What is up with the totally anachronistic DJ/singalong in Town Square at MK closing? So wrong for MK

I have rolled with everything else. But this would keep me from returning, ever again. Whoever did this is completely clueless about Disney.

This is exactly what my husband said! I had to drag him by force to Disney in 2005. He was dreading it. He LOVED it. He loved it because he was expecting stuff like this DJ and it wasn't like that at all.

What the heck?? Very bad call on Disney's part. I am always so full of all the feels when I leave the MK knowing it will be a while before I return. This would be very upsetting if this is what I heard on my way out. I have nothing against a good dance party and DJ. And I'm sure he is very good at his job and doesn't deserve all the criticism, but this is not the time or place for this.

Is guest direction at exit an actual problem that needs to be solved? Aren't we coming up on 50 years of the MK being open? We don't have 50 years worth of guests crammed into the area just outside the gates frantically wondering how to get back home. I mean, it's never been a problem before. Why now do people suddenly need to be pointed towards the busses, boats, and monorail by a DJ?

What the heck?? Very bad call on Disney's part. I am always so full of all the feels when I leave the MK knowing it will be a while before I return. This would be very upsetting if this is what I heard on my way out. I have nothing against a good dance party and DJ. And I'm sure he is very good at his job and doesn't deserve all the criticism, but this is not the time or place for this.
Right, to be clear, my horror is not with the DJ. It’s with ANY DJ like this on Main St USA, where we are supposed to be immersed.

I'm not one to complain about Disney much, but it's such bad form. He's in super casual, regular civilian clothes, and has NO NAME TAG. Absolutely no one representing Disney that is not in a costume should EVER be without a name tag.

???????

I have no doubt he's just a contracted party DJ, not a Disney employee.

Maybe that was his party costume and he scored a gig of a lifetime
As in World Fame is my name Give me a D I S N E Y

I have rolled with everything else. But this would keep me from returning, ever again. Whoever did this is completely clueless about Disney.

People throw around the phrase "Walt is rolling in his grave," but I think he would've been pretty upset at this given how much of a stickler he was for show and theming. Like how he built the underground tunnels in MK so costumed CMs would never be seen out of place.

I saw this going on two different nights last week on two different live streams. Disney does a lot of things these days that make me wonder, but this one was so bad it was surreal. Doing this on Main Street was beyond what I thought even current management would do.

???????

I have no doubt he's just a contracted party DJ, not a Disney employee.

Yes, obviously so (his DJ logo was on the back of his laptop that he was casually chillin' with while waiting for his set to start.) But Disney has standards for contracted workers. Half the restaurants are staffed by workers of restaurant companies and are not Disney employees. They all wear WDW nametags.

The point is that it was sloppy, bad form. They had no dress requirement for him. He was literally able to wear street clothes as the parting representative of the Magic Kingdom. I don't blame the DJ. His presence was just awfully anachronistic, and he was clearly hired by Disney.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter