What is This Wet Stuff Falling on Us? September 2021 Food and Wine TR! (RL Update 10/2!!)

Hurrah for booking a new trip. I think you'll really enjoy the Arts festival. I think it's my favorite. The food and wine is very good but there's also a lot to do (and buy). Interesting comment from the CM on the park reservations. I'm pretty sure Disney has said officially on earnings calls with investors that they plan to continue the reservation system so I'm not sure I'd put a ton of stock in that comment ... but who knows, circumstances change. Back to the TR, seems like you made the best of a rainy evening. Morocco has been a go-to for me the last several festivals. I'm not sure if people are "scared" by the food or if it doesn't get noticed since it's "hidden" in the old Tangierine Cafe location but I've rarely encountered a big line, and the food is fresh and very good.

I know, I'm so excited. I cannot wait to check out FARTS, I've been wanting to go for the past 2-3 years, so I'm so happy it's finally happening!

I wouldn't be surprised at all if I just read into what the CM was saying, probably wishful thinking on my part. While I'm not a fan of the park reservations, I don't mind them as much as the 2pm hopping. That drives me nuts! I just want to hop earlier so I can do lunch in Epcot!

As for the TR, I was amazed at how good the food at Morocco was! Those kabobs were delicious! Will have to remember to stop there again this year.

Debbie! I’m so sorry I forgot to mention you in my intro, I have read all of your trip reports too. It’s so lovely that you travel with your mom. Although, I must confess, it makes me super jealous, my mom lives 3,000 kilometers away.

Debbie! I’m so sorry I forgot to mention you in my intro, I have read all of your trip reports too. It’s so lovely that you travel with your mom. Although, I must confess, it makes me super jealous, my mom lives 3,000 kilometers away.

Oh goodness, no worries at all! I didn't even notice! I started to read your TR, and have been meaning to respond! I have this bad habit of liking a post with the intention to come back later to actually respond, but then when I finally do come back it's like two weeks later and then I'm all "is it weird I liked this two weeks ago and am responding now?" :rotfl2: Yeah, I may overthink things a bit!

It is so nice being able to travel with my mom, I do feel very lucky that I get to travel with her so often, and that we travel so well together. That's too bad your mom is so far away, hopefully/maybe one of these days you can do a trip together!

Just stumbled upon your trip report and am enjoying your traveling and writing style! I will have to check out some of your others while this one is in progress. :)

That is crazy that the YC gave you a room with construction like that but great that they made up for it! Also, those bus drivers letting people hold up everyone is annoying! I am trying to remember if I have ever experienced anything that bad, but I think mostly bus drivers have not waited. Although I'm sure I have at some point. Your food pics are currently making me drool!

ps I am a fellow New Englander, too. I am in Boston. I tend to meet more traveling New Englanders while staying at either BW or YC than at the other resorts.

Just stumbled upon your trip report and am enjoying your traveling and writing style! I will have to check out some of your others while this one is in progress. :)
Thank you so much!
That is crazy that the YC gave you a room with construction like that but great that they made up for it! Also, those bus drivers letting people hold up everyone is annoying! I am trying to remember if I have ever experienced anything that bad, but I think mostly bus drivers have not waited. Although I'm sure I have at some point. Your food pics are currently making me drool!
The room was so frustrating at the time, but they totally made up for it with the free trip! The bus drivers letting people, and even just the people asking, was something we've never really seen in previous trips. Not sure if it's a new policy, but I'm not a fan!

ps I am a fellow New Englander, too. I am in Boston. I tend to meet more traveling New Englanders while staying at either BW or YC than at the other resorts.
Haha, it's funny you say that because we have noticed the same thing! Especially in September, it seems like 90% of the guests staying at the YC/BC there are from New England!

The CM I spoke with was awesome, and he did say something that caught my attention. In the typical spiel about booking park reservations early since they do fill up, he did make a comment that it was only precautionary since they haven't announced yet that they were eliminating them. I could totally just be reading into it, but the way he said it, it seemed to imply that an announcement was coming. I sooooo hope this is true, and especially the park hopping at 2 is eliminated, that would be amazing! There is also a solid chance I'm just reading into things, but oh well, a girl can dream!
I hope that dream would come true! I would give just about anything to have that 2 pm rule go away!

I hope that dream would come true! I would give just about anything to have that 2 pm rule go away!
Me too! I hate the 2pm rule, it makes doing lunch at Epcot basically impossible. And during the festivals we like to eat lunch at Epcot as much as possible, but now unless we just have Epcot as our park reservation everyday we're spending a lot less time eating at the food booths.

Just popping in with a quick RL update! I finally did it, I finally booked my recovery free stay at the Yacht Club! It was so much easier than expected, and it wasn't fake which I was oddly very worried about. I'm going at the end of January, so finally get to check out FARTs, which I'm super excited about.

The CM I spoke with was awesome, and he did say something that caught my attention. In the typical spiel about booking park reservations early since they do fill up, he did make a comment that it was only precautionary since they haven't announced yet that they were eliminating them. I could totally just be reading into it, but the way he said it, it seemed to imply that an announcement was coming. I sooooo hope this is true, and especially the park hopping at 2 is eliminated, that would be amazing! There is also a solid chance I'm just reading into things, but oh well, a girl can dream!

Alright, that's all the fun new updates for now. I'll be posting a new chapter in this TR soon!

I am late to the party and just started reading your TR a few days ago! I'm all caught up now!

I heard through the grapevine that they have the reservation in place until the end of the year. I don't know how true that is, but as a local, I can only hope one day we can go whenever again!

Day 9, Part 1: The Race to Norway!

After a nice long nights sleep we were up again, this time around 7:30. The alarms weren’t set to go off until about 8:30, but after so many days of getting up super early, we naturally woke up by 7:30. Oh well, we tried to sleep in!

We had a nice slow morning since we were heading over to Epcot for rope drop, but that wasn’t until much later (I think 10:30…at least that’s when they let us loose in the park). The super late opening of Epcot was a bummer, but it did at least allow for one really slow, relaxed, morning this trip!

Around 9:45 we headed out of the room and over the IG. They made us form two lines over there for security and held us there until 10:00. We somehow managed to be second in line, wahoo! Once they opened security we quickly made it through and over to the scanners.

This is where the people in the other line did something dumb, and once again I have to say, the queuing instinct is real my friends! I think I say that every TR. Anyways, the people leading the other line to our right for some reason thought they had to join our line, and everyone following them, well, followed them. So there was suddenly this huge jostling for position to for a single line to scan into the park, even though there were scanners open for both lines. Ugh. People.

Finally, a CM called out that there were two lines and we got things sort of figured out. We ended up waiting for the tapstiles to open for about another 5 minutes until they finally let us scan in and we were off!....to the top of the hill. Haha. So. Much. Stopping.

They held us at the top of the hill just before the UK until about 10:15 when they finally came to slooooowly walk us into the park. I thought they were going to walk us all the way to FW and then let us run off to the rides, but nope, they stopped us once again in Canada. I guess to make it more fair to the IG guests to get to the front of the park rides? :confused3

I think I’d actually have them just hold us on the hill before the UK, even if the people entering from the front of the park have an advantage getting to the rides at the front of the park. For one, we had a nice line formed on the hill, AND, most importantly, the hill is in the shade. Where they held us in Canada was out in the sun and it became wicked hot very quickly. Plus with the walk over there the lines had disappeared and we were all squished in like sardines.

Anyways, they held us in Canada until 10:30. The CMs holding us though were great and had us playing games while we waited, so the wait did go by quickly, even though it was face of the sun hot.

Finally, at 10:30 they let us loose, and we took off! Mom and I are very fast walkers and quickly moved to the front of the pack, there was one other couple trying to keep up with us, but was struggling, so it looked like we would be the first in line for FEA….until that other couple just started to flat out run to get there! Cheaters.

Anywho, since that couple cheated we ended up being second in line for the ride. Not the end of the world though, we were still on the first boat of the day, just had to settle for the second row!

Oh no! I just realized we never got this pictures. Fail.

By the time we got off the ride it was about 10:50, and since we were so close to Mexico we decided to head over there to start the line for La Cava. Nothing like a margarita for breakfast!

It was a quick walk over to Mexico, and soon we were first in line for La Cava to open. They ended up opening at 11:05 and we headed to the bar to order. I ended up getting the Top Shelf, and mom got the Cucumber. They were both delicious, although my favorite is still the avocado margarita.

NEXT UP: Why is this So Good??

Last edited:
I am late to the party and just started reading your TR a few days ago! I'm all caught up now!
:welcome: Thanks for joining in on the fun!
I heard through the grapevine that they have the reservation in place until the end of the year. I don't know how true that is, but as a local, I can only hope one day we can go whenever again!

Yeah, I've heard similar. Yuck. Fingers crossed that they do drop them at some point though, it just feels so rigid these days not being able to change plans easily on the fly!

Anyways, they held us in Canada until 10:30. The CMs holding us though were great and had us playing games while we waited, so the wait did go by quickly, even though it was face of the sun hot.
I didn't realize that they held people up at numerous spots. It sounds like you still beat the crowd that was coming from the main Epcot entrance, in spite of the stops. :)

Last edited:

Day 9, Part 2: Why is This So Good??

Once we had our drinks from La Cava, we headed over to the donut box to try some more food booth items! Compared to previous days it was empty around that area, which was actually surprising since this was one of the random days that the park reservations for Epcot were completely sold out during our trip.

We found a table in the shade and mom held that while I ran up to get us the food. I ended up grabbing the crispy chicken on a sriracha glazed donut for us to split. Now nothing about that sounded appealing to us at all, however we figured since we were there to try out new food, we might as well see what this was like.

Well, I’m shocked to say this, but it was AMAZING! This was probably my favorite dish at the whole fest! I never in a million years would have thought I would like this, but it was phenomenal. Both my mom and I were completely surprised how much we liked it. So yeah, I’m glad we decided to test it out! Need to remember to keep trying things I don’t think I’ll like!

After finishing up the chicken donut, we cleaned up (it was super messy to eat), then went searching for some of the 50th statues!

When we got to the Figment statue there was a guy taking pictures, so we waited our turn, and when he finished up he offered to get a picture of both my mom and me! Love strangers like this!

We saw a photopass photographer nearby, so of course headed over there for some pictures!

(showing off our drinks!)

Our next stop was the Noodle Exchange. Here I got the Shrimp and Coconut Curry, and mom got the Pork Udon. We once again lucked out and found a table in the shade to eat at.

Now, I saw that they noted the shrimp was spicy, but there have been sooooo many dishes at F&W that is labeled as spicy and I don’t think it’s even remotely spicy, so I figured it would be more of the same here. Well, I was wrong. Very very wrong. The shrimp was super spicy! I have never had a dish at Disney that was this spicy! I assume they tend to tone it down to appeal to the masses, but they certainly did not for this one.

It was still delicious, I was just a bit surprised! Mom’s pork wasn’t remotely spicy though and was also really good. I hope this booth comes back next year, I was a huge fan!

Next up: Day 9, Part 3: More Food and Photopass!

Last edited:
I didn't realize that the held people up at numerous spots. It sounds like you still beat the crowd that was coming from the main Epcot entrance, in spite of the stops. :)
Yeah, it was the first time we experienced it like that. In the past they've just held us on the hill before the UK. I'm guessing it was to make the distance to the rides at the front of the park more equal to those coming in from the front, but who knows! I wonder if they still do it this way now that Remy is open.

Day 9, Part 3: More Food and Photopass!

We last left off eating at the noodle exchange. Once we finished our noodles, we decided to get some Photopass pictures. We found one right at the entry to WS, and the photographer immediately noticed my mom’s Tapestry of Nations shirt so we ended up chatting with him for a while about it. I swear, every person we talk to about this parade RAVES about it! I don’t blame them, I loved it as well, but it is funny how once people notice mom’s shirt they cannot wait to talk about how awesome the parade was!

Anyways, after chatting with the photographer a bit, we got our pictures!

We then made our way around WS, heading towards Mexico. While passing Mexico we noticed a photopass photographer so of course had to stop!

In Norway we found another Photopass photographer so stopped again!

Our next stop was India where I got the bread and the chenin blanc.

These were both good, not the best of the fest, but still solid options.

Next up were some more photopass pictures in Italy!

We continued to make our way around WS and found another Photopass in Morocco! Once again, the photographer noticed my mom’s shirt so we chatted with her for a bit about how awesome the parade was. She also mentioned that she was in elementary school when she saw it, which um, made me feel soooo old! It’s hard to believe it’s been 22 years since the parade!

Finally we were getting tired, and overheated, so we made our way back to the YC to rest up since we had a big night coming up!

Next up: I Saw Mel Torme Sing The Christmas Song Here!

Last edited:
You are making me nostalgic for Food & Wine! Everything looks and sounds so good! Unfortunately, I don't think I saw Tapestry of Nations. Or if I did, I didn't properly appreciate it. As a teen I thought World Showcase was soooo boring. I'd never have guessed it would end up being my happy place!

You are making me nostalgic for Food & Wine! Everything looks and sounds so good! Unfortunately, I don't think I saw Tapestry of Nations. Or if I did, I didn't properly appreciate it. As a teen I thought World Showcase was soooo boring. I'd never have guessed it would end up being my happy place!
Haha, yeah it's hard looking at all these food pictures with F&W seeming so far away!

Tapestry of Nations was definitely a favorite, although I think it was mostly the music that did it for me. I still love hearing it!
It's funny, I probably would have thought WS was boring back then if it weren't for all the cute foreign guys working there! :rotfl2: Back during the 2000 celebration I dragged my parents there almost every day of our trip simply because of that, totally had a crush on one of the guys working at the Scotland area in World Showplace.

I'm surprised that so many people were familiar with the Tapestry of Nations parade. We were at WDW in 2000, I have the luggage tag to prove it, but I don't remember the parade.

We loved the sriracha donut chicken sandwich. I think Andi voted it one of her top picks at F&W.
I love all the PP pictures around WS, fun!

I'm surprised that so many people were familiar with the Tapestry of Nations parade. We were at WDW in 2000, I have the luggage tag to prove it, but I don't remember the parade.
That's so funny how we all remember different things! Granted we went to Epcot every single day of our trip back then so saw the parade a bunch, and loved it so much we bought the CD with it's music (and the Illuminations music), which we listened to all the time and I even still listen to these days.

We loved the sriracha donut chicken sandwich. I think Andi voted it one of her top picks at F&W.
I love all the PP pictures around WS, fun!
We were surprised at how good that was! I'm so happy we decided to check it out, it definitely was at the top of my list for last year!

There seemed to be more photopass photographers set up around WS this past trip, which we of course loved. We tried to stop at all of the ones we saw! There are days I think we enjoy getting photopass pictures more than riding rides :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter