What is This Wet Stuff Falling on Us? September 2021 Food and Wine TR! (RL Update 10/2!!)

Ugh on no Remy in the UK. I love the scavenger hunts but sometimes they're really hard to find! Or perhaps my sipping and snacking prevents me from focusing enough. :rolleyes1 That tiny world shot is so cool!

Haha, it was totally our fault, we just assumed there would be one there since there has been every other year we've done the scavenger hunt. Now we know to actually look at the map before starting! :rotfl:

Day 5, Part 6: More Food and Wine Goodies!

We last left off with a ride on SE practicing our Portuguese. We had amazing timing with the storm as it had mostly passed by the time we got off the ride!

We headed back into the park and over to Mousegears to browse. There wasn’t anything we saw that we wanted, but it was a nice goodbye to the temporary Mousegears location!

We were starting to get hungry at this point, so headed to the group of food booths nearby. I ended up stopping at the Mac ‘n Eats booth where I got the truffle mac ‘n cheese and a glass of chenin blanc.

This was amazing! I practically inhaled it. I really hope they bring this back next year, I will definitely be getting it again.

While eating these two woman came over and asked to share our table which we were happy to do. They had gotten the lobster tail dish, and I was shocked at how big it was! We never ended up checking out that booth, but those woman gave it rave reviews!

Our next stop was Hawaii to get the cheesecake and to finally finish the cheese crawl! Wahoo!

This was really good!

Finally we headed over to Shimmering Sips to collect our prizes and I also got the tropical mimosa.

The dessert prize was good, but not my favorite, I only ended up eating about half of it. The mimosa was great though! I also love the cup the dessert came in, it’s really cute!

While we enjoyed the cheese crawl, we did find that it kind of dominated the first few days of our trip so I’m not sure if we’d do it again.

Finally we headed back to the YC to rest before our big night plans!

Next Up: Our Good Luck with the Weather is Officially Over

Last edited:

Following along late! Seems like you and your mom travel really well together. Looked like so much fun. 🙂

Day 5, Part 7: Our Luck with the Weather is Officially Over

We had a nice rest in our room before getting ready for our big night. We had booked a fireworks cruise for this night!

We had originally wanted to do this later in the trip, but by the time they opened up booking for these for September it was only like 40 days out from our trip so by the time I got through on the phone (over a 3.5 hour wait :eek: ) this was the only night of the 10 nights we were there that had any availability. Grr.

After resting for a bit we packed up our bag for the cruise. We poured one of the bottles of wine we had gotten in Germany into a Nalgene bottle (glass bottles aren’t allowed on the boat), packed up some additional snacks, and our plastic wine glasses.

They had told us to check in around 7:45, so around 7:40 we started to make our way out. We made our way down to the boat rental place at the hotel to check in, and right at the moment we arrived there was this huge bolt of lightening in the distance and crack of thunder. Ugh. Seriously?

Now, it had been storming on and off all day and when we checked the radar earlier the storm was clearly passed us and off to the west, so we hoped it was far enough away that the cruise would go on.

Well, we check in, and the guy is all “well obviously right now we can’t go out, and to be honest with you it doesn’t look good.”

Great.

He did tell us that they would make a final call in 30-45 minutes, so we took our bag of goodies and went to sit on the back porch of the YC. I kept checking the radar, and it was one of those obnoxious storms that don’t seem to move. It was like the one from I think 2018 or maybe 2017 that had us trapped at Nomad lounge for hours until they closed and we ended up getting drenched, but at least that time we had good food and drinks! The stupid storm just sat there and changed shape, but never budged. I’ve decided I really really hate these kinds of storms!

We tried to stay positive, 45 minutes is a pretty long time, there had to be a chance the storm would be far enough away at that point.

Sadly no, at around 8:20 we finally got the call from the boat that our cruise was cancelled. :sad:

Now, for anyone keeping track (which I know is no one :rotfl2: ) between the wait time on the phone to book this and the wait time to make our room request, both of which were big fat failures, I wasted roughly 6 hours for nothing. I think I would have been less upset about the cruise being cancelled if my call wait time to book it wasn’t over 3.5 hours. Also would have been less upset if they released booking for September in time for us to book at the 60 day mark instead of a few weeks later. I suspect since they original day we wanted was on nights 8 or 9 of our trip we would have gotten it, but ended up losing to people whose trip started after ours. Grr.

And if anyone is wondering, this was the only night the whole trip there that it stormed. Figures :rotfl:

Anyways, after finding out our cruise was a bust, we headed back to the room and ended up drowning our sorrows in limoncello and wine and watching football yet again. I don’t think I’ve ever watched so many football games while on vacation!

So not the night we expected, but it is what it is. Our luck with weather during our trips was officially over!

Next up: Finally, A Slow Day!

Last edited:
Following along late! Seems like you and your mom travel really well together. Looked like so much fun. 🙂

:welcome: Thanks for following along! My mom is really the best travel partner, we love the same things and just have such a good time when we travel!

Since the last post was picture free, here's a picture of the puzzle I just finished! This was harder than I expected, way too many plain blue pieces! My mom got me this set for Christmas and I'm kind of obsessed. This is the first of four puzzles of the stretching room portraits, and I can't wait to get started on the next one!

Last edited:
Since the last post was picture free, here's a picture of the puzzle I just finished! This was harder than I expected, way too many plain blue pieces! My mom got me this set for Christmas and I'm kind of obsessed. This the the first of four puzzles of the stretching room portraits, and I can't wait to get started on the next one!

Really cool! I hope you frame them, would look near.

And if anyone is wondering, this was the only night the whole trip there that it stormed. Figures :rotfl:
I hate those Florida storms, too. We are used to the weather coming from the west and moving to the east. But Florida has strange weather patterns and there is no way to know what it will do.

It would have been nice if they could have scheduled you for a make up cruise on the next night. It was the least they could do.
This was harder than I expected, way too many plain blue pieces! My mom got me this set for Christmas and I'm kind of obsessed.
Cute puzzle - but I dread the ones with big areas of one color. :)

I hate those Florida storms, too. We are used to the weather coming from the west and moving to the east. But Florida has strange weather patterns and there is no way to know what it will do.

It would have been nice if they could have scheduled you for a make up cruise on the next night. It was the least they could do.

We actually asked if they had availability any other nights in our trip and they couldn't tell us, they said the only way to find out was to call again. I asked if it was the same number from the website, i.e. the one with the crazy wait times, and after telling me it was I mentioned that it was a bit ridiculous that they expected me to wait for hours on the phone while physically there on vacation, and they pretty much just told me "tough luck."

I really don't get why when you're there in person they can't even check to see if there is any availability, but then again there is a lot of stuff Disney does that I don't really understand! :rotfl:

Cute puzzle - but I dread the ones with big areas of one color. :)

Haha, me too! The next ones are similar with huge areas of just one color, so I'm expecting they will also take a few weeks to finish.

Day 6, Part 1: Finally, A Slow Day!

This morning was another MK day, but this time instead of focusing on rides our goal was to take tons of pictures, explore a bit and just take it slow!

We got down to the bus stop at 7:32, and the bus arrived at 7:40, finally getting our timing down!

Similar to the previous day, just as the bus was about to pull away this guy runs over and asks the bus driver to wait for his family and once again the driver does. Turns out it’s the exact same family from the previous day who did the same thing! So we waited for them to all arrive, then waited for the scooter to load. We finally ended up leaving the YC at 7:50.

I have to say, the difference in leaving the YC at 7:40 and 7:50 is HUGE. Compared to just three days prior where there were no delays in the first bus leaving the YC, the lines at the tapstiles this day were nuts. Those 10 minutes really make a difference between being at the front of the line vs being back hundreds of people.

Fortunately, we weren’t there to ride rides that day, so we weren’t bothered, but we felt bad for the other guests on the bus who got stuck waiting for 10 minutes for that guys family to arrive.

Once off the bus we made it quickly through security and headed to the far left tapstiles which had much shorter lines.

Soon the park was opening and we made our way in! We first took a bunch of photopass pictures on Main Street.

Next we headed to the Emporium to do some shopping. I ended up picking up a bunch of stuff, although I already forgot exactly what. :rotfl:

We went to check out and found a register with no line, wahoo! But after scanning all our goodies, the register completely froze. The CM tried to get it working again, but no luck. She also tried to sign onto the other register but she was now locked out! Oops! She was super apologetic, and we told her it really was not an issue, we weren’t in a rush so could go find a working register which we did.

After shopping we found some more photopass photographers and took some of our own pictures around the hub!

We are trying so hard to not laugh in this picture :rotfl2:

Did a slightly better job looking serious in this one...

Once the park opened at 9, we hung back getting pictures to let the crowds disperse. Finally at 9:15 we headed back to Tomorrowland and decided to hop on Buzz since there was no one there.

After Buzz we headed to the Peoplemover since it too was walk on.

Did you even ride Peoplemover if you didn’t get a picture of the Tron construction?

We then walked around the park getting pictures as we went and searching for more of the 50th statues!

Look how empty it is back here, it’s really nice that first hour of the park while everyone is rushing to rides to just wander around getting pictures.

Mom decided she wanted to get a picture of me on the BOG bridge…

As she was getting pictures of me, amazingly a line started to build to get the same shot. Seriously, the queueing instinct is fascinating, and kinda crazy.

As we made our way through Fantasyland we did some more shopping and I ended up picking up a velour sweater which is super cute and sooooo soft!

When we got to Frontierland we had great timing since the Tink cavalcade was coming!

After watching Tink go by we started to make our way out, of course getting more pictures on the way!

As we made our way down Main Street, we swung by the jewelry store to pick up some earrings I had seen earlier and decided I wanted to get.

We then got some more pictures before heading out for the day.

Finally, we headed over to the bus stop. As we were walking over we could see that both the YC/BC bus and the BW bus were there, but our timing was bad since both pulled away before we made it to the bus stop.

We once again hovered just outside of both stops to wait for the next bus to come, and within about 2 minutes another BW bus showed up so we hopped on! Best thing about how often the BW bus comes, we had our own private bus back!

Whew! That was a picture heavy post!

Next Up: Well, This is Awkward

Last edited:
Similar to the previous day, just as the bus was about to pull away this guy runs over and asks the bus driver to wait for his family and once again the driver does. Turns out it’s the exact same family from the previous day who did the same thing! So we waited for them to all arrive, then waited for the scooter to load. We finally ended up leaving the YC at 7:50.
It looks like this family makes a habit of holding buses for their convenience. I would be really mad if I caught them doing this for a second time. This is a very selfish thing to do.
We once again hovered just outside of both stops to wait for the next bus to come, and within about 2 minutes another BW bus showed up so we hopped on! Best thing about how often the BW bus comes, we had our own private bus back!
The last time we hopped on the BW bus when our YC/BC bus hadn't arrived yet, we saw the YC/BC bus pulling in as we were pulling out. Other times I wish we had hopped on the BW bus because it would have been faster.

Hi there, I’ve been reading along...was late joining the party but caught up quickly thanks to the links :thumbsup2

Love that you had a mother/daughter trip and great PP pics. Looking forward to reading more and living vicariously through the TRs on here until my trip in September :yay:

Ugh... so sorry your fireworks cruise was canceled. What a bummer. I guess there's always next trip. I wound up spending a rainy night just hanging in my room at the YC over the summer and honestly it was delightful. As annoying as rain is, sometimes a nice quiet night is just what you need. I cannot believe that guy and that family did it again. What in the world? That is so unbelievably obnoxious. Were people giving them a death stare when they moseyed on up? I'm really surprised that the drivers were willing to do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter