What is This Wet Stuff Falling on Us? September 2021 Food and Wine TR! (RL Update 10/2!!)

We were starting to get hungry at this point, so headed to the group of food booths nearby. I ended up stopping at the Mac ‘n Eats booth where I got the truffle mac ‘n cheese and a glass of chenin blanc.
That looks delicious!
The dessert prize was good, but not my favorite, I only ended up eating about half of it. The mimosa was great though! I also love the cup the dessert came in, it’s really cute!

While we enjoyed the cheese crawl, we did find that it kind of dominated the first few days of our trip so I’m not sure if we’d do it again.
Those food crawls can be fun but they sure do take up a lot of time.
We had a nice rest in our room before getting ready for our big night. We had booked a fireworks cruise for this night!
I would love to do one of those one day!
We tried to stay positive, 45 minutes is a pretty long time, there had to be a chance the storm would be far enough away at that point.

Sadly no, at around 8:20 we finally got the call from the boat that our cruise was cancelled. :sad:

Now, for anyone keeping track (which I know is no one :rotfl2: ) between the wait time on the phone to book this and the wait time to make our room request, both of which were big fat failures, I wasted roughly 6 hours for nothing. I think I would have been less upset about the cruise being cancelled if my call wait time to book it wasn’t over 3.5 hours. Also would have been less upset if they released booking for September in time for us to book at the 60 day mark instead of a few weeks later. I suspect since they original day we wanted was on nights 8 or 9 of our trip we would have gotten it, but ended up losing to people whose trip started after ours. Grr.
So sad!
After shopping we found some more photopass photographers and took some of our own pictures around the hub!
Love all the fun pictures!
When we got to Frontierland we had great timing since the Tink cavalcade was coming!
I love Tink!
We once again hovered just outside of both stops to wait for the next bus to come, and within about 2 minutes another BW bus showed up so we hopped on! Best thing about how often the BW bus comes, we had our own private bus back!
You were queens of the bus!

Quick RL Update!

So I'm going to see if I can book my free stay at the end of May this year. I'm a bit apprehensive about this since I have to call and give a code for the free stay, and I am totally imagining them coming back and telling me it was all a joke! I mean, the chances of them doing that are slim to none, but that's just how my brain works. :rotfl2: So hopefully will have some good news about a trip soon!

In other news, this happened....

Yesterday evening I was chopping some food and my dog bumped into me and the knife slipped and got my finger instead of the food, eek! Turns out I have a really great knife, cuts through things great, including my finger. So I spent my Friday night hanging out at the urgent care. Ended up having to get 7 stitches! Not how I wanted to start the weekend, but at least this gives me a great excuse for a super lazy Saturday!

It looks like this family makes a habit of holding buses for their convenience. I would be really mad if I caught them doing this for a second time. This is a very selfish thing to do.

Exactly! We only experienced them twice, but I imagine they did that every morning they used a bus. So ridiculously selfish.

The last time we hopped on the BW bus when our YC/BC bus hadn't arrived yet, we saw the YC/BC bus pulling in as we were pulling out. Other times I wish we had hopped on the BW bus because it would have been faster.

Yeah, it's really hard to guess which would be faster. For the most part we just hop on the first to arrive, we like to just get going, and be in the AC.

Hi there, I’ve been reading along...was late joining the party but caught up quickly thanks to the links :thumbsup2

:welcome:Thanks for joining in! I'm so happy people are using the links! One of the first TRs I ever read had them and it was so easy to follow because of the links, so of course I had to copy them!

Love that you had a mother/daughter trip and great PP pics. Looking forward to reading more and living vicariously through the TRs on here until my trip in September :yay:

I'm very lucky my mom is so great to travel with, these trips together are so much fun! And yay for a September trip! Personally think that's the best time to go. Are you going early or late September?

Ugh... so sorry your fireworks cruise was canceled. What a bummer. I guess there's always next trip. I wound up spending a rainy night just hanging in my room at the YC over the summer and honestly it was delightful. As annoying as rain is, sometimes a nice quiet night is just what you need. I cannot believe that guy and that family did it again. What in the world? That is so unbelievably obnoxious. Were people giving them a death stare when they moseyed on up? I'm really surprised that the drivers were willing to do that.

Yeah, it was a bummer, but can't control the weather. You're right, it was actually pretty nice having a low key night in the room, our bodies probably needed that after all the running around!

And yeah, that family and the buses was super obnoxious. I can't understand why they thought it was ok. I'm pretty sure we were all glaring at them when they finally all arrived!

That looks delicious!

It was sooooo good, I really hope this booth is back this year so I can get it again!

Those food crawls can be fun but they sure do take up a lot of time.

Yeah, it was a lot of fun, and I love the prize, but it got annoying after a few days feeling like we had to go to certain booths to finish it instead of eat at the booths we felt like.

I would love to do one of those one day!

Me too! :rotfl:

Yeah, it was a bummer, but can't control the weather. At least we had some nice wine to drown our sorrows in!

Love all the fun pictures!

We got some really fun ones this year! It was great to spend some mornings going to the parks to just do pictures and explore.

I love Tink!

Me too! I was so happy we happened to be there right as her cavalcade was starting!

You were queens of the bus!

Haha, we totally were! Since we were the only ones on it we should have asked the driver to drop us off at the YC instead of the BW....too bad I didn't think of that until just now!

I got way behind! But I am all caught up!

Once again it was still pretty empty after that ride, so I opted to ride again, but this time my mom sat out since she couldn’t handle another ride on it so soon!
I don't think we have ever been able to ride 3 times in a row like that. That would be so fun!

Well about a minute after sitting down, this CM comes over to us and in the most condescending way goes “What, do you think you’re special, do you think you deserve to sit there? Well YOU DON’T!” He literally yelled “You don’t.”
Have you watched Parks and Rec? One of the last sesons they had a character who only really yelled his lines. It was histerical. And is what I imagined when reading this.

e CM leads this huge group of very tall people and instructs them to sit in the row directly in front of us where we had been sitting, and gives us the nastiest smirk as he does so. We were so mad at his attitude towards us, it was just ridiculous. Before leaving the park that day we did stop at guest relations to let them know about him, we’ve never done this before, but that guy had no business being in a guest facing roll.
Yikes! That is def worth a complaint at the front of the park.

And of course we got the octopus appetizer to start!

I am planning our first trip here and I am not a big octopus person, but I feel like I need to try it!

SE was a total walk on at this point, and it was a great break from the heat! We also couldn’t stop laughing at our pictures on the ride this time!

Hilarious!

I can tell you with certainty now that the Portuguese lessons are not working. :rotfl2:
Ha!

e is wondering, this was the only night the whole trip there that it stormed. Figures :rotfl:
Bummer!!! I remember you talking about how long you waited to book that!

Did you even ride Peoplemover if you didn’t get a picture of the Tron construction?
Ha! Hopefully soon it will be complete!!! Please!!!

As she was getting pictures of me, amazingly a line started to build to get the same shot. Seriously, the queueing instinct is fascinating, and kinda crazy.
It is so true!

Best thing about how often the BW bus comes, we had our own private bus back!
A private bus back is the best! We had that once at Port Orleans French Quarter. It was great.

Ended up having to get 7 stitches! Not how I wanted to start the weekend, but at least this gives me a great excuse for a super lazy Saturday!
Yikes! I hope it heals fast!

:welcome:Thanks for joining in! I'm so happy people are using the links! One of the first TRs I ever read had them and it was so easy to follow because of the links, so of course I had to copy them!

I'm very lucky my mom is so great to travel with, these trips together are so much fun! And yay for a September trip! Personally think that's the best time to go. Are you going early or late September?

Yes links definitely make it easier to follow and catch up on a TR!

Aaw that’s lovely! Thanks, my first and only ever other Disney trip was in September. I love that time of year. We are travelling mid-September. It’s been moved 3 times because of the pandemic.

That must have been a pretty big cut - ouch! It is really hard keeping a wound like this dry.

Yeah, I'm really impressed with how well my knife cut! :rotfl2:

The entire time the doctor was stitching me up she kept saying thigs like "wow, this is so deep!" or "I can't believe how bad this is" or "I can't believe how deep this is!"....um, thanks, I get it, it's a deep cut. :rotfl:

I don't think we have ever been able to ride 3 times in a row like that. That would be so fun!

It was awesome! I feel like I somehow always get very lucky with EE and am there when there is either zero wait or a super low wait. Great for me, I absolutely love this ride!

Have you watched Parks and Rec? One of the last sesons they had a character who only really yelled his lines. It was histerical. And is what I imagined when reading this.

I watched it occasionally when it was on tv, and funny enough about two years ago before I started my new job working for the city I started watching it again to get a taste of what working for a local government was like. Gotta say, the show was pretty spot on :rotfl:

But all that said, I never saw the season he was in, but he was exactly like the bird show CM! HA!

Yikes! That is def worth a complaint at the front of the park.

Yeah, I'm glad we said something, even though I still feel a bit guilty about it.

I am planning our first trip here and I am not a big octopus person, but I feel like I need to try it!

It's really good, and the last few years they've been changing it up seasonally which I love. Tiffins is so great, I hope you have a great experience there!

Hilarious!

I love those pictures, we always look ridiculous in them, but these pictures with half our face invisible are my favorites!

Bummer!!! I remember you talking about how long you waited to book that!

Yeah, it was really unfortunate the weather didn't work our for us for this. Oh well, there's always next year I guess!

Ha! Hopefully soon it will be complete!!! Please!!!

I cannot wait til this one opens! Hopefully sooner than later!

It is so true!

It really is! I'm always fascinated by it, people really love lines!

A private bus back is the best! We had that once at Port Orleans French Quarter. It was great.

It is so awesome, I wish we could always have our own private bus! Guess that's why we liked the Minnie vans so much :rotfl2:

Yikes! I hope it heals fast!

Thanks! Getting better, can't wait for the stitches to come out, at this point I think they're more bothersome than the cut!

Aaw that’s lovely! Thanks, my first and only ever other Disney trip was in September. I love that time of year. We are travelling mid-September. It’s been moved 3 times because of the pandemic.

Yikes, three times already? Fingers crossed this trip will stick! We'll be there in September too, if you see us feel free to say hi! :wave:

Yeah, I'm really impressed with how well my knife cut! :rotfl2:

The entire time the doctor was stitching me up she kept saying thigs like "wow, this is so deep!" or "I can't believe how bad this is" or "I can't believe how deep this is!"....um, thanks, I get it, it's a deep cut. :rotfl:
At least you were justified in going to the emergency room. ::yes::

Good evening everyone! Quick RL update.

So we’ve been going over our plans for our next F&W trip (yes we like to plan waaaaay in advance), and we’ve decided to do something we’ve never done before….four parks in one day!

Ok, so nothing special, but we’ve never done it, and with the 2pm park hopping it’s like extra challenging these days and we’re up for the challenge!

Our goal for each park is to ride at least one ride, have one snack, and of course get photopass pictures to commemorate the day.

Can’t wait to try this out, I’m sure we will be exhausted by the end of the day, but it’ll be awesome to try!

At least you were justified in going to the emergency room. ::yes::

HA! So true, I actually debated a long time before going, but after over two over of bleeding I realized it probably wasn't going to stop on its own. Glad the doctor validated my decision!

Fun!!!! It will be exhausting but like you said it will be awesome as well.

We're so excited, this may actually be the thing we're most excited about for this trip! I do suspect the second we finish up the last park we are booking it back to the hotel to sleep, even if it's at like 7 at night! :rotfl2:

Sorry for the long break in posting everyone, been super busy around here lately! Between work and my new project of putting together a website, I have totally dropped the ball in writing this report. But I'm back now, and am taking a staycation this week so I'll in theory have time to get more of this report done!

Now back to the show!

Day 6, Part 2: Well, This is Awkward

After a morning in MK, we made our way back to the YC. Our plan was to eat some of the leftovers from the past few days for lunch out on our balcony. We’d much rather pop into Epcot for food booths for lunch, but sadly the 2pm park hopping ruined that tradition for us this trip. Oh well, we had some delicious leftovers from the Yachtsman Steakhouse, so not a complete loss.

Well, we get back to the room and are surprised to find people out on our balcony!

Seriously? The past few days were annoying enough with the noise from the work they were doing, but now to actually have two strangers on our balcony when we want to use it and the room was just awkward.

We ended up closing the curtains for some privacy and eating our lunches on our beds. Not ideal, but it is what it is. (and to be fair is a big part of why we’re getting a free trip so at least they made up for it!)

After lunch we decided to go swimming, and opted to head to the quiet pool. It was completely empty down there, we had the pool to ourselves, but it was anything but quiet with the work they were doing on that side of the resort.

We ended up staying down there until 12:30, then headed back to the room to shower and rest. Mom somehow ended up falling asleep and slept until about 2:30! I wish I could sleep through that much noise! Instead, I caught up on trip notes and spent time going through the pictures we’d taken.

Soon after my mom woke up she was getting hungry again, so we decided to hop over to Epcot to get some food booth items! We ended up heading out of the room around 2:50, and made our way to Epcot!

NEXT UP: Where Did the Crowds Go?

Last edited:
Catching up. Sorry about your finger. Ouch! Hurrah for planning for Food & Wine. Four parks in one day sounds fun. Tiring but fun. As frequent visitors, I find that having a quest of some sort can make it fresh and fun. Of course, mine are often around food and drink. :rolleyes1 I wonder if the park hopping rules will remain in place or get amended. I think I saw somewhere that park reservation system is expected to remain through this year and next. UGH on your balcony being occupied when you got back. So frustrating. This is blasphemous but I honestly often prefer the quiet pools even to Stormalong Bay. But I do like them to be quiet. The construction must have been annoying. I think I saw that it's still ongoing there! Crazy!! Enjoy your staycation this week!!!

Seriously? The past few days were annoying enough with the noise from the work they were doing, but now to actually have two strangers on our balcony when we want to use it and the room was just awkward.
We had painters on our balcony at the Beach Club one time. But what you had was a lot worse. Was that room supposed to be taken out of inventory in stead being given to guests?
After lunch we decided to go swimming, and opted to head to the quiet pool. It was completely empty down there, we had the pool to ourselves,
I really like the YC quiet pool. It is almost always empty, or close to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter