What is this sign/magnet?

Girl of the South

DIS Veteran
IMG_7182.jpegSome friends of mine texted me photos of their little girls (first Disney cruise!) decorating their cabin door and I noticed this sign/magnet on the door above the handle. Does it mean the room has been cleaned? Is it just for the first day?

Yes, it is on the door when you first arrive showing that it's clean and ready. It's only there the first day when you first get to your room.

I think they're fairly new...since they started leaving cards at the doors during COVID, maybe?
Maybe! We were on the Magic, San Juan to Ft Lauderdale in May, and so, if the magnets were used recently, I still didn’t see them. You best believe I will look more carefully in September! :boat:

They started using these magnets in 2021. They are still using them. We sailed the fantasy a couple weeks ago.

When sailing started back in 2021, you could easily tell how few cabins were occupied by these signs on the cabin doors. Now, every cabin door has one.

Maybe! We were on the Magic, San Juan to Ft Lauderdale in May, and so, if the magnets were used recently, I still didn’t see them. You best believe I will look more carefully in September! :boat:
We were on the same cruise with you. I honestly can't recall, but I'm pretty sure it was there. We were then on the Fantasy the following week and it was definitely there.

ETA: I checked our photos and we definitely had one on our door when we arrived. I left it there when I put our magnets out. I'm pretty sure it was gone by that night.

DSC02964.JPG

Last edited:
My guess - and it's just that - is those are a way for the deck manager to easily cruise down the hall to ensure that rooms are done. They collect them for use the next turnaround day.

I've been on 3 cruises since 2021 on the Wonder, Wish, and Dream and haven't noticed that magnet. I will definitely be looking in July.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest