"What Is This, a Crossover Episode?"-HHN 29, Universal, & A Little Disney (Sep 2019)-Completed 1/6-New PTR Link

Sounds like a great day all around! Love the pics with Abominable!

And a fun night at HHN! Though the rain sounds like it was annoying!

Couples going through houses with one clinging on to the other in a weird way is a pet peeve of mine too!! I almost tripped over a mans feet as he wrapped himself around his partners waist but then bent over so his face was in his lower back and his *** was protruding out towards us!!!! If you don’t want to see the stuff in the houses....don’t go in the house!!!!

It's awful! Especially when one or both people in the couple act really over the top. Like you can't be that scared! I know they're trying to be funny or get the other's attention but they hold up the line for everyone else. One of the nights coming up in Ghostbusters a woman in front of us threw herself to the floor dramatically screaming.

House of 1000 corpses, like you I knew not much about it, and it was a revelation........I thought it was good too and I wish I remembered seeing the picture of the Pomeranian........but, now I kind of don’t remember a lot about it apart from liking it.

It was near the guy that popped out and said "merry christmas" or something I think. I think the pictures were all random or some funny little thing they put in, I saw some kitten ones somewhere else too.

Have to admit, I barely remember Nightingales......yes, the smell was dreadful.......outside was well done, but holy moly I couldn’t discuss a single scene with you as I have no clue now! Not a favourite........

Yeah at this point the smell is the only thing I remember.

Love your Barney pic too........ :rotfl:

The scariest area at HHN :rotfl:

But sounds like you both had a wonderful evening.......and glad you got your dad a pint glass of one kind.......hope you got the one you wanted!

I'll spoil a little tidbit from later, but I did find it for him! It just took until the following weekend. And they were almost sold out again! This time I bought it as soon as I saw it. So I got to keep the Ghostbusters one.

Love your pictures and look forward to reading more.......pictures of you and Samantha are lovely!!

Thank you!

Sounds like a great day all around! Love the pics with Abominable!

It was! He's so cute :rotfl:

And a fun night at HHN! Though the rain sounds like it was annoying!

Luckily, that was the only day it rained hard while we were in the parks, but it was miserable.

It was an awkward ride. Somehow we got on the topic of when I was in Orlando last and I mentioned I had been going to Disney with my friend (and he picked me up just now knowing I was headed to Universal)...to which his response was "I mean c'mon don't you think you're a little too old for Disney?" Common sense would dictate that the person who just said they recently went to Disney doesn't think they're a little too old for it. :sad2: He tried to backpedal a bit at first, and tell me the 90's classics were great (we were about the same age), but then he was mostly silent.

:confused3 :confused3 not sure what he was going for there.

But we did have a great view out the window!

Oo gorgeous!

The wait was 45 minutes, and we passed the time playing Head's Up. (Though a drunken lady did try to insert herself into our game).

I hate when people do that lol. It's one thing if maybe you were talking to them already but most of the time it's just drunk and not helpful lol.

and the part where you first see the cotton candy cocoons because in the movie the girl goes "that's not how they store cotton candy", so we call it the "improperly stored cotton candy" scene.

:rotfl::rotfl:

The zombies blended in with the crowd most nights, but not in a scary way (like you didn't expect them and they scared you), but in a way where I'd be walking next to someone for like 5 minutes unable to tell if they were part of the show, and they'd never do anything.

Weird.

Also we had annoying people in front of us again, this time teen boys who flipped all the scare actors off (but only if they saw they weren't actually going to pop out). They might've been overcompensating because they were scared and around friends, but I found it really rude and annoying.

Ugh I feel like such an old person lol but I hate when kids feel the need to act like this.

:confused3 :confused3 not sure what he was going for there.

I don't know either. Was he hoping despite being on my way to a theme park I'd be like "You know what sir you're right, I am too old for this!"

I hate when people do that lol. It's one thing if maybe you were talking to them already but most of the time it's just drunk and not helpful lol.

Yes! And she was yelling clues that weren't right :rotfl:

Ugh I feel like such an old person lol but I hate when kids feel the need to act like this.

Same :rotfl: I feel like I'm an old person now because I can't put up with the antics of teens anymore.

Happy to have found another one of your TR's!

I was headed to Universal)...to which his response was "I mean c'mon don't you think you're a little too old for Disney?"

It's pretty shocking actually that a guy driving an Uber in Orlando would say something like this. There are SO MANY adults who love Disney and to say something like that to someone you don't know? Not sure what he was thinking. Keep those thoughts to yourself if you want a tip lol

Happy to have found another one of your TR's!

Happy to have you along!

It's pretty shocking actually that a guy driving an Uber in Orlando would say something like this. There are SO MANY adults who love Disney and to say something like that to someone you don't know? Not sure what he was thinking. Keep those thoughts to yourself if you want a tip lol

That's what I thought! I imagine a lot of people you'd pick up at the airport are going to a theme park of some kind. And he already knew I was headed to Universal, had a suitcase with Mickey on it, and I had said last time I was there I was at Disney...

Trolley Rides, Mushy Straws, & Abominations
September 15th, Part 1

And we were off!
To Islands of Adventure!
We were really full from brunch.

The Kitchen Acoustic Brunch at The Hard Rock Review

So we decided to start with some slower rides in Seuss Landing:

We rode Cat in the Hat (which looks like a weird fever dream especially the older it gets and the less things work), and then the High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Ride. We got the alphabet side, although I prefer the story of the Star Bellied Sneeches since it was always one of my favorites as a kid.

Next we walked through the Lost Continent.

We stopped for a Frozen Butterbeer in the Wizarding World:

IMG_1331.jpeg

Paper straws and Butterbeer work terribly together btw.

We couldn't really get anything in the straws and then they turned to mush :rotfl:

B9F1498F-D0AA-4F37-8969-CD2638EBF099.jpeg

We had talked about getting on Hagrid's this day, but the line seemed so long in the heat and we couldn't tell whether it was actually up and running or not when we walked by so we decided to skip it, and go cool down in the Jurassic Park Discovery Center.

Where we made these horrifying abominations:

IMG_1305.jpeg

I looked to the side at literally the last second when I thought the sensor was done, but nope here's some serious side eye on my dinosaur.

Samantha's looks like a puppet from The Dark Crystal:

IMG_1308.jpeg

That quote seems pretty spot on for what's happening here...

Afterwards we rode Jurassic Park River Adventure, and ended up in the front row. Samantha convinced me the water would probably miss us entirely, but instead we both came off throughly soaked. I even made a special note that I got sprayed extra in the side from one of those things on the side of the boat before any drops, and it was very unpleasant. :rotfl: We even paid for one of those dryer things despite the heat to dry off a little.

To our disappointment Reign of Kong was down. This was one of the new rides at IOA since Samantha last came, and she'd really been wanting to ride it. It did also briefly rain, but we ducked into a restaurant in Toon Lagoon until it ended.

Our final stop was Marvel Superhero Island:

IMG_1315.jpeg

Finally we rode Spiderman which is my favorite ride at IOA.

Next Up
We go to HHN for night #3

Last edited:
Love your pictures again! And shame Kong was down and Samantha didn’t get to ride it!

I‘m with you with the whole paper straws......they are completely useless......I hate them with a passion........

Looking forward to more of your day......

Love your pictures again! And shame Kong was down and Samantha didn’t get to ride it!

I‘m with you with the whole paper straws......they are completely useless......I hate them with a passion........

Looking forward to more of your day......

Thank you! It was a shame, I know she really wanted to try it and I usually don’t bother to go on it without Express.

They are everywhere now! I hate drinking out of them :crazy2:

Sounds like a fun time at IOA! Too bad the ride was down, though. Oh my gosh, they have dryers you can pay for?! I didn't know that! :laughing:

Loved the paper straw commentary. I've heard of a lot of people bringing their own reusable hard plastic straws and I guess I understand that appeal after experiencing my own two sips before inhaling paper mush :laughing::scratchin

Sounds like a fun time at IOA! Too bad the ride was down, though. Oh my gosh, they have dryers you can pay for?! I didn't know that! :laughing:

Loved the paper straw commentary. I've heard of a lot of people bringing their own reusable hard plastic straws and I guess I understand that appeal after experiencing my own two sips before inhaling paper mush :laughing::scratchin

It was! Yeah, in a lot of places water rides have them at the exits. (I don’t think I’ve ever seen them at Disney, but Universal and Six Flags have them). They’re a little pricey, but we were soaked.

I’ve started to hear that too about people bringing their own straws. It was fine to me when it was only in certain places, but it’s hard when it’s everywhere. I don’t like the texture, and I don’t find I drink fast enough to keep the straws intact for as long as I need.

I'm late on this but: BAWAHAHAHAH Barney! I used to have a screen saver where I blew him up, shot him, and generally killed him in any way possible!

I'm late on this but: BAWAHAHAHAH Barney! I used to have a screen saver where I blew him up, shot him, and generally killed him in any way possible!

Was there an online game too? :rotfl: I remember seeing a relative play it but it was before we even had a computer.

Was there an online game too? :rotfl: I remember seeing a relative play it but it was before we even had a computer.
I think I remember a game too. Mine was a screensaver -- and it was back when I was in law school... so... something like 23+ years ago... (HOW AM I THAT OLD!?!?!)

Yeah, in a lot of places water rides have them at the exits. (I don’t think I’ve ever seen them at Disney, but Universal and Six Flags have them). They’re a little pricey, but we were soaked.
I think they need these at Disney for when it rains :rotfl:

I’ve started to hear that too about people bringing their own straws. It was fine to me when it was only in certain places, but it’s hard when it’s everywhere. I don’t like the texture, and I don’t find I drink fast enough to keep the straws intact for as long as I need.
Agreed! Mine would turn to mush pretty fast since I don't like to just pound my beverages :laughing:

Love the vlog! I know I've said it before but I just LOVE the intro you did a while back - it's SO good! :goodvibes

I think they need these at Disney for when it rains :rotfl:

That’s true!

Love the vlog! I know I've said it before but I just LOVE the intro you did a while back - it's SO good! :goodvibes

Thank you! I was happy with how the intro turned out. I felt it needed something but didn’t want to make it too long so I went through a lot of footage to choose.

Real Life Update

Since I don't have a PTR going right now I thought I'd make a little post with some pictures I've taken since our last trip.

Most importantly....Halloween decorations!

IMG_3710.jpeg

IMG_3926.jpeg

IMG_3705.jpeg

IMG_3699.jpeg

IMG_3679.jpeg

I've still been marathoning Supernatural (I'm up to season 13) along with watching the new episodes. (The newest episode was so sad :sad:).

My dad's birthday was a couple weeks ago:

IMG_3658.jpeg
(He likes to conduct when we sing the birthday song :rotfl:).

I haven't started a new PTR yet because I'm still deciding where to go for our next trip. So I've decided to start it in Jan when I get my time off approved. Our first trip will probably be in April, and I was thinking of going back to California.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!