"What Is This, a Crossover Episode?"-HHN 29, Universal, & A Little Disney (Sep 2019)-Completed 1/6-New PTR Link

I also felt similar about Anarcade. HHN is soooo much fun and your RPR view is amazing

I’m not sure. I know most major cities have them, but since we’re from NY I feel like maybe that’s why we have quite a few. Locally, we have tons and I’ve been too quite a few of them. None stack up to HHN but several are really good or have won state wide awards. Not sure about Arkansas, but I’m not sure Samantha was too interested in them in the past. But HHN won her over! She’s made a few for her son’s school, but she’d never been through one she hadn’t made.

There’s a local one where they can touch you, but I don’t really like that. We went once, and I much prefer the ones where they can’t. :rotfl: HHN is amazing! If you like local haunts HHN is even more immersive, super detailed, and they have licensing to do IP properties in a way local haunts usually can’t.

Yeah I definitely don't like the ones when they can touch you! haha I will have to get to HHN at some point, hopefully they bring back the Stranger Things house!

I also felt similar about Anarcade. HHN is soooo much fun and your RPR view is amazing

It is! And yes we got a really good view this time!

Yeah I definitely don't like the ones when they can touch you! haha I will have to get to HHN at some point, hopefully they bring back the Stranger Things house!

Yeah you should try it! Maybe after season 4 they'll bring it back again? I wasn't the biggest fan of the Stranger Things house this year. I kind of wish they'd saved 3 for another year instead of trying to cram it into this one.

If that's not spooky enough HHN day for us this year was also Friday the 13th, the blood moon, the 50th anniversary of Scooby Doo, and the 15th anniversary of Supernatural!
:scared1:

"I mean c'mon don't you think you're a little too old for Disney?"
:sad2: Why on earth would that guy say that knowing full well you like Disney? People confuse me.

Great start to your trip! :thumbsup2

Although I may never go to HHN, I enjoy your trip reports, especially your Supernatural references (just started watching with my teenager who made me buy him a jacket and necklace so he can be Dean for Halloween).

:sad2: Why on earth would that guy say that knowing full well you like Disney? People confuse me.

I have no idea :sad2: I like to think as a driver in the Orlando area where most people you pick up are going to theme parks you wouldn't say anything like that unless the passenger brought up not liking the parks first.

Although I may never go to HHN, I enjoy your trip reports, especially your Supernatural references (just started watching with my teenager who made me buy him a jacket and necklace so he can be Dean for Halloween).

Thanks for following along! :laughing: I love it! I started watching 10 years ago, but I'm currently doing my first full rewatch since I started (I got into it while the 5th season was airing and binged everything up till then). It really hit me when they announced the last season that it's actually ending, (I guess after it being on for so long it seems kind of unbelievable that it's actually ending). And I felt like by watching them weekly I didn't remember so much of what happened post season 5. (At the time I remember feeling like a lot of the storylines after that were a bit of a letdown, and maybe that's why. But rewatching it I've only found an episode here or there I didn't like). I'm just finishing season 8 now.

Raising the Roof on the Party Boat
September 13th, Part 2

We were headed back towards the front, and we walked through Hellbilly Deluxe next. We both ended up liking this a lot better than we thought we would. I do like Rob Zombie's music (especially from the Hellbilly Deluxe CD), but this scare zone had still been near the bottom of my list before going. I had no idea that there would be so many crazy creations, props, and little stage shows in this section. We ended up really enjoying it every time we walked through. There was a lot of scare actors that looked like regular people, but there was also this guy with the laser eyes:

IMG_0991.jpeg

Dragula (which apparently, is a car):

IMG_0979.jpeg

And this Rob Zombie throne:

IMG_0977.jpeg

As we walked back up we also went through Zombieland, but there wasn't much going on here. The zombies blended in with the crowd most nights, but not in a scary way (like you didn't expect them and they scared you), but in a way where I'd be walking next to someone for like 5 minutes unable to tell if they were part of the show, and they'd never do anything. There were no little shows going on at the time we went through either.

So we headed into the Tribute Store which was packed with wall to wall people.

IMG_0888.jpeg

Everything was amazing, and there were so many photo ops, but it was so crowded we basically got stuck in a line going through. We decided anything we needed to buy we’d get on the way out to avoid the crowds.

Ghostbusters room:

IMG_9337.jpeg

Stranger Things room:

IMG_0912.jpeg

At some point we walked through Vanity Ball and Vikings Undead. Vikings Undead was our other favorite scare zone. I liked the creepy sound effects of the guy who was eating a person, and we also saw a tree guy (we called him Groot) that I never saw again any of the other nights! (But I don't have a picture because all the ones we took came out blurry).

IMG_0952.jpeg

Vanity Ball didn't have as much going on this night as it would have other nights we went so I don't have any pictures. Because we hadn't seen much of it we weren't sure how we felt about it yet.

Most of this night was just spent walking around and taking it all in because we'd be back the next 2 nights, and didn't have EP. The waits were long this night (like longer than any other night I went), so we decided what could we do, but try some s'mores fries?

HHN Snacks Review (Nights 1, 2, & 3)

Our second and last house of the night was Graveyard Games which was about a 40 minute wait. It was really fun, and we liked it a lot.

IMG_0959.jpeg

I didn't expect the room full of creepy kid ghosts though.

On the way out we saw that the Killer Klowns were out so we had to get a picture!

IMG_0988.jpeg

I also grabbed the Klownzilla tee, and the Killer Klown's glass on the way out.

On the way back we had quite the party boat. Our driver played "Uptown Funk", the Scooby Doo theme (in honor of Scooby's 50th), and the Ghostbusters theme.

Since we were both going on 20+ hours awake I don't think we lasted long after we got to the room

Next Up
Our day at Universal Studios!

Last edited:
I'm here!!! And read to read all about the fun!

I also grabbed the Klownzilla tee, and the Killer Klown's glass on the way out. (You'll see the shirt in an upcoming post, but here's a picture of the 2 glasses I ended up with below).

VfuN69xl.jpg
I love these!!! They remind me of the cups you used to be able to get at McDonalds!

Sounds like the rest of your night was a lot of fun!!

Yes it was a fun time!

Having such a great time following along on your TR! I love all your photos and commentary :D

Maria :upsidedow

Thanks for following along! :wave2:

I'm here!!! And read to read all about the fun!
I love these!!! They remind me of the cups you used to be able to get at McDonalds!

Hi! :laughing: Yes! I think I remember those!

"Run From the Blueberries"
September 14th, Part 1

We decided to sleep in this morning, and while we were getting ready @xlsm accidentally put on the channel that plays Universal show/movie commercials in a loop. It was not a very long loop, so we kept hearing the commercial for Abominable, which is where the title of the post comes from. :rotfl:

We stopped to eat before heading to the parks.

Cowfish & Voodoo Doughnut Review

IMG_1036.jpeg

We had arrived just in time to do the Horror Makeup Show. Samantha had never seen it before, and it's been over a year since I've seen it.

I love the history of HHN display (and the other movie displays) in the lobby:

IMG_1040.jpeg

But we had gotten there just as it was starting so there wasn't much time to look around. We had quite an amusing volunteer for this show. She seemed appropriately unsure of what was happening, but also made some jokes of her own. I always like this show, and Samantha thought it was really funny too.

IMG_1041.jpeg

Because we now knew all about running from the blueberries when we saw our friend out and about we had to take some pictures:

166C8A6E-503D-4394-9782-F25EFA117E46.jpeg
Next I took Samantha on ET, which is not one we get on a lot. Samantha thinks ET is super creepy, and I've got to say I agree.

(I was never too fond of him as a child, and my brother had a Furby like ET doll that talked to you and it was creepy).

(It looked like this).

But she bravely put her fear aside to ride through his terrifying world, and at the end we were treated to ET saying her name in a demon voice, and then terribly butchering my name.

Next we went over to MIB, where I won the round, although I'm out of practice, I was disappointed I didn't get to go on it with Josh this trip. We meant to but we never made it over there.

IMG_1056.jpeg

After that we rode Gringotts and wandered around Diagon Alley a bit. It was a very hot day, so we figured we'd do a little bit more then head back to the room soon to get ready for dinner and HHN.

On the way out I did take Samantha on Fast and Furious to show her how bad it was :rotfl: Although I think the joke's on me because that means I've ridden F&F twice (which is one more time than anyone needs to). As others have said she told me after that "I thought it was just getting started and then it was over" & "why were those people at the party 2D?" So she has the same feelings as everyone else who's ridden.

Back in the room we got ready for dinner at Vivo:

IMG_0784.jpeg

Vivo Italian Kitchen Review

Next Up
HHN night 2

Last edited:
Wonderful update!!

We never got that doughnut.......hope it was nice. And Vivo......nothing like getting into trouble for being late!!!! It does serve good food though....

Make up show is a lot of fun! And yes, get the right person on stage and it works even better......and yes humidity was a challenge this trip!!

Always enjoy your pictures too....... :thumbsup2

Wonderful update!!

We never got that doughnut.......hope it was nice. And Vivo......nothing like getting into trouble for being late!!!! It does serve good food though....

Make up show is a lot of fun! And yes, get the right person on stage and it works even better......and yes humidity was a challenge this trip!!

Always enjoy your pictures too....... :thumbsup2

Thank you!

Yes! We really liked the vampire one the, the filling was good. :laughing: Yupp good food and a lecture.

Usually we’ve gotten people that seem very confused, because I think they try to pick people who haven’t seen the show before. But this time we had someone who was a nice mix of surprised, but willing to go with it. Our first few days were awful hot and humid, but the last half of the week was beautiful. I’ve never had such nice weather in Sep before.

House of 1000 Pomeranians
September 14th, Part 2

So tonight was a very special night because we had Express Pass! (Although the waits ended up being pretty low this night so I almost wished we had bought it for Friday instead).

We decided to do the houses in order, so we started with Ghostbusters when we came in. We loved Ghostbusters! It was just like the movie. My favorite parts were the lady in the library and Slimer, but the following weekend when we went through I noticed even more effects and characters that I didn't see this weekend.

Next we went in Yeti which was nicely cool after standing outside in the heat, and I thought it was one of the scariest ones this year, and it was very detailed.
But the scariest one for us this year was Us! I've read and seen reviews from a lot of people saying that you had to walk through the house at exactly the right time to hit the scares, so sometimes you missed a lot, but I'd have to say pretty much all the run throughs we had in this house were good. I did notice some more characters and scenes the following weekend, but I think we were so terrified in this one that we were glad to miss a few scares :rotfl:

I had really liked the movie in theaters, but something about it terrified me. It made me jumpy for like a week afterwards and the house made me feel the same way!

Between the soundtrack music (which I love but it creeps me out), to the sound effects for their voices, and especially the last room where you didn't know which ones were mannequins and which were real people we thought the house was really good at keeping you on edge the whole time, and quite scary.

Our longest EP line in the area was probably for Stranger Things. Stranger Things didn't really have any scares in it, and it was cool to look around in but ultimately disappointing. I loved seasons 2 and 3 of Stranger Things, and was excited because I felt like there would be a lot of cool Stranger Things stuff going on at the event. I was disappointed with the Starcourt Mall Food Court which didn't even have the things that made it the unique in the show (like Hot Dog on a Stick and Scoops Ahoy), but the house disappointed me too. I felt like it left out major things, had a lot less scare actors and more static sets, and there weren't really any scares. The big Mindflayer was cool, but it definitely ranked near the bottom of my list this year.

There still wasn't much going on in Zombieland, so we headed into the Tribute Store again.

In the Upside Down:

IMG_1214.jpeg

In the last room I wanted to get my dad the Universal Monsters pint glass that I'd seen the day before, but when I asked they told me they had sold out (although they couldn't really tell me if it was sold out in every store but that seemed to be what they were implying). I was determined to find it though so this was not the end of my search!

While we were in the Tribute Store I decided to get one of the custom screen printed tees for Josh:

IMG_1124.jpeg

He loves boxing and we both like the Killer Klowns so I thought this would be perfect! They can drop them off to your hotel, but it was easier for me to just take it then.

Back into Hellbilly Deluxe:

IMG_1151.jpeg

This night we saw the stage show for the song "Living Dead Girl". This was my favorite little show in the area, and I really liked the costumes. Sadly, I don't think we caught it on any of the other nights, but it was a lot of fun.
And so was this guy!

IMG_1215.jpeg

Not sure what he's supposed to be, but he always had so much energy, and was dancing around.

Next up was House of 1000 Corpses:

IMG_1176.jpeg

This is the only one out of all the houses and scare zones I hadn't seen the movie for, but I had watched some of the key scenes on Youtube, and I felt like that was enough to know what was going on. Samantha watched them too and we thought it was funny the movie had actors like Rainn Wilson and Chris Hardwick who would go on to be much more famous afterwards (but are both friends of Rob Zombie's, I believe).

Before watching the scenes I'd assumed the movie would be gross (since it was done in a Texas Chainsaw style), but I found it more to be entertaining but just not my thing, so I was unsure how I'd feel about the house.

But I actually really liked the house. I think maybe because it just cut the key scenes together, and it was just a lot of fun. One character in the movie has a really annoying laugh, and when we heard it in the house we started laughing, and it just ended up being one we had a lot of fun in. I also swore to Samantha that in one area of the house there was a picture of a Pomeranian (I grew up in a houseful of Pomeranians, and I swore my mother had the same print), but she didn't see it.

(It looked like this :rotfl:).

I won't spoil the mystery of if I really saw it or not yet so you'll have to wait and see if I ever get validation that there was a picture of a Pomeranian on the wall.

Next up we did Depths of Fear, although I apparently didn't get any pictures of the facade. We had a really annoying couple in front of us where the guy was literally wrapped around his girlfriend's waist and she was holding onto him in such a way that I was afraid they'd fall backwards onto me because she kept leaping around and almost tripping him. The monsters were kind of creepy, but reminded me mostly of angler fish.

(Sorry for this large and terrifying fish).

Then we went into Nightingales.

I thought the facade was cool, and I liked the lion puppets in part of the house, but that's about the only nice things I have to say about this house. It was definitely bottom of my list. Whatever scent they pumped through the house (and I know they're trying for realism and the setting was gross) made me want to throw up. I could barely stand it for the duration of the house, and I don't remember anything particularly cool or fearsome in the house either. This idea had sounded pretty cool in theory, but I thought they didn't execute it well.

And I know there was a previous Nightingales house that people have fond memories of, but I'd never been through that one so maybe there was something I was missing? I've seen people since praise this house a lot on Twitter, but I don't really see where any improvements could be made since I didn't think the house was scary or even executed a story well.

Also we had annoying people in front of us again, this time teen boys who flipped all the scare actors off (but only if they saw they weren't actually going to pop out). They might've been overcompensating because they were scared and around friends, but I found it really rude and annoying.

We stopped briefly for a Twisted Tater which I talked about in this post:

HHN Snacks Review (Nights 1, 2, 3)

The last house we decided to do because we had already walked a lot, was Universal Monsters. We'd done Graveyard Games the night before, and though I liked it; we didn't want to walk to both queues that night so we went with the one we hadn't done.
Of course right as we got up close it started raining on us, though it wasn't too bad before we got in the house.

IMG_1198.jpeg

I'm not sure if the rain contributed to this , but we didn't have the best run through in Universal Monsters. It felt like we missed most the scares. But I did like the Dracula part and the Creature From the Black Lagoon, and I know this was the one Samantha wanted to see the most so I was glad we'd finally made it there.

Of course when we came out it was absolutely pouring. I had a poncho, but it was under everything in my bag (which was packed tightly because it was small and I had a change of shoes in there), and we were already soaked so I didn't bother. It was a long walk back, and it poured the whole time so we were drenched when we got out to Kid Zone. (And that Klownzilla shirt could really hold water :rotfl:). We waited out the rain under an overhang in the area, and I dried off best I could using my shirt from dinner as a towel.

Because of the rain there weren't any scare actors in Vikings Undead or Vanity Ball.

The last thing we did was go through the Killer Klowns house again, and grab one of the Ghostbusters pint glasses. (I figured if I didn't find the Universal Monsters one I could give that one to my dad, and if I did I'd get to keep it). But HHN was over for the night, and it was time for us to go dry off.

Next Up
Our day at Islands of Adventure

Last edited:
I loved reading this review Raeven! So many similarities........yes, ST was a bit of a disappointment........they could have done it so much better!

Couples going through houses with one clinging on to the other in a weird way is a pet peeve of mine too!! I almost tripped over a mans feet as he wrapped himself around his partners waist but then bent over so his face was in his lower back and his *** was protruding out towards us!!!! If you don’t want to see the stuff in the houses....don’t go in the house!!!!

House of 1000 corpses, like you I knew not much about it, and it was a revelation........I thought it was good too and I wish I remembered seeing the picture of the Pomeranian........but, now I kind of don’t remember a lot about it apart from liking it.

Ghostbusters and Yeti were two of the best houses. Yeti was visually excellent and yes, US was dependent on timing for a lot of it. It was creepy!!!!

Loved loved loved the living dead girl.......and yes, didn’t know what that guy was all about in that zone.....but he was fun to dance with!!!

Have to admit, I barely remember Nightingales......yes, the smell was dreadful.......outside was well done, but holy moly I couldn’t discuss a single scene with you as I have no clue now! Not a favourite........

Love your Barney pic too........ :rotfl:

It’s a shame the rain was so bad, and SA were gone. I agree.....being drenched does affect your mood slightly......lol.......and yes, if you miss the scares in a house it can affect how you feel about it!

But sounds like you both had a wonderful evening.......and glad you got your dad a pint glass of one kind.......hope you got the one you wanted!

Love your pictures and look forward to reading more.......pictures of you and Samantha are lovely!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!