What is the shortest reasonable time to spend at WDW for a 12 hour drive?

I'd totally do it...but I'm all about the adventure and any excuse for a Disney trip! :)

We were just in Disney in November, but I feel like we didn't get much park time in that trip. We had two park days, then a 3 night/4 day cruise, then 3.5 more park days. There was a lot we missed and we are EXPERTS at touring.

Since we have APs for the five of us (2 adults and 3 kids) I decided to look into a quick return trip, but one we can do on the cheap. We have a DVC membership, which means the room is free for us. I'm even going to resist making ADRs so we can maximize park time.

Our plan is to drive down from MD after the kids get out around 1pm on a Thursday. Hope to make it to southern Georgia at least that night and stopping for a hotel for one night. That way we can wake up the next morning and do the short drive to the parks. We'll stay Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday and then drive back home Tuesday. The only day of school the kids will miss will be Friday...and even that is an early dismissal day for them so they aren't missing a full school day.

Not sure how late we'll be back on Tuesday, but plan to have the kids back in school and we will go to work that Wednesday. We can always catch up on sleep later in the week! :thumbsup2

I'm actually really looking forward to this crazy long weekend trip even with the long drive. After all, it's worth it to ME at least for a few more days in Disney!!! :)

We did it! We are back and the boy went to school today and we are tired but it was a blast! So glad we went. We did so much in our 2.5 days, and it was totally worth it! We will definitely do it again. Not as much of a big deal as I thought it would be to drive. My son thankfully was an excellent traveler. It was one of the best trips we've ever taken.

We played car games for the first few hours, stopped for dinner, then partner and son watched a movie (I listened) then a quick stop for him to change to jammies and brush teeth, fill up with gas, hit the road for another few hours - I listened to Chronicles of Narnia Radio Drama in 1 earbud so I could still hear road sounds while partner napped, then partner took over for the last few hours. It was really actually very easy.

I recommend it!!

We've made a twelve hour drive overnight, gone to MK the next day (starting about noon), stayed one night in a resort, and driven home the next day. It's not something that I'd want to do with regularity, but it was a blast.

We did it! We are back and the boy went to school today and we are tired but it was a blast! So glad we went. We did so much in our 2.5 days, and it was totally worth it! We will definitely do it again. Not as much of a big deal as I thought it would be to drive. My son thankfully was an excellent traveler. It was one of the best trips we've ever taken.

We played car games for the first few hours, stopped for dinner, then partner and son watched a movie (I listened) then a quick stop for him to change to jammies and brush teeth, fill up with gas, hit the road for another few hours - I listened to Chronicles of Narnia Radio Drama in 1 earbud so I could still hear road sounds while partner napped, then partner took over for the last few hours. It was really actually very easy.

I recommend it!!

Good for you! I bet you will have special memories this trip. You are obviously an adventurous spirit!
THanks for checking back in.

Only two more days for us!

I recommend it!!

:thumbsup2 AWESOME! Sounds like a great whirlwind trip. Glad it worked out so well and you were able to get a lot done in a short time!

We leave in less than 48 hours for our long weekend trip. I cannot WAIT!! :cheer2:

And here I was debating about my upcoming birthday weekend trip, and we're flying! I too am in va and about 15 hour drive. Found out frontier airlines now flies to Orlando twice a week, for $108.00 round trip!! We usually do the annual wdw trip and stay 8 days, but after busting my butt at my job the past few months, I decided I deserved to treat myself got my 45th bday! Was able to talk my 17 yr old daughter with me, and it's going to be whirlwind literally. Leaving Friday night at 5:30, spend all day Saturday in parks, back yo airport at 7 am Sunday. I know it's crazy to some, but what a better way for a dis fanatic to spend their birthday??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter