What is the new cars attraction opening 3/31 at HS? Edit: Review added

I believe I've read where it's like Turtle Talk With Crush except with Cars characters.

I think it is kinda like that, but with some animatronics involved too, at least so I've gathered (animatronics in this case may refer to a physical car that basically spins it's wheels). I am curious to see more about it.

Lightning McQueen Racing Academy. From videos, etc, it looks similar to Turtle Talk, but with an anamtronic Lightning McQueen in the middle of the room and his friends on the screen. Supposedly, there will be M&Gs after as well. It looks like it should be fun.

I don't see a Fastpass for it. I'll be there when it opens and we've only selected 2 Fastpasses for our Hollywood Studios day. Am I missing something? I actually never heard of this attraction until opening this thread.

I haven't seen anything about FPs for that attraction. Maybe in the future?

I don't see a Fastpass for it. I'll be there when it opens and we've only selected 2 Fastpasses for our Hollywood Studios day. Am I missing something? I actually never heard of this attraction until opening this thread.

I'm not sure if I read this somewhere, or if I'm mixing up information with SWGE. I don't believe the necessarily do FPs when a ride first opens....keeps it fair? Did Pandora have FP when it first opened?

I'm not sure if I read this somewhere, or if I'm mixing up information with SWGE. I don't believe the necessarily do FPs when a ride first opens....keeps it fair? Did Pandora have FP when it first opened?
no, that's not true, the only attraction that is opening with fp capability but without fp is Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run
All other attractions and shows that have had fp installed have opened with fp from day one

no, that's not true, the only attraction that is opening with fp capability but without fp is Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run
All other attractions and shows that have had fp installed have opened with fp from day one

As I said, I was mixing up the information I read about SWGE with all new attractions. Thanks for the info.

Just got back from DHS where i had the chance to live stream this new show.
The specifics:
Sunset Showcase is located behind RnRC, the entire back area has been transformed with a lot of McQueen touches, a DJ car playing music, Cruz Ramirez meet and greet and dancers who come out ever so often to dance and play games with the kids
The show is about 10 minutes long, the theater fits around 250 people, the show runs continuously from park opening to park closing, meaning you will probably never have to wait more than 15 mins to see it
The show is cute, great for Cars fans, kids that might be to small for RnRC or ToT and want to do something while they wait. There are rows of benches (no backs)
It is basically a story with McQueen animatronic, do not expect anything that will wow you.
There are restrooms right outside the theater, a snack area with drinks and chips and of course a Cars merchandise cart

Just got back from DHS where i had the chance to live stream this new show.
The specifics:
Sunset Showcase is located behind RnRC, the entire back area has been transformed with a lot of McQueen touches, a DJ car playing music, Cruz Ramirez meet and greet and dancers who come out ever so often to dance and play games with the kids
The show is about 10 minutes long, the theater fits around 250 people, the show runs continuously from park opening to park closing, meaning you will probably never have to wait more than 15 mins to see it
The show is cute, great for Cars fans, kids that might be to small for RnRC or ToT and want to do something while they wait. There are rows of benches (no backs)
It is basically a story with McQueen animatronic, do not expect anything that will wow you.
There are restrooms right outside the theater, a snack area with drinks and chips and of course a Cars merchandise cart
Thanks for the info, happy there are seats. I really appreciate the placement of this new attraction with a little one that loves Cars and a thrill ride loving 12 year old :thumbsup2

Just watched a video of the show. While it may not wow us, the animatronic of McQueen looks really good. The show just looks like fun. a must do for our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter