What is the latest you can book a cruise?

graygables

<font color=blue>Doesn't like to discuss the Y2K P
If you happen to be there and get the "hankerin'" (and they have space) AND would it be grossly expensive or would they be wanting to fill the otherwise empty cabin?

Just curious... :rolleyes1

well, if you go to disneycruise.com, you can still book for a 7 day western, leaving this Saturday! Not sure how much more expensive it is now than, let's say, a year ago.

Or are you talking about showing up at the port the day of departure?

I booked on Wednesday for a Saturday sailing--a little less than 72 hours in advance.

As to price, it depends on what is available. We were off season, so there were great prices available. DCL wants to fill the ship--if you are picky about what category, cabin, etc. they will be happy to charge you for this. If your goal is to be on the ship, there may be bargains available. It really depends on the dates.

You can never tell when there will be last minute cancellations....and an occupied cabin is better for them than an empty one! They just need time for the security clearance and to print the documents.

I'm an interliner, which means I work in the travel industry and am offered special deals. :cheer2: DCL has never offered interline rates until a few weeks ago (at least I never remember seeing any before - and I probably would have noticed). This week they're offering unbelievably low rates for interliners, so it seems that they're needing to fill up the boats more. If I were you I would call DCL and ask the last booking time they would consider. You never know for sure until you ask! :wizard:

typically the cut off is 48-72 hours before the cruise, so they still have time to submit the passenger list to Homeland Security for clearance.

GracieA7 said:
I'm an interliner, which means I work in the travel industry and am offered special deals. :cheer2: DCL has never offered interline rates until a few weeks ago (at least I never remember seeing any before - and I probably would have noticed). This week they're offering unbelievably low rates for interliners, so it seems that they're needing to fill up the boats more. If I were you I would call DCL and ask the last booking time they would consider. You never know for sure until you ask! :wizard:

So are you saying that DCL will give an interline rate if we call, or that we still have to go through a travel agent for a last minute (48hr) booking? In your experience, how far out is the low rate being quoted (48hrs, 2 weeks, etc...?)

I got an interline rate a year and a half ago through an interline TA. I booked about 3 months in advance for a Jan. 4 day.

Jackie :sunny:

What is an interline rate?
Is this only for TAs for is it available to regular folks too?
DJ

AN inerliner is someone who works in the travel industry...Travel agents, airline employees, some are FEDEX employees, and others...In Canada we nee an IATA card to be able to qualify for the rates..

BTW...I have paid interline rates for 2 of 3 of our cruises..Only because the Canadian rate was cheaper for the 3rd one..They don't always advertise them, and YES, you can book directly with DCL now..This started approximately 2 years ago..They do ask for your ID at check-in..HTH...

:goodvibes

I'm an interliner, but when I called Disney, they said that the specific company that I work for is not eligible for their interline rates...Bummer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter