What is the fastpass + at MK

MSUmom

MSU mom
I have read the blurbs about fastpass+ and seen the pictures of the new machines. But I still can't figure out what exactly it is and if it is open to everyone. In the test runs - choosen people where able to pick their own fast pass times. Is this available for everyone now at MK?!? :confused3 I am sooo confused.

I have read the blurbs about fastpass+ and seen the pictures of the new machines. But

1- I still can't figure out what exactly it is and
2- if it is open to everyone.
3- In the test runs - choosen people where able to pick their own fast pass times.

4- Is this available for everyone now at MK?!? :confused3 I am sooo confused.

1- Nobody knows.
2- Nobody knows for exactly whom it will eventually be open.
3- Sorta.
4- Nope. Far from it. It is still in testing phase. (At MK and at DHS in the foreseeable period.)

Well at least I am not the only one who doesn't know anything. It is nice to have company.:rolleyes1

Next week, select guests using DME are being allowed to test the FP+ system at MK an DHS. Our reservation was selected and loaded into a website where we were able to pick 3 attractions from DHS and 4 from MK. We were given cards that we will use that have the information on them. You are given option schedules to begin with that have the attractions you've chosen already assigned. While I didn't do it (the given times worked out for us), you can alter the times after that. Granted, this is just a test and I didn't see that switching times was exactly easy or user friendly, but others were able to do them easily. I will give my input on that to them, if they ask me.

As far as I've read, the system will work typically like how the tests are working. Maybe they will change it altogether. Who knows.

The real question is, who will actually be able to use the service? Resort guests? Any guest who wants to pay a fee? A combo of both? Disney hasn't said anything of the sort.. maybe they are waiting to see how tests go. Is this a perk that I would pay extra for? I don't know. I don't like planning my day down to the minute like that. I like to pick my parks and just kind of go. Might this change how us frequent visitors tour the parks (like some of us have it down to a science)? Maybe. Will this alter the regular FP system, by removing certain amounts of FPs at the given times when a FP+ guest has chosen them? SO MANY QUESTIONS.

Even those who have a slight bit of insight in it are still clueless... so don't feel bad!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter