What is the Disney smell you love most?

:)The smell outside the BWVs to me is one of hot dogs, cotton candy, etc. and is just like a carnival. Also like the scent at BC/BCVs lobby. If you want to carry it into your home just go to Bath & Body Works and get Rain Kissed Leaves, takes you right back!

I asked my husband what the water smell was because he is a pool operator and works with the chemicals. Chlorine has a very distinct smell, but what they are actually using is bromine. So when you get that "water" smell from a fountain of some of our favorite rides, it is actually bromine.

Just a little info... :thumbsup2

Ask your husband if it is safe to have a big bowl of bromine water on my kitchen counter. :thumbsup2

my two favorite smells in all of disney are: the disney "water smell" and the smell of the monorail. i think it's so funny because at random points every once in a while my family will stop and say "do you smell that?!?... it smells like disney!!!!" most people just look at us like we are crazy but we love it everytime it happens.

One of my favorite smells that reminds me of Disney is actually a candle I bought in DHS a few years ago...it was called "Fireworks." I still have the jar (with, of course, the park topper) and hope they still sell it so I can get more on my next trip!

I’m all over that “Disney water” smell, too <3 My entire family thinks I’m crazy, but I can’t get enough of it ^__^ Just one more reason why Splash Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean are my favorite rides!

Another one here for the water rides. I am more familiar with Disneyland and there were jasmine plants all over the place. I love that smell. It wasn't until my trip to Florida while walking through Saratoga Springs that I finally figured out it was coming from that particular plant. I got home planted a bunch around my yard and they all died. I guess I will just have to go back to Disney .;)

Got to agree with a bunch of posters here: love that Disney "water" smell! Splash Mountain, PoC, Jungle Cruise, even BTMRR! Also love the Epcot "air conditioning" smell when contrasted with the humid Florida outside air. So missing the Mouse House right now!

:lmao: :rotfl2::thumbsup2 This is THE BEST!!! I am not crazy!! I am not alone and there are actually others out there like me!! I have found my home here on The Dis!!!

I LOVE the smell of the water at WDW and the resorts .... most specifically i flash back to the early 80's and the waterfall at The Poly and Small World!! And to think the smells are still the same 30 years later!!

my two favorite smells in all of disney are: the disney "water smell" and the smell of the monorail. i think it's so funny because at random points every once in a while my family will stop and say "do you smell that?!?... it smells like disney!!!!" most people just look at us like we are crazy but we love it everytime it happens.

i have to echo the smell (and sounds) of the monorail!! I used to take huge whiffs of air conditioners in random places on vacation and say the same things - "DO YOU SMELL THAT??? IT SMELLS LIKE DISNEY WORLD!!!" Then my family would look at me like i had 3 heads.... :confused3 My dad and sisters would make fun of me and say, "smell it, Gret, smell it!" in this weard whiney kind of voice... :rolleyes1 i still do the "smelling" to this day!! now my own kids think I am weird. They will appreciate it some day!!??

I've always liked the smell of the baked goods on Main Street in the morning. Love grabbing a muffin there for breakfast!

Dave

Ok, so last week while i was driving in my car, I went to the glove box to grab a napking so I could blow my nose... TMI, I know.... But when I went to take a big breath in before I "let it all out" and OMG! I smell the Polynesian! :idea: Or the water from Small World, Splash Mountain or about any water feature at WDW!! You know - that musty waster smell?? I took napkin after napkin and took a huge deep breath in, enjoying every moment of the smell. I know. I am a total freak, and my husband, kids and entire family think I am Whacked. But then I rememebred this thread and knew I just had to post! :rotfl:

Oh, and that smell solidified my descision to surprise our boys with a surprise mini-vacation at WDW over Easter! :woohoo:

I know this sounds weird...but if I ever drink Sprite Zero as a fountain drink....it smells like the fountains at Epcot. Weird, yes....but my husband confirms it. If you buy it in cans or plastic bottles, it doesn't smell like that. I call it my "Disney water"..lol

I am so surprised no one has already mentioned this but I absolutely LOVE the way the dinosaur ride smells at Animal Kingdom! I know it's supposed to smell woodsey and earthy but to me, it smells like a mix of cardboard and soft pretzels LOL!:rotfl2:

I also think the Disney Cruise has a distinct smell. I can't put my finger on what exactly it smells like but everytime I board I notice it! Must be what they use to clean!

Ok, so last week while i was driving in my car, I went to the glove box to grab a napking so I could blow my nose... TMI, I know.... But when I went to take a big breath in before I "let it all out" and OMG! I smell the Polynesian! :idea: Or the water from Small World, Splash Mountain or about any water feature at WDW!! You know - that musty waster smell?? I took napkin after napkin and took a huge deep breath in, enjoying every moment of the smell. I know. I am a total freak, and my husband, kids and entire family think I am Whacked. But then I rememebred this thread and knew I just had to post! :rotfl:

Oh, and that smell solidified my descision to surprise our boys with a surprise mini-vacation at WDW over Easter! :woohoo:

good

The smell of the orange groves on Soarin'! We've found a Yankee Candle that smelled similar and then I got a body wash from B&BW that smelled even more like it!

What a great thread! My favorite all time Disney smell is the fresh waffle cones on Main Street. Followed by popcorn & Tonys restaurant. As for non-food smells, this is weird but o love it, the soap in the parks. Target sometimes uses the same one. Also the Spaceship Earth smell, not just the burning but the entire ride. And oranges on Soarin'

This is a good tread. I loved the smell of the little round Mickey soap bars in the hotel. I loved it so much that I asked the maid for extra on our last day she left about two dozen ! Now we use it while we are counting down to our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter