What is the Disney smell you love most?

Maybe I'm an odd bunny, but one of the things I love about WDW are the numerous and wonderful fragrances! To me, the Magic Kingdom smells like spring flowers, Epcot has a more earthy smell (like huge forests of trees), and MGM has air heavy with all kinds of delicious foodstuffs!

So what is it that really strikes you as a 'Disney' smell? The one you find most memorable...Maybe just the smell of summer humidity? Or is it the mouth-watering bakeries and candy shops? They say smell is the strongest sense related to memory, and I'm just curious if anyone else has a favorite Disney scent? :)

Stitch's burp. I feel the Disney magic when my youngest son is giggling after Stitch burps in our face at the Stitch ride.

For me I think it has to be the orange smell during Soarin'...or the apple pie smell during Mickey's PhilharMagic. Yum...2 more days until I am smelling all the sweet Disney smells again!!!!:cool1:

haha ok this one is strange, but hey that's me. the smell of chlorine and water. that is the smell from splash mountain, i love it. for some odd reason, we had some in one of my classes the other day and i made the comment of it reminding me of disney and my professor just looked at me like i was on crack!!:lmao:

Yup! that's the one that does it for me too.:goodvibes

My favorite is the smell when you first walk into Soarin'! It's like a perfect combination of all the smells used in the ride all rolled into one heavenly aroma!

For the longest time, every time I thought about Disney world, a scent filled my mind that I knew had to be a memory from my trips with my family when I was younger. I never could remember where it was from or what it was connected to, but I could "smell" it in my mind as if I was right there at WDW. I came to know it as my WDW scent, and it was the first thing I thought of if ever I thought about WDW, talked about it, or heard someone else telling me about one of their trips. When I took my DH and DD to WDW last September--I found it!! At first I thought it was the wonderfully sweet scent of "It's A Small World," but when we walked into the lobby of the Polynesian on our way to our dinner at O'hana one night, I was instantly hit by the sweet aroma of the POLY lobby and knew that was it! We stayed at Poly a couple of times as a child, and I know that is where I got my Disney Smell!! I love it--it just screams DISNEY in my head!!:)

Here's another oldie... Do you remember the ride in Epcot, where you went past an orange grove of the future? This was back in the 90's... but I remember distinctly that orange tic-tac smell... mmmmmm.....

YES, YES, YES!!! That's the thing I remember most from my WDW trips with my parents when I was a teenager!! To this day, it's one of my favorite scents and I buy whatever orange room fresheners I can find simply because it reminds me of Disney back in the day! :goodvibes

The damp, dank, musty POTC smell is quite memorable, too...

Such a great question! My favorite Disney smells are the inside of Spaceship Earth, the chlorinated water smell from the water rides, and the smell as you walk past the ice cream shop on Main Street - it always pulls me and my family in, no matter what, whether we're hungry or not! I can't wait to be back! :love:

I have to agree with others, you gotta love that Disney water! Especially on Its a small world! It's such a Disney smell in there! princess:

The smell of Disney hotel rooms, indoor rides/attractions, water rides, basically everything. It may sound weird but has anyone (other than myself) noticed that indoor rides/attractions have a certain smell...not necessarily bad, not necessarily good, just disney. It may be the air conditioning, heck if I know. It just has that smell. And I also love the Philhar Magic smell when they are at the Beauty & the Beast part and you smell the desserts...mmmm. My mom always says that she wished they sold that smell because she would definitely buy it.

haha ok this one is strange, but hey that's me. the smell of chlorine and water. that is the smell from splash mountain, i love it. for some odd reason, we had some in one of my classes the other day and i made the comment of it reminding me of disney and my professor just looked at me like i was on crack!!:lmao:

Me Too!!! I love the smell from the water rides! When I rarely smell that smell I say "OOH, Disney World, Splash Mountain!" and people also look at me like I am crazy, but it puts you right back on the ride!:wizard:

I love the smell going into Adventureland from Main Street hub. It smells like green peppers to me. I can't tell you why, but it does and I love it! Whenever I smell green peppers, I smile and think of WDW! :)

To me the Monorail has always smelled faintly of horses. Not like a barn or anything but the smell of clean horses. If you ride or have ridden you will know what I mean. What is with that?

During MNSSHP, at the end, the thing that Goofy rides on, as they give out candy!! It blowed up these bubbles, and the whole air around it smelled like Cotton Candy!!:cloud9: :love:

To me the Monorail has always smelled faintly of horses. Not like a barn or anything but the smell of clean horses. If you ride or have ridden you will know what I mean. What is with that?

haha. You are so right! It does smell very horse-y on the monorail.

My favorite smells are the inside of Spaceship Earth, especially when you go through the dark ages and the book burning. I also love Philharmagic when you smell the apple pie. YUM! I also love the smell in Soarin'. From the moment you step in, it has a great smell! The musky, damp smell in Pirates is another favorite. Those all say Disney to me!

I definately love the smell of Main Street and the bakery. That mixed in with the piped in music is just magic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter