What is the Disney smell you love most?

Arvandor_Ilfirin

Mouseketeer
Maybe I'm an odd bunny, but one of the things I love about WDW are the numerous and wonderful fragrances! To me, the Magic Kingdom smells like spring flowers, Epcot has a more earthy smell (like huge forests of trees), and MGM has air heavy with all kinds of delicious foodstuffs!

So what is it that really strikes you as a 'Disney' smell? The one you find most memorable...Maybe just the smell of summer humidity? Or is it the mouth-watering bakeries and candy shops? They say smell is the strongest sense related to memory, and I'm just curious if anyone else has a favorite Disney scent? :)

Haha, I like the smell when you go outside, around the pool..in the hotel. Well, it's always been a good smell. Hopefully there's not a bad smell!!
Haha, I pretty much like it all! Love Disney!

haha ok this one is strange, but hey that's me. the smell of chlorine and water. that is the smell from splash mountain, i love it. for some odd reason, we had some in one of my classes the other day and i made the comment of it reminding me of disney and my professor just looked at me like i was on crack!!:lmao:

All of it. Bakeries, burgers, train, dole whips, hot tar...even when they don't smell great, they still smell like Disney.

mm, I don't know how they do it anymore, but back in my CM days they would artificially pump out the smell of cotton candy out of vents from the shops on Main Street! That is Disney!! And during Christmas it was peppermint!!!

This may sound weird,but I love the smell if the Haunted Mansion and the water on the water rides.:goodvibes

haha

I love it when I walk into the store or somewhere and I smell the water from like Splash Mountain,I'm like DISNEY WORLD<3

Hi there :wave2:

For me, it would have to be the smell in Mickey's Philharmagic.
When L'lumiere invites us to be his guest for dinner,
you can actually smell the food.
Priceless memories !

:thumbsup2

For me, it's at Disneyland when you first walk into Pirates of the Caribbean. It's that musty, chlorine smell. Nothing else in the world I know of has that smell. :love:

DD's and I always noticed how the water smells (like in Splash Mountain and all the other water-related rides). So when we're somewhere non-disney and we smell it, we smile and say: "I smell Disney water!":love:

DD's and I always noticed how the water smells (like in Splash Mountain and all the other water-related rides). So when we're somewhere non-disney and we smell it, we smile and say: "I smell Disney water!":love:

I agree, the smell of the water (They told me it's the sulfur in it) is realy "Disney unique" for us. It took me a while to figure out where the smell was coming from the first time we went to the world, but now.... LOVE IT...

:) I don't know if it really equates to a smell, but it is kind of the smell of being outside when the sun is shining down on you and the sky is blue and a very light breeze is blowing.............ahhh. Ok, that isn't a smell, but a feeling.....

Hot tar.... love it!!

I also love the smell at Stormalong Bay at the Beach Club.

I have to agree with pepe of ohio...definitely the popcorn right as you walk into the MK. There has always been a popcorn cart, for as far back as I can remember, right next the the train and on the left after the overpass.

Yummy!

there are just so many to list...
the smell of the turkey leg wagons.... yummy...
the smell of the bakery on MAIN STREET
the smell of the Christmas shoppe in DTD
the smell of the Orlando air... you just know that you reached a better place.
but one of my favorites is in Mickeys Philharmagic- you cant beat that apple pie smell!
:wizard:

Also the smell when you first enter Pirates -- I've been going to Disney since I was a kid and that smell is always the same, plus its one of my favourite rides. It's amazing how strong "smell" memories are.

Have to agree with Laura. That is not just a smell, it is a feeling!!!
I do like the fragrance of the azaleas that seems to permiate POFQ. Seems no matter where you walk, that fragrance is there!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter