What is the brand/ flavor ice ceam you miss?

I don't have a Baskin Robbins near me anymore, but they had a limited release of German Chocolate Cake. I really loved that flavor.
I also no longer have a Baskin Robbins, or as our family referred to it as 31 flavors, near us. This means no more Baseball Nut :(

For me it would be bryers checkerboard ice cream it was vanilla and chocolate ice cream like a checkerboard so good
Chocolate marshmallow. You can still get it in some places (Northeast is where I've seen it,) but it's not available throughout the majority of the country.

Chocolate marshmallow. You can still get it in some places (Northeast is where I've seen it,) but it's not available throughout the majority of the country.
You took my answer. The closest is Ben and Jerrys Phish Food. It'll do if I'm desperate, but I much prefer it without the chocolate fish in it. IMO chocolate marshmallow ice cream should be SMOOTH - no chunks!

Does anyone remember when Thrifty Drug Stores used to have their own ice cream and it had a little ice cream parlor near the entrance of the store where you could eat ice cream and Thrifty Ice Cream was the best and my great-aunt and my great-uncle used to enjoy it as a Friday night snack and when Thrifty Drug Stores and Payless Drug Stores got bought by Rite Aid Thrifty Ice Cream continued to be sold there too. My favorite ice cream flavor used to be Blue Bunny's I Do Do Ice Cream and it was ice cream created by celebrity chef Duff Goldman that had raspberry filling and tasted like wedding cake which is why it was called I Do Do Ice Cream and it was so delicious I wonder why Blue Bunny discontinued it?

Turkey Hill has it here. It's so yummy, I could just take the container and a spoon and go crazy with it. It's my go to when I really need a pick me up after a bad day.

The entire brand of Bryer's USED to be good. Now they have been bought out by Unilever who cheapened the product to where they can't even legally call is 'ice cream' anymore it's now a 'frozen dairy dessert'..............LOL.

View attachment 783164
I was going to post about Breyer’s too. Their peach ice cream was a family favorite. It had big chunks of peaches in it. Made with real cream and sugar. Yum!

Swensen's Sticky Chewy Chocolate!
Years ago, when visiting family in Houston, Marble slab Creamery's Chocolate Mint.
A small-town local ice cream place's Pink Peppermint Fudge and their Hot chocolate was amazing, too.
As a kid, I definitely loved Baskin and Robbins. Thrifty's ice cream, too.
Years ago, back in the 80's Carnation ice cream!

Yummy thread! 🍨

I miss those too. You were on a team though. Team Rinse, with the ice coating you had to quickly rinse off; or you were Team Ice, you just ate/licked it.

I was Team Rinse. ;)

I think I was Team Ice and ate the coating, lol. I liked the chocolate and the chocolate-vanilla swirl pops. I don’t remember if they ever did vanilla by itself or what, but if they did, we never got those.

tillamook blood orange. i also have'nt been able to find any brand that sells green tea in years.

Does anyone remember when Thrifty Drug Stores used to have their own ice cream and it had a little ice cream parlor near the entrance of the store where you could eat ice cream and Thrifty Ice Cream was the best and my great-aunt and my great-uncle used to enjoy it as a Friday night snack and when Thrifty Drug Stores and Payless Drug Stores got bought by Rite Aid Thrifty Ice Cream continued to be sold there too. My favorite ice cream flavor used to be Blue Bunny's I Do Do Ice Cream and it was ice cream created by celebrity chef Duff Goldman that had raspberry filling and tasted like wedding cake which is why it was called I Do Do Ice Cream and it was so delicious I wonder why Blue Bunny discontinued it?

i just recently saw that amazon is selling thrifty style ice cream scoops.

Rite Aid Stores at least out here in CA do still sell Thrifty's ice cream in the half gallons. Some stores have ice cream in the tubs the way all Thrifty's did back in the 80's and 90's. Sadly though at least in my experience, this ice cream area is not always well maintained. Most likely because the traffic is no longer there to warrant a mostly ice cream only employee. Good memories though :)

I think I was Team Ice and ate the coating, lol. I liked the chocolate and the chocolate-vanilla swirl pops. I don’t remember if they ever did vanilla by itself or what, but if they did, we never got those.
They made vanilla. We always had the variety pack, vanilla was always the last to go. Chocolate was first. 😋

When I was a kid, Baskin Robbins had a "mandarin chocolate sherbert" that was so, so good !

Always read the carton labels for ice cream...... cream must be the FIRST ingredient !! Very hard to find, now. Just like Breyer's, Dreyer's / Edy's was bought out by Nestle many years ago and the quality went downhill fast !!

Schoep’s Peppermint Ice Cream

They still make it, but the company completely changed it and ruined it.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter