What is the biggest rip-off on WDW property?

Ned Land

Mouseketeer
Some have mentioned the following:

Bottled water
Dolphin/Swan for any price over $200/night
Breakfast buffets for over $15/person
Fall Fantasy with the breakfast option (like $18/per person/day)
Ice cream social
Pleasure Island
All-Stars for any price over $80 per night

I'd say the Coke, since Coca-cola supplies it for free (at least that is what I have read on numerous occasions) Anyone know if that's true?

Some people will say with the elimination of Early Entry, staying on site!

(I will be doing my first off site visit soon, so I will tell you all about it later!)

i read a long time ago that coke made a contract where they would give them free soda for so many years....

but its only $2.11 for what cost $3.00 at World of Adventure in Ohio... so dont feel so bad about the soda... (and then u got the free stuff at ice station cool @ EPCOT):cool:

I don't remember ever feeling ripped off at WDW. I bring my own water. $20 is pretty standard for screen-printed tourist tees. Concert tees are usually $25-30 (that was >5 years ago when I used to buy them all the time). I've paid $40 for embroidered sweatshirts, but not $50. OH! - there were some emroidered jeans that I wanted back in '92 that were $100! That would have been a rip-off. I got them on sale later for $50.

Goodings (which is on WDW property). Even though I like the store, the prices there are a bit inflated.

I agree with CindyB! I have also chosen to stay off-site on our next visit now that Early Entry no longer exists.

To me the regular cost for a room at the Polynesian is too much. I remember too well what we used to pay. That said, if I can find a good deal, I'm there!

I agree with everything in the above posts except the Ice cream social, I think its a good idea and cheaper than any other character greet. I would have to say bottled water is my biggest complaint.

Paying to use the gym at Yacht & Beach. That is lunacy.

A CM told us that all water on WDW property is filtered, so we just buy one bottle & carry it around. We then fill it up at a water fountain. They even sell water bottle straps if you want one.

Like all theme parks, almost everything is overpriced to some extent. :( Think of it this way. Without EE, you get to enjoy your room more, therefore getting more for your money. :) Nope, I don't buy it either, but thought I'd see how it sounded anyway. :rolleyes:

Leav a Legacy tiles at Epcot. When my wife asked what they were, I told her they were another excuse to give Disney money. Also, the bricks in the walkway at Magic Kingdom.

who needs to buy bottled water? just go up to a counter service restruant.... smile realllllllllllllllly big :teeth: and ask for a cup of ice water from the tap. they will give you water for the soda fountain(that has about 3 big filters on the water line)

I expect to pay "amusement park prices" for things like snacks and water, but I have to agree that I thought the ice cream social was a huge rip off for my family. Ither than that most things I've done or purchased seemed like a pretty good value. I tend to agree that the rack rates for many of the deluxe hotels are a bit over the edge, but if people will pay it why not!?!

I agree with paying to use the gym at the deluxes is a rip!!It should be part of the price of staying there.
Also Beer,water ect yeah its a rip. (so we bring our own)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter