What is the biggest DIY project you have ever undertaken?

I helped my parents as they remodeled the house I grew up in. They did it one room at a time. They took it down the the joists and studs and started over. It was built sometime in the 1800's and had the old horse hair plaster.

We remodeled the den in our previous house - pulled out the carpet, installed a laminate floor, and painted the walls. We should have hired someone to do it. Putting in the floor was more difficult than we expected. Just cutting the edges was hard and we didn't even get them perfectly straight. Painting was the easy part since we've a lot of that before. Luckily our new house was remodeled and move-in ready. If we ever decide to do anything besides simple fixes around here, we will be hiring experts!

I did a number of things like re-shingle my roof, build a storage shed out back and a carport on the end of my house (garage). However the project that made me the most nervous was installing an exhaust fan in our bathroom. The required running electrical to the opening I made in the ceiling, putting up braces to hold the unit, creating a circular hole in the roof and shingles so that the vent wouldn't leak. That was thirty years ago and as far as I know it still doesn't leak, it still works and the house hasn't burnt down. Also built a new deck on the back and had to replace the house sill that had been damaged by rain and carpenter ants. Then I bought and installed an above ground pool and extended the deck out to partially wrap around it. All without the benefit of ever having done it before or google to tell me how.

No wonder I'm tired now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter