what is the best way to get the best rates in Disney during race weekend?

goofeygirl

DIS Veteran
I probably wont do marathon weekend next year and most likely do the princess race instead....but I want to stay in the GF or one of the MK hotels.

I know rates are not up yet but I have seen rates on the Disney website for those hotels in the 400 dollar range...yet I read here about people booking the same hotel rooms at the same time for under 300.

Is there a way to get a better deal at these hotels?

I called up Disney reservations too...about rates for next year and they quote the GF (during marathon weekend) as being 420.00 and up....that is WAY too high!!!!

You can rent points from a DVC member and it will cost you much less to do it this way. There is a page on Disboards about renting DVC points. Last year I stayed at Beach Club villas for $1,100 for 5 nights. You need to do this as soon as possible though, if there are any rooms still available as DVC members can book their "home" resort 11 months in advance and they go fast for these race weekends.

We waited until general public discounts came out and booked using those. I used the S/P/D discount for marathon weekend (stalked and booked at midnight to get POFQ) and I think we ended up with the "families with little ones" (ironic because most of us had little ones, and none of us brought them!) for Princess. I don't know about room-only promotions during the same timeframes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter