What is the best money you have ever spent at Disney?

dchronister

DIS Veteran
I have been to Disney several times and the best $ that I have ever spend on Disney property was this last Dec. I ordered my DD a cake to be delivered after our meal at CM's, it was a beautiful cake and it was her 16th Birthday. She was soooo surprised. Had no idea, and the guy brought it out right when Mickey came to our table so we have a pic of her with her Sweet 16 cake and Mickey Mouse, it doesn't get any better than that in my book. At home I would have been very reluctant to spend $80 on a cake, I'm just not made that way, but at Disney it was just another expense, and it was sooo worth it, I would do it again in a heart beat. At 16 they tend to not be surprised by a lot and sometimes its hard to pull off a surprise without them somehow finding out, but she was totally clueless. It was great. And I have no idea how to add a pic on here or I would post one of the occasion.

For us - it was the $$ spent for our daughter to get married there - ceremony at Wedding Pavilion, reception at the Grand Floridian - and Illuminations dessert party - pixiedust: As parents - it was so beautiful, tearful and wonderful that to this day I get :sad: and :) thinking about it (was in 2008).

$20 for an small over the shoulder Disney bag. Big enough to hold what I really need but small enough that it freed me from years of being a turtle with a huge, heavy, hot backpack. Best $20 I have ever spent at WDW. Vacation changer.

We don't spend much besides the vacation itself (which has included free dining each year, so no dining costs). The vacation itself has really been the best money spent. Incredible memories made these last four years.

Having said that, the other bests:
Pick a pearl for our kids and my Mom last year.

For me, it was a simple thing:
A jalapeno soft pretzel from Wetzel's pretzels in DTD. :thumbsup2 Awesome.

Dan

The 20 ish dollars to mail a coconut from the poly to my parents back in TX this past Xmas. My father passed a few weeks later and I'm sure he was happy to see this coconut..

A couple of years ago I took my son to the Pirates League on a very rainy day. The forecast was for rain all day and I knew the makeup wouldn't stay on long but I went ahead and took him in anyway. Due to the heavy rain they canceled the Pirate Tutorial and Jack Sparrow came and hung out in the Pirates League for a while instead. It totally made my sons day to talk with Captain Jack for a few minutes and get a few great photos with him. Money well spent!

The 20 ish dollars to mail a coconut from the poly to my parents back in TX this past Xmas. My father passed a few weeks later and I'm sure he was happy to see this coconut..

I didn't know you could do that! So going on my to do list for my next trip! And greetings from a fellow Texan!!!

What is the best money you have ever spent at Disney?

Money that came from someone else! :lmao:

Seriously though, for me it's paying extra to stay in a preferred room. I love being close to the action. I can sleep with ear plugs.:thumbsup2

Halloween party tickets on my honeymoon.

DH and I went as Cinderella & Prince Charming.

Dream come true for this Disney girl! That's my kind of romance!

Four crystal glasses from Arribas Brothers in DTD. I think it took me almost an hour to convince myself to buy them. Now I am glad I did because the last time I went (2012) they were no longer available.

Despite their fragile appearance, we use them almost daily. Unfortunately, we now have three glasses :sad2:

A pacifier at mk. My daughter lost hers and we didn't bring extras. She would have been very fussy without it and this was at the beginning of a 10day trip.

For me it was the "My First Haircut" package at Harmony Barber Shop. It was about $18 and my granddaughter got her first haircut in WDW complete with pixie dust, a certificate of bravery with the fab 5 as babies on it, her hair in a little cotton bag, and mouse hears with my first haircut embroidered on it. I think it had to be the best value at WDW

Golf cart at Ft. Wilderness!

I have health issues and we got a golf cart because I couldn't walk back and forth to the bus stops.

But it also came in very handy when:

The night we arrived, we were waiting for Hoop-dee-doo when DGS realized that he hadn't packed his contact lens case and solution. We went to Settlement Trading Post nearby. They didn't carry those items, but said Meadow Trading Post did. DS and DGS jumped in golf cart, zipped over to Meadow, zipped back in plenty of time for HDDR.

Next day, we drive golf cart to boat dock. Then same DGS realizes his KTTW card isn't on lanyard around his neck. DS and DGS jump in golf cart, zip to cabin, find KTTW on cabin porch, and zip back to boat dock.

If we would have had to wait for the buses, it would have taken much longer. We were glad every day that we spent the money on the golf cart. (Besides, it's a lot of fun) :drive:

We get the crystal glasses etched with our names and the year every year we come! some have lasted, some not...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter