What is the BEST cruise tip you ever learned from the Dis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jillpie

Can you package some Main St. music and send it to
Mine has to be...if you have to have an inside stateroom, book on deck 7 aft, so you'll have the "secret verandah" to go out and enjoy. We did just this in April and it was wonderful.

My second is what I just learned, and they are the "secret" cat 7 rooms on deck 7 (used to be cat 5), so I booked our first verandah for next June, just because of the Dis! Thanks everyone! :)

To order the lemon meringue pie at Palo brunch, and the cheese tray from room service. (As well as the Mickey bars, :mickeybar which aren't listed on the menu but ARE available!)

Take a "go with the flow" attitude. Something is going to happen that you didn't plan. You attitude will determine how it affects your cruise.

Hi, mine would have to be the over the door shoe holders-take two for the split baths-one for tolietries and the other for shoes. buy the cheap ones and leave them there. take a dry eraser board-geat for communicating with the rest of the family.

Darn, both of mine have been posted already. I think the aft deck on 7 is grand, and the shoe holder thing is a huge clutter saver. We don't have much makeup or stuff, but we have batteries, passports, cameras, walkie talkies, wallets, and everything under the sun stuck in the pockets. Our cabin steward learned the first day --- when in doubt, stick it in the shoe holder. Note: get the see-through kind so you can see what is in every pocket!

Here's another one --- the best chairs aboard are on deck 4, and it's usually quiet there.

Here's another --- order room service the night before a port visit, and pack it and take with you as a snack.

How about the window on deck 4 where you can see into the AP galley?

How about the blue anchors on the floor lead you forward and the red lead you aft. And red and aft both have 3 letters to help you remember!

To not miss Palo. I probably wouldn't have bothered, if I hadn't read here how great it is!

Either wear your swimsuits under your clothes when boarding, or bring them in a day bag. There are bathrooms right outside Topsiders. We had the pool to ourselves for almost an hour!

On both our DCL cruisers, that was the best way to start off our trip. A clean Mickey pool and the run of the Mickey Slide and a front row seat for us! It will never happen again that way for the rest of the trip! We went directly to the pool. Plutos was opened. My two DS's love the chicken strips and withing 20 minutes already had two servings! My DH and I took turns going to Topsiders and bringing our plates outsides. It was divine!

I agree with the zip lock bags suggestion! Big time! I learned from these boards, to order room service, sandwhichs or go up and and get burgers or chicken strips on Deck 9, put them in ziplocks and bring them with us on our excursions! Never know when they will get hungry, but there were many times that I - and my kids - where so thankful we brought snacks. I only wish I had enough for everyone :confused3 The looks on some of the hungry kid's faces was tough as a DS was munching on chicken strips. :guilty:

The zip locks work for film, memontos, pictures from shutters, shells from the beach and leftover shampoos and stuff. Don't forget the trash bags for wet clothes!

Jillpie said:
Mine has to be...if you have to have an inside stateroom, book on deck 7 aft, so you'll have the "secret verandah" to go out and enjoy. We did just this in April and it was wonderful.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the secret verandah!! For our first Disney cruise this October I booked an inside stateroom on deck 7 aft to be close to the verandah that I learned about on these boards.

My DH & DD's enjoyed using the Walmart 97 cent lanyards for our KTTWs. I passed out cheap watches so the kids never missed a meet time. Having a higlighter to mark our navigators. Room service, precalculated tip cash, the Mickey wake up call, bringing our Pirate supplies from Party City, our magnetic door signs featuring free Disney font, and our carry-on beer and wine.

Thank you, DISers!!!!

over door shoe holder, deck 4 chairs, deck 7 aft. I love it all :flower:

Thanks for the tip about Red and Aft! Never heard that one before!

I think Downy Wrinkle releaser, was a great tip. NO ironing for me :cool1:

My two favorite tips that I picked up from the fabulous Dis board...

1.Bring air freshener(for the bathroom) and dryer sheets (for the clothing storage areas)to keep everything smelling fresh.

2.sunblock spray for your head if your get your hair braided(sunburned scalp is a vacation bummer)

Thanks for all the wonderful tips.... I can't wait for my next cruise!!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

The over-the-door shoe holder (ditto on getting a clear one) Knowing about the "secret" deck 7 verandah was perfect because it was the perfect, uncrowded sightseeing spot for going thru the Gatun Locks on the Repo cruise. Taking some extention cords was good advice also.

Besides countless great tips, I've loved the up to date real time information taht is availble from fellow Disers who either just left the ship or report from on board. This was realy critical last year during the epic hurrciane season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter