What is the anticipated release date for the next discount?

Nutbean

Mouseketeer
I know there are a lot of us waiting for the next discount to be released. I'm just not sure what approximate date I should be circling on my calendar to wait for with bated breath.

I thought I read somewhere end of March but free dining for the general public for Aug/Sept 2012 stays was released March 5th.

Or are we supposed to be waiting until the current spring promotion is over (i.e. end of May)?

I'm so confused...

I know there are a lot of us waiting for the next discount to be released. I'm just not sure what approximate date I should be circling on my calendar to wait for with bated breath.

I thought I read somewhere end of March but free dining for the general public for Aug/Sept 2012 stays was released March 5th.

Or are we supposed to be waiting until the current spring promotion is over (i.e. end of May)?

I'm so confused...

Check this "waiting" thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3067433

Isn't the current spring discount over the end of march? I thought that's what I read which would be better than end of may. Anyone know this?

Isn't the current spring discount over the end of march? I thought that's what I read which would be better than end of may. Anyone know this?

The only offer up on the page that I have access to says

"Save up to 30% at Select Disney Resort Hotels!
Save on travel for stays most nights February 18 through March 23, 2013 and April 2 through June 14, 2013. Book by May 31, 2013."

I am counting down to March 20 which is when Danny25 has suggested he might have information to share with us.

I'm pretty sure they have been releasing the Fall disount between March-May, so I think something new should pop up soon and I'm hoping it's the FDP. We'll see...

The only offer up on the page that I have access to says

"Save up to 30% at Select Disney Resort Hotels!
Save on travel for stays most nights February 18 through March 23, 2013 and April 2 through June 14, 2013. Book by May 31, 2013."

What! Book by May 31st. Did they change this? It used to be by March 31st.:confused3

Disney has run 2 promos at once right? Because FD might be good for a family of 5 but 30% of YC might be better for a couple. I thought one of their promos you had to book by March 7th? Was it extended? I thought March 8th I'd be hearing some news lol :rotfl2:

I just wanted to post this because this is what I'm seeing on the Disney website. I would much rather the current discount end in march than may so new discounts can come out hopefully for November. Is the may date posted somewhere else?

This is the only discount that I have access to and it says to book by May 31st:

http://bookwdw.reservations.disney....ionCode=fy13q2q3roomCA&market=fy13q2q3roomCAP

I'm Canadian so I think that's why there is a difference (and where my confusion was stemming from).

Thank you so very much for posting that link and clearing things up for me!!

Nutbean said:
This is the only discount that I have access to and it says to book by May 31st:

http://bookwdw.reservations.disney.go.com/ibcwdw/en_US/specialOfferDetails?name=Promo_CA&promotionCode=fy13q2q3roomCA&market=fy13q2q3roomCAP

I'm Canadian so I think that's why there is a difference (and where my confusion was stemming from).

Thank you so very much for posting that link and clearing things up for me!!

I was thinking that might be it. Thank you also for helping clear this up. Good luck with your trip!

Last year the promo for aug/sept dates came out on March 5th, you are correct! Also Disney has had two promos out at once but they didn't cover the exact same dates, it differed a bit. I would say the latest we will see the next promo is April, and that's at the latest, my guess is we will see it sooner then that tho, going by past years. It could be a room discount or FD, that's something else we don't know but my guess is FD and released in march. :)

The U.S. website has this:

Save up to 30% at Select Disney Resort Hotels This Spring!

This offer is valid for the following dates:

Book by March 7, 2013 for travel most nights February 18 through March 23, 2013
Book by March 31, 2013 for travel most nights April 2 through June 14, 2013

and another link has this, but it is the same info:

Last Chance to Save up to 30% on March Travel

Book by March 7, 2013 and save up to 30% at select Disney Resort hotels, valid for stays most nights February 18 through March 23, 2013. Book by March 31, 2013 for stays most nights April 2 through June 14, 2013.

That means that a new discount should be up in April, I hope. ;) They usually release the new one after the current one expires.

from what I understand (as a PP mentioned), *if* discounts come out, you could accept a room-only discount or free dining.

If I wanted free dining, could I still use a AAA discount on the room? (I guess I'm wondering if AAA discount counts as a promotion/discount that can't be combined with other promotions/discounts)

from what I understand (as a PP mentioned), *if* discounts come out, you could accept a room-only discount or free dining.

If I wanted free dining, could I still use a AAA discount on the room? (I guess I'm wondering if AAA discount counts as a promotion/discount that can't be combined with other promotions/discounts)

Disney does not allow the stacking of discounts whether they are Disney's or an outside source. You will have to figure out which one saves you the most money and go with that.

Disney does not allow the stacking of discounts whether they are Disney's or an outside source. You will have to figure out which one saves you the most money and go with that.

OK - thanks for clarifying.

Last year the promo for aug/sept dates came out on March 5th, you are correct! Also Disney has had two promos out at once but they didn't cover the exact same dates, it differed a bit. I would say the latest we will see the next promo is April, and that's at the latest, my guess is we will see it sooner then that tho, going by past years. It could be a room discount or FD, that's something else we don't know but my guess is FD and released in march. :)

I hope your right

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter