What is "Scrapbooking Party" on Disney Cruise

Realfoodie

Earning My Ears
Hi all!

I was looking at the Personal Navigator that someone posted for their cruise and on day 3 there was a "Scrapbooking Party" in Animator's Palate. Anyone know what that is? I love to scrapbook but wouldn't normally in this setting. But I do digital so all I need is my laptop. So, do ppl show up for 90 min with their supplies? Just curious cuz I can't find anything on it in a search. Thanks!

Colleen

We attended on our last 3 night Dream cruise. They actually supplied some 12x12 papers (I do believe they were sponsored by DVC) and some random embellishments so you could make a few pages to take home with you.

The embellishments were foam letters, some non-Disney stickers, etc. Nothing stuff that was "wowing" or DCL specific. HOWEVER, they did allow us to take the paper with us so we could scrap at home. The papers are cute, but pretty basic. I will try and post some pictures of them when I get home.

Well worth at least stopping in for the paper!

When we did it, we got a 12 x 12 sheet from the future cruise desk (along with a sales pitch). The "project" was plain paper and cardboard covers tied with string and decorated with markers and foam letters--a kid project.

We have not attended that specific event, but have purchased scrapbooking supplies on the ship that are very much DCL-focused...Castaway Cay even has its own kit (pages, stickers, etc.) available on the island. That doesn't necessarily help if you are doing something digital, but our kids have thoroughly enjoyed commemorating our cruise(s) with this type of project.

I have attended the scrapbook events twice. They do supply a couple of 12 x 12 sheets of DCL paper to you. However, most of the adhesives weren't suitable for scrapbooking IMHO. The second time I went, I just collected the paper and brought it home to scrapbook in leisure. I purchased a scrapbook kit on board and just stuck the DCL scrapbook sheets from this event in with the rest of the kit.

Thanks for all the info! You don't sound like a scrapbooking snob...you sound like someone who values lasting scrapbooks...and for how much work (and money!) we put into them that is a wise choice!!

I was thinking maybe I could scan the paper and use it in my digital scrapbook!!

Happy scrapbooking!

Colleen

So glad to hear they sell scrapbooks papers on board. I hope they are better then the ones they sell at DL! I love picking up paper to scrap with once I get home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!