What is it like end of Feb/Early March?

Laurafoster

DIS Veteran
We have AP's and are considering an extra trip around the 20th Feb for 2 weeks. I have never been at this time of year so can anyone tell me what its like?

The nearest time to these days we have been was 3 weeks from I think the 6th March back in 2005.
It was not bad at all crowd wise but the weather wasn't ideal, a real mixture of everything, sun, rain, cold - I wouldn't say it was a bad time to go but weather wise very unpredictable.

We have been in February - in fact February 2006 and it was really cold. We have been in February before and it is usually a pleasant time to go as it is not too hot. A bit unpredictable knowing what clothing to take though:lmao:

It is a good time of year for flight prices and crowds:thumbsup2

I would go again this time of year

We have been twice end of feb start of march and i would reccomend it to anyone.
Crowd levels are low :thumbsup2
Weather first time we went was so hot and we were grateful for day of rain!!
This year the first couple of days were chilly - needed to wear a fleece and jeans but then rest of the hols was gorg weather - like our summer !!! and we had just one day of rain again :thumbsup2

We love it and would go march enxt yr but I decided i wanted to go Nov so i can see xmas decs :yay:

Hmm might have to have a bit of a think on this. I dont mind a few cold days but i would like atleast a few afternoons where would would be able to relax by the pool in the afternoons.

Glad to hear the crowds are low though.

With the exception of 2 days the temp this yr was hitting 34 - 39 degreed celsuis if that hgelps at all and we did manage lots of pool days x

Excellent that sounds fine! Like i said im happy with cold days - just so long as i get a few days that are warm enough to go to the pool mid afternoon for an hour or two!

We always go Feb half term and the week after. As everyone's said, the weather is usually cool first thing in the morning and also in the evening. We've always managed the water parks and this year both of my teenagers got really burnt. Knew better than Mum about putting more cream on :sad2:

Lived in cropped trousers and strappy t shirts and came back with a tan. SIL wore shorts but not quite warm enough for me.

Blue skys everyday and I think we got rain one evening.

Mardi Gras is on at Universal and this year we saw Neyo and Village People and Hall and Oates were on at Seaworld. Busch Gardens even had the Osmonds.

If you decide to go, I'm sure you'll have a brilliant time. :)

very useful for me too as planning Feb half term for my first Florida hol :cool1:
Unfortunately not until 2011 for my 40th birthday. :sad2:
Did Vegas and Grand Canyon for 30th so want to match this.

Our frist ever trip was early February, no rain, warm sunny days, evenings and first thing a bit chilly. Whilst we really enjoyed the trip dressing for a whole day out was a pain because had to take fleece for evenings but carry it around during the day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter