What is "Club 33"?

Maistre Gracey

DIS Veteran
My MIL just said that this is a club in the MK that serves alcohol?
I have never heard of it, but I figured this board was the place to ask.

Thanx in advance! :cool:

It's where I'm going for lunch next month:earsboy: (Anaheim one)

Though I am not a member, I have eaten (through the courtesy of others) in Club 33 in Disneyland on two occasions.
There is a great thrill in entering: you press a button on an intercom and they ask your name. You give it, and then are "buzzed" in. You are met at a podium by a hostess, who takes your name. You may be asked to wait a moment or two. The only thing visible in the foyer when you enter are a large elegant wooden staircase, and a beautiful European style open elevator (which I belive was used in the film "The Happiest Millionaire"). You walk, or ride, up to the restaurant.
The restaurant itself sprawls over the tops of many buildings in New Orleans Square, and it is quite difficult to imagine its layout when you're outside looking up.
You enter into a short hallway which has the entrances to the restrooms and a glass display case which shows all the Club 33 goodies you can purchase. You are next led into a very large room entirely devoid of furniture. (I assume they use this for special events and buffets.) The Dining room is past this room, and consists of a reasonable number of tables. Linen table cloths, fancy menus, full place settings, pleasant waiters. ) There is at least one other Dining room as well--the Trophy room--which has the infamous animatronic vulture and the hidden microphones. There are orignal pieces of WDI artwork hung throughout the restaurant. Marc Davis' original painting of the Haunted Mansion's stretching room posters hangs in the entrance hallway (and it's surprising how small it is).
The food can be very good or mediocre--just like any other restaurant in Disneyland or Disney World--they seem to have a problem with consistency.
It's also extremely expensive. About $75 a person not including wine or beer.
It's very enjoyable, and they certainly go out of their way to make it seem special.
The downside? The food is not as good as it should be for the price (though it's head and shoulders above anything else in Disneyland except Napa Rose in the Grand Californian). And, they may also rush your meal depending on how many reservations they have for the evening. I was quite shocked, after receiving a bill for $450, to be asked to leave as soon as possible!
If you have the money, and can get a reservation, I highly recommend it--once. But, I myself have gone twice. And will probably go again, which just goes to show you how the allure of exclusivity plays havoc with logic. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter