What is available at AKV at 7 months?

Kim Gillihan

Kluvdisney
I am hoping to be an owner in a few months.... hoping to book thanksgiving trip close to 7 month window.... what do you think will be available at that time? Or should I not get my hopes up?

As of April 20, 2016, 7 months out from Sunday, November 20, of Thanksgiving week 2016, all rooms at AKV were already filled for at least either the Wednesday and Thurs, or the Thurs and Fri, of Thanksgiving week. The Jambo standard rooms and savanna view 1BRs, and the Kidani standard 1BR and all savanna view rooms were each missing two nights, and all other rooms four or more nights of the week.

As of April 20, 2016, 7 months out from Sunday, November 20, of Thanksgiving week 2016, all rooms at AKV were already filled for at least either the Wednesday and Thurs, or the Thurs and Fri, of Thanksgiving week. The Jambo standard rooms and savanna view 1BRs, and the Kidani standard 1BR and all savanna view rooms were each missing two nights, and all other rooms four or more nights of the week.
oh no!!!!! Well.... just have see what happens.... thanks for the info.

TIming could be key. I am assuming you are purchasing AKV. If you can just make the reservation by April 12, 2017, your chances should increase -- e.g, on Sunday April 13, 2016, the Kidani savanna view 1BRs and dedicated 2BRs were still open for all of Thanksgiving week 2016.

Don't lose hope - and don't be afraid to use the waitlist. there will be some movement at 7 months and people's plans do change. Good luck!

TIming could be key. I am assuming you are purchasing AKV. If you can just make the reservation by April 12, 2017, your chances should increase -- e.g, on Sunday April 13, 2016, the Kidani savanna view 1BRs and dedicated 2BRs were still open for all of Thanksgiving week 2016.
Oh great! Yes, purchasing AK.... will keep fingers crossed!

I just checked availability earlier today for myself. The two bedrooms at Jambo not available the week of Thanksgiving. I think Kidani may have had some availability though but we prefer Jambo.

Can you tell me why you prefer Jambo over Kidani? We stayed in Jambo last summer and loved it but were considering a 2BR at Kidani next year. thanks!

Can you tell me why you prefer Jambo over Kidani? We stayed in Jambo last summer and loved it but were considering a 2BR at Kidani next year. thanks!

I have never stayed at Kidani but it doesn't appeal to me like Jambo does. We love the grand lobby, restaurants, quick service, and pool at Jambo.

There is a poll on the resorts page and it seems its 50/50... lots people love kidani too.. I have never stayed so I am excited to stay at either!!

I know many people love Kidani. I'm sure we will eventually try it, and perhaps we will love it, but I know for sure that I love Jambo.

2BR - Kidani.

Jambo only has lock-offs while Kidani has dedicated 2BR's. Another plus for Kidani is that it is all DVC so the rooms are on the lower floors as well as the higher floors which can be a plus for animal viewing. At Jambo DVC is only on the 5th and 6th floors.

Jambo wins out with several food service options right there. I also prefer the pool as there's a good amount of natural shade which is what I'm looking for vs Kidani.

Depending on when you take possession of the points, you may luck out. I second the idea of waitlist. Lots of People book at their home resor then try for their first choice at 7 mths - especially for holiday weeks. Definitely use the waitlist if nothing is available. You may even want to so a split waitlist so that you have a great chance (theoretically) of getting at least a few days at AKL. Then you can book similar res somewhere bigger, like SSR just in case.

For what it's worth, we prefer Kidani. The rooms are larger and we like the 2 baths in the 1br. I also like the middle savannah view better from the Kadani side. Also has the community hall and a better pool, in my opinion. Jambo is really nice for the restaurants but we would only eat at the buffet one and only once if at all so its not worth it to us. We have always had horrible service at the QS so that's not a winner for us either. We did like the club level at Jambo though, and would stay there again for that. And yes, the enormity of first walking into Jambo's main lobby is just breathtaking.

I am so excited and anxious. I hope it has been submitted and disney doesnt want my contract.... can't wait to book and so hoping it works out to stay at AK!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter