What is a town car?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by popsynic, Aug 15, 2009.

1. popsynic

popsynic DIS Veteran

What is the difference between a regular taxi and a town car?

2. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

A Lincoln Town Car. It's a luxury sedan, usually black with dark windows. Like limo service but not the long car.

Here's an example:

http://www.ibexlimousine.com/

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. TestTrackBoy

TestTrackBoy Cast Member

A town car is luxury sedan with leather seats, more room and are very well kept. The driver is usually dressed in formal ware, such as a suit and the service is far superior. They usually have set prices for going to and from the airport and other destinations. If your looking for one in Central Florida, Mears Town Car service is excellent. I have used them several times and have had an excellent experience.

5. Baltazar

Baltazar DIS Veteran

about $40. :lmao:

But seriously though. A town car service picks you up at the gate and goes with you to get your luggage.

6. Wild4Walt

Wild4Walt DIS Veteran

They can no longer pick you up at the gate ( since Security changes after 9/11 ) but they will meet you in baggage claim if requested.

7. Ronda93

Ronda93 DIS Veteran

At the taxi stand you get the next one in line and you're off. It can be an adventure, but you're on your way.

The term "town car" to many is a car service. It's a Lincoln, nothing special. You call, tell them when you are arriving and a car waits for YOU and you alone. In most cities the driver cannot solicit another fare if you fail to show up. I assume the car service will require credit card infomation to take your reservation.

I wouldn't book a car service without good references. Mears has a great reputation.

Ronda

8. Robo

Robo 1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!

For those who don't know, Mears (mentioned above) is the company that actually operates "Disney's Magical Express" (owns and drives the buses and delivers the luggage) for the WDW resorts.

9. Robo

Robo 1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!

For those who don't know, Mears (mentioned above) is the company that actually operates "Disney's Magical Express" (owns and drives the buses between the resorts and the airport) for Disney.

10. RMulieri

RMulieri DIS Veteran

I always use a towncar when I go,for me it is worth the extra expense.The driver meets us in baggage claim, retrieves our luggage ,loads it into the car and we are off.We stop at a grocery store en route to WDW to pick up a few things( water,milk).All the drivers have been courteous, the cars clean, and they are lots of fun and keep my daughter entertained.Going home they pick us up when WE WANT to be picked up.We have used ME , and it is fine, but we prefer the towncar service and we budget it into our trip cost

11. hookedonears

hookedonears Louisianan

We usually book our town car through Happy Limo. They do an excellent job. They meet you at the bottom of the escalators to baggage pickup at Orlando International, with a sign with you name on it. While you’re waiting for your bags, they go and get the car and bring it to the taxi's pick up area. There's no fuss, no waiting for the Disney Express busses, no waiting while they drop other people off at other hotels. It’s much, faster and much nicer. Drivers are very friendly. They will make (a) stop for you at a grocery store if you need to, at no extra cost. Typically, on your return trip to the airport, they pick you up at your resort and you don't have to leave as early as if you take the Magical Express buss. You don't need to rent a car. Disney transportation is absolutely great. If you plan to go to Universal, or Sea World for a day, just take a cab. You can check the cost on the web. Happylimo.com. Normally, it cost around $120 including tip. We've done the magical express, and though it’s hard to beat free, considering how much you’re spending on the trip, we think spending a little more is well worth renting a limo/town car.