What is a navigator's verandah?

Presley

Mouseketeer
I see the staterooms with a navigator's verandah are much less expensive than those marked verandah. Does that just mean that they are at front of ship? Or, are they smaller? :confused3

I see the staterooms with a navigator's verandah are much less expensive than those marked verandah. Does that just mean that they are at front of ship? Or, are they smaller? :confused3

Instead of an open varandah with an entire landscape view of the sea, you have a large open-air window in a white wall. So, it's not completely open - your view is obstructed quite a bit. Hope that helps. :)

Instead of an open varandah with an entire landscape view of the sea, you have a large open-air window in a white wall. So, it's not completely open - your view is obstructed quite a bit. Hope that helps. :)

Pictures anywhere? :confused3

It helps, but a picture is worth a thousand words. :lmao:

Really, I would never be able to relax with a regular verandah. I would be worried that my husband or son would fall overboard. If the navigator's version would be able to set my mind at ease, I would consider booking it. Otherwise, we will stick with the window.

try searching for navigator verandah - there are lots of pictures out there but they cant be linked here. secret verandah will show you the aprtially blocked navigators.

It helps, but a picture is worth a thousand words. :lmao:

Really, I would never be able to relax with a regular verandah. I would be worried that my husband or son would fall overboard. If the navigator's version would be able to set my mind at ease, I would consider booking it. Otherwise, we will stick with the window.

I've never had a room with a verandah. Is it easy to fall overboard? Are the Navigator Verandahs that much safer?

I love an open verandah and we usually sail concierge, but let me tell you, by the time we booked our 2010 Baltic cruise, the only connecting rooms available were two Cat 7 rooms with the Navigator's verandahs. I was afraid I'd be disappointed with it, but we loved it. Loved the cozy enclosed feel, loved the protection from wind and rain, loved the little bench built in on the side. We did a lot of "viewing" the ocean. I spent a lot of time on that verandah.

I wouldn't hesitate to book it if you want a cheaper verandah.

I found some great pictures using google search and also a YouTube video of a nav's verandah on the Wonder.

It looks like a great choice for Alaska. It will allow some outdoor time without too much weather.

If I knew how to put a photo in my post, I'd put one in, but I'm clueless.

Do you have a photobucket account or something like that so you can link it? If so, just click the yellow square with a mountain in it (third from the right on the bottom row at the top). Then paste the direct link in there.

Here is what my image search turned up for a navigator's verandah
Navigatorsverandah.jpg

Here is the funny thing about this thread. I have been on four disney cruises in the last 3 years, but my first cruise was 10 years ago for our honeymoon. It was my first cruise, and really one of my first vacations that I planned on my own. I booked a navigator's verandah. Even after the cruise I never really understood what it was that made our room different from regular verandah's.

Now I know....nothing. We were obviously upgraded to a regular verandah, as our veranda was nothing like those pictured in this thread. I had no idea that we were upgraded...until today.

Amazing. Ever since that cruise I never understood what a Navigator's verandah was, even after staying in one. Now I know that I have not stayed in one...amazing.

Thanks for the thread...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter