What Is A Lodge Tower Room at GF?

Wish Upon A Star

DIS Veteran
Just curious . . .I read a bit about it on www.wdwig.com, but I'm still confused:confused:

Has anyone stayed in a Lodge Tower and what is the difference between that and a regular lagoon room?

These rooms are located in all the lodge buildings, and have garden views (pool or marina). They sleep 4, with two queen beds. In addition to standard room amenities, they also have an octagon sitting area with windows. Most of these rooms have a balcony.

No problem! ;)

Heres the floorplan for the lodge tower (this one shows a balcony, but some of them don't have one):
rsgfrmlay2zomimg.gif

Conch Key would get you a partial lagoon view, but you'd be looking at the edge of the Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge.

Thanks!:D

Which do you prefer? We stayed Lagoon View in Boca Chica in 1999 . . .

Making plans for an upcoming trip and I think we've narrowed it down to GF . . .just don't know if I want to do Lodge Tower or stick with my Lagoon . . .

Lodge Tower has no day bed, right? Wonder if I really need that extra sitting area . . .hmmm decisions, decisions :)

Well, how much time are you going to spend on your balcony? Do you have your heart set on a view of Cinderella's Castle? (1/3 of Lagoon View Rooms don't offer this view). Would you prefer to have a sitting area and an extra TV?

It's a tough choice, but I think I'd go with the lodge tower. I do love MK Views, though!

Stayed in a tower room in December. It was kind of nice having that extra room, especially since this was our first trip with DD (15 months at the time). I think my expectations of the extra room were a little much though. For some reason I had visions of if being double the size, and more segregated from the rest of the room. It was still nice though.

Not sure if I would pay $50 extra/nt again for it though (relative to a garden view rate).

Stayed in a tower room in December. It was kind of nice having that extra room, especially since this was our first trip with DD (15 months at the time). I think my expectations of the extra room were a little much though. For some reason I had visions of if being double the size, and more segregated from the rest of the room. It was still nice though.

Not sure if I would pay $50 extra/nt again for it though (relative to a garden view rate).

Thanks for ALL your help!!

We decided that we'd stick with just our normal Lagoon View because we really don't need that extra sitting area/tv . . .Hmmmm I'd much rather look at the MK (thanks CaliforniaDreaming :D)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter