What in involved in a DIS meet?

SUZI

Mouseketeer
I know it is a silly question, but I was curious what is involved in a DIS meet?
I tend to be quiet and not very extroverted so it would actually be nice to know some others on-board. However, I also don't want to commit to multiple planned daily DIS activities. OK, I admit it: this is my first cruise.

First you need to go to the Cruise Meet thread and find your sail date. It depends on the number of people and activity of your meet thread on how many activities you do. You can participate, but you are certainly not required.

On our cruise last March, we didn't have a lot of people on our meet thread. We agreed to meet the first day before the safety drill. About 4 of 5 of us showed up. That was our only planned event. We would run into each other during the week and it was nice to actually know somebody and wave a quick hi to. We actually had a DIS member as our neighbor on the cruise and my DD became fast friends with the DD of another DISer. In fact, we are hoping to meet up with them after our cruise in March as they are boarding the Magic the day we leave.

Some of us from our cruise meet thread decided to link our late dinner together - all 29 of us - we had 3 tables and 2 sets of servers - depending on what table you sat at each night

We all met at one lounge between boarding and safety drill

Some did excursions together or we would run into each other during the day off the ship and the same on the ship

It was fun at dinner sharing each other's experiences during the day comparing excursions etc then we would usually met up somewhere else after dinner for drinks etc

Thanks everyone! It really is a great idea to know some others on the ship, and the things you mentioned all sound fun.

You can be as involved - or uninvolved - as you'd like! :) However, it does totally enhance your cruise experience! It's really nice to meet everyone on the first day and then run into them during the course of your cruise.

You can be as involved - or uninvolved - as you'd like! :) However, it does totally enhance your cruise experience! It's really nice to meet everyone on the first day and then run into them during the course of your cruise.

---

...just read the jan 11th 2009 Disney Wonder cruise meets thread under Disney Cruises. We had over 15 ship cabins sign up for the Meet & greet (first night @ 10pm at the promenade Lounge) & had a total blast seeing the same people all throughout the cruise.

kris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter