What if our boarding group is the same time as a dining reservation?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
I’m sure this has been asked, but can’t seem to find it.
What do we do if we get a boarding group and it is called the same time as our dining reservation?
I know they used to give you 2 hours and now it’s 1.

I’m sure this has been asked, but can’t seem to find it.
What do we do if we get a boarding group and it is called the same time as our dining reservation?
I know they used to give you 2 hours and now it’s 1.
You should be fine.

I apologize, I know this is an old thread, but I have been wondering the same thing and searching this board for answers. Would anyone care to share any recent experiences with this? We’ve got a couple ADRs during our HS days but concerned that we’d possibly have to make a choice between paying the no-show fee or missing the ride if our BG gets called before or during our dining reservation time. Any advice? I saw another post where a guest said their server told them to show their receipt from the restaurant to the CM and they would be allowed on even if late. Curious if others have had that experience? Love our sit down meals in middle of the hot FL days and hate to give them up if we don’t have to but don’t want to end up being dinged for no-show. Thanks.

I also asked this question because we were 20 minutes late for a dining reservation because of a boarding group conflict in September 2019 and were seated at the restaurant, but grudgingly after another 30 minute wait. My daughter and her family were 20 minutes late for a boarding group in October 2020 because they had just been seated in the restaurant when their group was called, and they were welcomed at ROTR. I was told by the wise people in this group this happens frequently, and to keep your dining reservation and you will still be allowed to board even if the hour call back is up.

I apologize, I know this is an old thread, but I have been wondering the same thing and searching this board for answers. Would anyone care to share any recent experiences with this? We’ve got a couple ADRs during our HS days but concerned that we’d possibly have to make a choice between paying the no-show fee or missing the ride if our BG gets called before or during our dining reservation time. Any advice? I saw another post where a guest said their server told them to show their receipt from the restaurant to the CM and they would be allowed on even if late. Curious if others have had that experience? Love our sit down meals in middle of the hot FL days and hate to give them up if we don’t have to but don’t want to end up being dinged for no-show. Thanks.

there is no issue. Enjoy your meal, and head to the ride when you are done.

Unlike the FP+ system, the BG system is a flawed, temporary kludge that meshes horribly with the ADR system. I believe that most CMs are understanding of this and will accommodate guests who are forced to (1) makE ADRs for specific times 60 days ahead and (2) get a BG for an utterly unpredictable time to have any hope of riding RotR.

Back in November my boarding group was going to be called at the same time as my Savi's reservation. I asked a ROTR CM what I should do and they said I should do my reservation then come back. I did and it went great. :)

In December my group was called after I had checked in for my Prime Time ADR. The host told us to go ahead and ride and we ( a party of 3) would be placed on standby. When we got back we only had about a 10 minute wait to be seated.

So many of you handled this much better than we did. Our boarding group was called right as we were being seated, so we ATE FAST.

We were told that ADR's and Savi's/Droids were much more strict with the timing and BG's for Rise will be honored any time after your BG has been called. CM's said they have much more flexibility than the restaurants and specialty locations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!