What if I don't want to link a credit card to my room key?

minnierocks

DIS Veteran
I just tried to complete online check-in and it will not let me do so without adding a card to my reservation for charging privileges. We would prefer not to do that. Is there a way to avoid adding a card? It would not let me advance to the next page without adding credit card information/PIN. Thanks!

You have to leave a card on file at the front desk for room charges. It does not have to be linked to your room key. Just tell them when you check in.

You have to leave a card on file at the front desk for room charges. It does not have to be linked to your room key. Just tell them when you check in.

in 15+ trips, I have never given a credit card. I pay with Disney gift cards, and have never been asked to give a credit card.

I just tried to complete online check-in and it will not let me do so without adding a card to my reservation for charging privileges. We would prefer not to do that. Is there a way to avoid adding a card? It would not let me advance to the next page without adding credit card information/PIN. Thanks!

I've never done online check in so I can't comment on why it won't let you advance without putting in cc info, but putting a cc on file is optional. In all of our trips we have never done room charging and have never had to leave a cc at check in.

In order to do online check in, you must give a CC number. You can then change it upon check in and just use gift cards, cash etc.

We've never had charging on a KYTW card. I have not used the new online check in, but this was just an option before. We've never had to give one for room charges at check in. Maybe it is part of a new policy?? I'll be attempting our online check in on Friday.

Maybe it is part of a new policy?? I'll be attempting our online check in on Friday.

Yes, it is a new policy for online check-in. From reading posts on the DIS it started right around Thanksgiving.

But as others have stated, once you check in at the resort you can remove the ability of using you KTTW for charges.

Yes, it is a new policy for online check-in. From reading posts on the DIS it started right around Thanksgiving.

But as others have stated, once you check in at the resort you can remove the ability of using you KTTW for charges.

Thank you...this is exactly what I needed to know. We have never linked a card to our room and was not planning on doing so this time. So I just need to decide if I want to do online check-in or just wait and check-in when we arrive. If I have to take the time to undo the card, then checking in online may not really be a timesaver.

We check in Friday at BLT (staying on points). I did online check in on Feb. 5 and I DID NOT have to put a credit card on file for my online check in. It did ask for it and I skipped it and proceeded with the rest of my check in. I even did my request and printed everything out. Maybe it's because I'm on points:confused3. I just know I didn't leave a card on file. I also don't leave one when checking in. I pay whatever I owe when I check out.

You can buy a visa gift card in nominations of 25, 50, 100, 200, 500 whatever it be.

The computer will still recognize it to be a credit card nonetheless.

We check in Friday at BLT (staying on points). I did online check in on Feb. 5 and I DID NOT have to put a credit card on file for my online check in. It did ask for it and I skipped it and proceeded with the rest of my check in. I even did my request and printed everything out. Maybe it's because I'm on points:confused3. I just know I didn't leave a card on file. I also don't leave one when checking in. I pay whatever I owe when I check out.

I just had the same experience. Checked in online for a stay at POR in early March. I did not have to add the credit card info... the system let me skip that step.

All I know is that when I tried to skip that step it highlighted all my "missing" information in red...which was all the credit card info and PINS. It would not let me go to the next page. It is not that I don't have a card...I simply do not want a card linked to my Key to the World card. It's fine...no biggie...I will check-in when I get there. :goodvibes

All I know is that when I tried to skip that step it highlighted all my "missing" information in red...which was all the credit card info and PINS. It would not let me go to the next page. It is not that I don't have a card...I simply do not want a card linked to my Key to the World card. It's fine...no biggie...I will check-in when I get there. :goodvibes

I highly recommend you do on line check in. Give them the card # now then when you get there tell them you do not want charging priviledges. That's what I did and the time it saves is amazing. I was literally from the plane and in my room in an hour.
:banana::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter