What I think Disney should've done with New York Street/Streets of America

Elijah Abrams

Mouseketeer
I think Disney's Hollywood Studios should've kept New York Street/Streets of America alive by making it both part of the Backstage Studio Tour and open to pedestrian traffic from the day the park opened. In this scenario, a rule would've been made where guests must stay on the sidewalks of the area when exploring it ("No feet on the street!"). Crosswalks and traffic lights would've also been placed in the area, allowing pedestrians to cross the area's streets. This scenario would've also applied to the park's Residential Street (but with stopsigns instead of traffic lights).

Would the crosswalks have counted as attractions because they had a per-hour capacity? Hey, kids! Come try the CROSSWALK!

So the New York Street/Streets of America area and Backstage Studio Tour could last forever.
That area was usually deserted. There was no reason for Disney to continue to maintain a huge space that few guests ever bothered with.

I don't think crosswalks would have invigorated it. They really aren't that exciting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter