What hotel to stay at in Paris?

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
As a first Valentine's Day gift as a married couple I'm surprising DH with a whirlwind weekend trip to Paris. Going over Labor Day weekend to get an extra day from work. Leave after work on Friday, spend Saturday, Sunday and Monday and fly home Tuesday. Figure Saturday we'd hit up the highlights of Paris, Sunday go to Versailles and Monday go to Disneyland Paris. Tuesday's flight leaves at 3pm so could do a little more sightseeing in the morning before flying home. I'm trying figure out what hotel we should stay at and would love some suggestions. I'd like to stay somewhere really nice, but not The Ritz nice since it's crazy expensive. Probably somewhere close to one of the main things to see in Paris like Eiffel Tower or Louvre and close to train transportation to get to Versailles and Disneyland. Or at least close to one of these things lol. Any help would be awesome!

We'll be going over Easter. Staying at Hotel Regina in the city and Waldorf Astoria in Versailles. Surprisingly not super expensive!

Last edited:
We are going in June and booked Hotel Signature St Germain des pres, after much research. It's one of the top rated hotels on tripadvisor but small, not expensive, and in a great location.

I would recommend Hotel Atmosphere, on the left bank. It is in walking distance of Notre-Dame, Panthéon, or even the Louvre. There are an abundance of excellent restaurants a few seconds away. The included continental breakfast is pretty decent and they speak English at the front desk.

We loved the Westin Paris. Our room overlooked the Tulleries Gardens, the Louvre, the Seine, and the Eiffel Tower. Walking distance to most major attractions and wonderful English speaking staff. We booked a tour of Versailles through Viator and the bus picked up just a block away from the hotel.

Thanks everyone! I'll check these all out. I've also convinced DH to do an extra day so have even more time there I'm excited :)

I love staying on Ile St. Louis behind Notre Dame. It is one of my favorite areas in Paris, has great restaurants right there and is near some of my favorite ice cream, Berthillon. Their fruit flavors are delicious.

I like either Hotel Lutece or Hotel Saint-Louis en L'Isle. Both are three star hotels, with Hotel Lutece being just a tad bit fancier. Both have good breakfasts. The rooms are on the smallish size and these are more European style hotels. But the location is great!

Since we'll be there four nights, should we look into staying at one of the Disney hotels for a night? Or just take the train there and do just one hotel in Paris?

We'll be in Paris at the same time!

I haven't booked a hotel yet but I've been listening to the podcast Join Us in France and their website has a great list of recommendations. I also highly recommend the podcast as a planning tool!

We'll be in Paris at the same time!

I haven't booked a hotel yet but I've been listening to the podcast Join Us in France and their website has a great list of recommendations. I also highly recommend the podcast as a planning tool!
How fun! How long are you staying for? We're going to leave Thursday after work now to give us an extra day. I haven't really done any planning yet, got approval at work today to take the time off so we are going to book the plane tickets tonight then figure out an itinerary.

We'll be taking an overnight flight on Thursday and we'll be in the Paris area through the following Sunday. I also don't have anything booked yet. I'm waiting on some pricing for DLP to get back to me and I'm waiting for our flights to drop in price a little. We're planning on three days in Paris, three days in DLP, and three day-trips from Paris.

We'll be taking an overnight flight on Thursday and we'll be in the Paris area through the following Sunday. I also don't have anything booked yet. I'm waiting on some pricing for DLP to get back to me and I'm waiting for our flights to drop in price a little. We're planning on three days in Paris, three days in DLP, and three day-trips from Paris.
That sounds like a great trip! We had a lot of big trips planned for this year so couldn't take off much time so this holiday helps. If you're leaving from Miami you could possibly be on our plane lol. We're doing a condensed highlights trip and hit the ground running.

That sounds like a great trip! We had a lot of big trips planned for this year so couldn't take off much time so this holiday helps. If you're leaving from Miami you could possibly be on our plane lol. We're doing a condensed highlights trip and hit the ground running.
Haha you do have a lot of trips planned! I've read some of your TRs/PTRs and you'll definitely have a happy year full of travel :D

How many days are you planning to go to Disney? If only one, I'd take the train from Paris, if 2, I'd consider a Disney hotel. Know DLP only sells package deals, so you'll get at least two-day tickets included in your stay (unless you book somewhere else, like Expedia or booking.com)
We'll only be going for one day to Disney. The trip is too short to have half of it be at Disney. Is it easy to get there by train?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!