what happens to DVC points if we cannot travel due to covid at the last minute ?

scott236

Earning My Ears
Hi all
We have booked DVC accommodations for May 2022 and need to know if due to covid we cannot travel at the last minute would we lose those points used ?
Thanks
Scott

Hi all
We have booked DVC accommodations for May 2022 and need to know if due to covid we cannot travel at the last minute would we lose those points used ?
Thanks
Scott
You could cancel but points go into holding, or you could try and rent out the reservation.

Thanks for the quick reply, could you explain holding ? Ive been a member a while but never had this kind of issue !

I have two friends and each has cancelled an upcoming reservation. One was in January and the other in February and the cancellation was due to unwillingness to travel. Each friend talked with a sympathetic CM, and each was given leniency regarding their points, and neither had points go into holding and the points were allowed to be banked past deadlines.

We all are in US.

I would definitely give MS a call to explain your situation.

I agree with above poster. I had to cancel very last minute this past summer because of unforeseen circumstances. They were very willing to help me out. As I was able to travel the following month, they made some adjustments in the system and booked something for me to use the points then. They were incredibly helpful. I think it depends on the timing and who you get on the phone.

I was told no extensions beyond 31st May 2022 for my expiring Feb UY points, but maybe you have better luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter