What happens to DVC owners if Disney closes a resort?

ajiuo

Practically Perfect In Every Way
I remember a while back ago there was a lot of bogus rumors about Disneyland moving to Texas. I know that’s not likely to ever happen… but it kind of got me to thinking.

What if they did move and closed down the Grand Californian… or decided to close down any resort for that matter. What would happen to all of the DVC members who own their?

From my understanding, the resort can’t just be closed for no reason. However, if a resort is damaged, and not rebuilt, then owners share in the proceeds of the insurance.

Yeah, it's not so much a question of "close the resort."

But if DLR moved to Texas or something caused the WDW parks to be shut down for good...we would have some $1 timeshares to put on ebay...

It is part of the contract that things like "the parks being open" is not guaranteed. (Naturally some of these questions came up during the Pandemic when the parks were closed.)

DVC points subject to change? | The DIS Disney Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

Consult a lawyer. Or read the latest DVC documentation. A lot depends on the current state laws.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter