What happens if u don't like your resort?

Taratink

DIS Veteran
My husband asked me what would happen if we didn't like the resort we were staying at? I said I guess that we could switch if there were other resort rooms available. Our room is booked using the bdp code. Would that code transfer to the next resort? Would one have a problem with billing? Has anyone run into this? I think that he really wanted to stay at the Poly and is now having second thoughts. I am looking forward to our WL choice. I want him to be happy too.
Tara

If you do not like the resort, too bad is all they'll say. You can switch rooms, or buildings, if one is avaible :wizard: .

Dont' worry, you will LOVE the WL! It's sooo beautiful, you will not want to leave.... Now, if you really don't like it, like you said, switching resorts will depend on which rooms were available in your 2nd choice and they would transfer the codes only if there were rooms available for that code. That said, if you really do not like the resort and have a legitimate reason that can be explained to a manager, they might take pity on you and transfer you with the codes, but there's no guarantee that that would happen.

Good luck and let us know if you liked the WL when you get back.

Don't panic :D We have not stayed there but we did go through the lodge to look around. We also took the boat over to MK. It looked very pretty and although it would not be one of my first choices of where to stay, I'm sure i would be ok with it and find many things to love about it.
I hear that many people stayed there and didn't think they would like it and just fell in love with it.
I think you will be happy with any of the deluxes.
Relax and have fun!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

That very thing happened to us in Sept. We booked the Poly with a code. We got there stayed 3 nights and decided it just wasn't for us. So up to the front desk I went and told them the truth. Just didn't like it there. So we switched to the Yacht Club. We were allowed to use the same code and they transferred our luggage for us. The only bad thing that happened was they charged my credit card at the YC for the remainder of my stay the day we checked in there. It took the Poly almost a week to credit my credit card. So if you are on a budget, it might get tricky because it ties up your money. THey were suppose to transfer a credit for me to avoid that, but it didn't happen. That was the only problem, and even then, it wasn't really a problem. We liked the YC much better (no reason just preference). So it ended up being great.

They would try to help you move to another resort, but it would depend on availiblity at the other resort. There would be no guarantee you could move and use the same discount and if you moved from one resort to another even with a discount the rate could be different.

I've done it 3 times. The code has always switched over with me!! They are usually very happy to please you!! My only reason each time was preference...no issue's or bad service...just a bad fit for those specific trips.

Thanks for the imput guys. I have feeling that we will love the WL. Now I feel more comfortable that we have an out if it doesn't live up to my hubby's expectations.
Tara :wave:

Usually the hubbys like it, it is the women who think it is a bit dark and masculine. You should be fine!

As long as you upgrade, you can still use the code. You might try calling before your trip to see if there's any availability at the Poly if Hubby really wants to stay there (wait until the computers are back up though).

ANY resort is better than being home in an ice storm. I would gladly trade places with anybody anywhere at Disney World right now! :earboy2: Seriously though, unless there is an unusual problem or you are an extreme resort snob (which I'm sure you aren't), you will love your stay at WL.

This happened to us last year. We wanted to try POR (moderate) after only staying in deluxes. In less than an hour DH was able to get us a room back at our beloved GF, and they did honor the AP rate. We learned our lesson and won't ever try anything but deluxes again.

We stayed at the Grand Floridian a few years ago and I know you'll all think I'm crazy, but it just wasn't for us. We had a discount rate, and easily transferred to the Beach Club, which at the time was our favorite resort. I don't think we really disliked the Grand, we just missed the Beach Club. I know we really missed Stormalong Bay. Anyway, we transferred with no problem with our discount.

PamNC

I think you will like WL! It is one of our favorites! What sort of veiw do you have? We'l be there for the last 3 nights of our February vacation and we'l have a courtyard view! I love sitting on the balcony first thing and looking out at the courtyard! they have two great restaurants, and the food court has always been good to us! The boat to MK is one of hte best ways to get to MK. And then you'l also have the boat to Cont. resort and FW! We also realy like FW, Trails end buffet is one of the best values in all of WDW and only a quick boat rde from where you'll be! You;ll also have the option of the open air movie theatre that is offered at FW every night is a different movie! I think Wl is a good choice! Don't worry! Although if your not happy with the resort you choose I am not sure what Diseny would do, I imagine nothing!

We stayed at WL in 2003 and absolutely loved it. My husband especially loved it. The lodge is gorgeous and the rooms are nice. The boat transportation to MK is great. The restaurants are nice and the bus service to other resorts is very timely. No complaints here.

We had a room with a view of the fireworks at MK. It was great to relax in the room and watch them instead of being out in the crowds. I don't remember what room number it is, but it is worth asking for a room with water/woods view and a view of MK.

Yacht Club Guy said:
If you do not like the resort, too bad is all they'll say. You can switch rooms, or buildings, if one is avaible :wizard: .

This is actually very incorrect. If Disney has the capacity to move you to another resort, they will. This is more easily done in off/value season, but Disney will try to help you. The only time it becomes an issue, from what I have seen, is if the person requesting the change is nasty about it, then they only come across as attacking the CM and they are defensive and not as willing to help.

bytheblood said:
This is actually very incorrect. If Disney has the capacity to move you to another resort, they will. This is more easily done in off/value season, but Disney will try to help you. The only time it becomes an issue, from what I have seen, is if the person requesting the change is nasty about it, then they only come across as attacking the CM and they are defensive and not as willing to help.
bytheblood, that is what I meant, I was in a rush and put in bad wording. Anyways, trust me, you will have the greatest time there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter