What Happens at the Beach Club... Travels with Teens, Take Two, (PTR) 4/6 p. 29

Hmm.... I wonder if I should bother tying to keep up with another one of these trip reports.... I mean is anything even remotely interesting going to happen? And what about the people who were there... do I even know them?

It sounds like an awful lot of reading if you ask me. Nothing interesting or fun probably even happened! It's not like I was there and I could keep track of what was going on...

Nope.... probably not gonna read it. It doesn't concern me anyway so I should probably just mind my own bizness.

And as far as that picture was concerned you promised me you were going to bring that donkey... Buzzy was crushed when you went back on your promise.

Nope.... just for that I'm not reading this trip report ;)

~NM
PS. Nannette would have brought the donkey.... just sayin.....

Public Notice!!

Apparently there are pictures of me floating around on the interwebs. They may in fact appear in this trip report. Please know that I am much better looking in real life and in all probability the pictures that will appear in this trip report will have been heavily manipulated by a herd of monkeys pecking on typewriters with photoshoppass.

Thank you that is all.

~NM

I'm in :cool1:

I was totally gutted to arrive a day late for the meet, but did get to meet Ninjamom on more than one occasion!

I'm sorry you missed out! You would have been a welcome addition to our little group.

I think I may have just missed you at the resort on Tuesday. I was eeking out my last moments with a Mickey Bar dripping in on my hands and all over my suitcase while I waited for the Tragical Depress in 200 degree heat.

:mickeybar

Dee - you certainly had a busy morning before your flight. Darn DME and missing Teena by just that much. And the selfies and what use was made of them!! Wow, there are some very creative people. ; )

Rebecca

Well, on the plus side, I did have a meet up right after my arrival with two lovely ladies, so that was good.

:hug:

There is a very thin line between "creative" and "evil genius"

:rotfl:

Hmm.... I wonder if I should bother tying to keep up with another one of these trip reports.... I mean is anything even remotely interesting going to happen? And what about the people who were there... do I even know them?

It sounds like an awful lot of reading if you ask me. Nothing interesting or fun probably even happened! It's not like I was there and I could keep track of what was going on...

Nope.... probably not gonna read it. It doesn't concern me anyway so I should probably just mind my own bizness.

And as far as that picture was concerned you promised me you were going to bring that donkey... Buzzy was crushed when you went back on your promise.

Nope.... just for that I'm not reading this trip report ;)

~NM
PS. Nannette would have brought the donkey.... just sayin.....

:welcome: ???

You will have to make your own choice about whether to stay or go, but I can try to tempt you with some racy photos coming up of me and Buzzy.

They will be all the buzz, but you know what, it was just a fly-by-night encounter. That little twerp has not called me once! He may still be mad that I didn't bring the donkey. I tried, but he was stopped by TSA at the airport. They hauled him off accusing him of being a "mule" trying to smuggle contraband.

Maybe next time.

:lmao:

Public Notice!!

Apparently there are pictures of me floating around on the interwebs. They may in fact appear in this trip report. Please know that I am much better looking in real life and in all probability the pictures that will appear in this trip report will have been heavily manipulated by a herd of monkeys pecking on typewriters with photoshoppass.

Thank you that is all.

~NM

Ditto on this when I post the picture of our first encounter!

:scared1:

Ditto on this when I post the picture of our first encounter!

Hurry up and POST!!!!

Thanks for keeping the interest up on this for us. Despite what NM has to say, I will be wating for the rest of these installments.

Katesdad

I'm here! Almost missed the Facebook post but I spotted it today. Yayyyy!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hopping over to this thread too Dee! Ha, Ha I love that your animal selfie was posted up at Magical Express! Sounds like this is going to be an awesome meet with a fun bunch of ladies :cool1:

I'm finally in on this trip report. It has taken me a bit to settle in at home to the point where I can catch up on my DISing.

Can't wait to read more about your highlights of this whirlwind trip.

Loved meeting you in person. So wish we could have spent more time together, since we would have had great fun!

You lucked out with your roomies. Rebecca and her mom were so great.

And I'm still laughing at the ME poster. I laughed so hard as we were walking up to the BC queue. I know my name was on the signature, but it was still a surprise to see it posted. :rotfl2: That really set the tone for the days ahead.

Will be anxiously waiting for more stories...

Hurry up and POST!!!!

Thanks for keeping the interest up on this for us. Despite what NM has to say, I will be wating for the rest of these installments.

Katesdad

I'll do the best I can- I'll have the post about our room up in the next day or so.

:thumbsup2

I'm here! Almost missed the Facebook post but I spotted it today. Yayyyy!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

:welcome: Wendy!

So glad that you are here!

:cool1:

Hopping over to this thread too Dee! Ha, Ha I love that your animal selfie was posted up at Magical Express! Sounds like this is going to be an awesome meet with a fun bunch of ladies :cool1:

:welcome:

I'm so glad you decided to join in!

Not everyone has their own personal greeting/welcome mat at ME.

I had an amazing time with a fantastic group of people who share my love *cough* obsession *cough* with Disney and the Y&B resort.

:woohoo:

I'm finally in on this trip report. It has taken me a bit to settle in at home to the point where I can catch up on my DISing.

Can't wait to read more about your highlights of this whirlwind trip.

Loved meeting you in person. So wish we could have spent more time together, since we would have had great fun!

You lucked out with your roomies. Rebecca and her mom were so great.

And I'm still laughing at the ME poster. I laughed so hard as we were walking up to the BC queue. I know my name was on the signature, but it was still a surprise to see it posted. :rotfl2: That really set the tone for the days ahead.

Will be anxiously waiting for more stories...

It was fantastic to meet and laugh with you. We are of one mind (no, Ninja, I don't mean we share a single brain between us). We really have similar senses of humour.

I totally won the roommate lottery! Rebecca and her mom were generous, gracious and a whole lot of fun!

The posters: Who does that?!?

Joining in!

Thanks for following along!

:yay:

Your selfie practice pictures were pretty darn good for someone who is out of the selfie demographic (by the way, I can't take a selfie worth a darn. :sad2:) Oh my gosh, I am laughing like crazy at the "wanted" posters that your fellow Disers posted. Hilarious!

I knew there was another thing that went wrong the morning I left for the airport- I have edited this into my story:

I went to get a gallon of milk from the spare refrigerator in the basement. I looked at it and I could see layers through the plastic. I thought to myself "That's probably not good!". A couple of weeks ago, we had a gallon of milk that tasted a bit "off". Then last week, we had one with chunks- ick! I thought it was just bad milk karma, but turns out the fridge was not working. The top freezer was ok, but the fridge was room temp. Well, guess that is something Mark will have to deal with.

:sick:

I've missed out on some of your other TR's, so it's not going to happen this time. Yay for being on time!! :lmao:

No kids in the boarding area for a Disney trip would be slightly unsettling. Haha. I would totally question if I was at the right gate!

Aww, you missed Teena by 10 minutes! So close yet so far, right?

That is hysterical! The posting of your pictures at the ME line! I'm going to have to remember something like that for the future.

:rotfl2::rotfl:Love it all-enough said!:rotfl2::rotfl:

Thank you!!!

:goodvibes

Your selfie practice pictures were pretty darn good for someone who is out of the selfie demographic (by the way, I can't take a selfie worth a darn. :sad2:) Oh my gosh, I am laughing like crazy at the "wanted" posters that your fellow Disers posted. Hilarious!

Those were the good ones. I probably should have posted my selfie out-takes, too. Not so good! :rolleyes1

That was a pretty funny ME greeting. Too bad I didn't see it, but at least someone did!

:lmao:

I've missed out on some of your other TR's, so it's not going to happen this time. Yay for being on time!! :lmao:

No kids in the boarding area for a Disney trip would be slightly unsettling. Haha. I would totally question if I was at the right gate!

Aww, you missed Teena by 10 minutes! So close yet so far, right?

That is hysterical! The posting of your pictures at the ME line! I'm going to have to remember something like that for the future.

I'm honored to have you here! Like they say on the planes

"We know you have a lot of choices in your trip report reading. Thank you for flying with us!"

I was seriously thinking "Who are all these people without kids going to Orlando?" And then I looked in a mirror.

Time of day probably had a lot to do with it. I know when my family travels to Disney we go as early in the day as possible.

Spoiler alert: I wish it was the same case on the flight coming home!

I had started to get my hopes up that I would see Teena... :( but tomorrow is another day!

That was a pretty funny antic in the ME line. Ooohhh... I wonder who your victims might be in the future!

Ninja Mom is one funny lady! I was laughing while reading that part of your installment! Looking forward to more...

Kerry

SUBBING!! and I wanted to say THANK YOU for all your hard work on the BC info thread - we stayed at BC on our last trip and it was SO helpful to find all the information right there!! We are planning on the BWI next trip, but I'll be able to look fondly upon the BC across the water!

BTW, Great trip report!!

Ninja Mom is one funny lady! I was laughing while reading that part of your installment! Looking forward to more...

Kerry

She really is!!!

It was nice meeting her in person and hanging out together.

I'll have an update ready for tomorrow morning- my typical photo review of the room post.

SUBBING!! and I wanted to say THANK YOU for all your hard work on the BC info thread - we stayed at BC on our last trip and it was SO helpful to find all the information right there!! We are planning on the BWI next trip, but I'll be able to look fondly upon the BC across the water!

BTW, Great trip report!!

:welcome: and thank you so much for the kind words.

The Beach & Yacht Club FAQ is a very special thread- there is so much information there because of the fun and friendly atmosphere. Guests who love the resort stick around and continue to post long after their trips for the camaraderie. And that is how things like this meet- the 5th annual- happen.

I can't wait to share mpre of the fun times from this trip.

Enjoy your stay "across the pond". The location of the EPCOT resorts can not be beat!

:woohoo:

After discovering that Teena had, in fact, left the building, the next thing for me to do was find my room and drop off my bags.

Rebecca had texted me the room number earlier in the day and I would be putting this whole linked reservation/Magic Band thing to the test.

I followed the signs to the room, and as I was approaching my destination, two lovely ladies were walking in the hallway towards me. It was my roommates, Rebecca and her mom, Carol!

They accompanied me back to the room, where my Magic Band successfully opened the door. We introduced ourselves and got acquainted. As suspected, we hit it off immediately. This arrangement is going to work out nicely!!!

They were headed out to dinner (La Hacienda, JEALOUS!!!) and we made plans to connect after Illuminations to decide if we would like to go back to the room, go for a swim in the pool or sit down somewhere for a drink.

I stayed in the room, set up my phone to charge since the battery was running low and did what any responsible DISser (especially one who manages a certain thread) would do in this situation.

Snap! Snap! Snap!!!

I will post the obligatory pictures of our room in the next post so I can link the room pictures to the thread without including the chit-chat.

Pictures of Room 4581
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=52159888&postcount=59
Click Here

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter