What Happens at the Beach Club... Travels with Teens, Take Two, (PTR) 4/6 p. 29

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
Who: Dee, a wife and mom of two teenaged boys, flying solo this time but surrounded by a cast of crazy characters :dance3:

As soon as I have a copy of a picture from the meet, I will post it here:

Front Row: Mommyrosa2, Natebenma, Disneymomx7, YCFan, JanetMom holding Buzzy, ScottMC, TeenaS (with Presidential Award), ~NM
Back Row: TaraK, YCFan's Son A., Carol (HockeyMomR's Mom), HockeyMomR, The Magical One, JNPants

What: 5th Annual Beach & Yacht Club FAQ forum DIS meet

Where: The Beach Club, of course!

When: Monday August 18

Why:

As the manager of the awesome Beach and Yacht Club FAQ thread here on the DIS, I have attended the 4 previous BC/YC DISmeets. Not in person. In flat form. I sent a poster or picture of myself, sometimes accompanied by other forum friends who couldn’t attend, and someone would hold the picture up for the official photo.

2013:

2012:

DisMeet2012.jpg

2011: Nanny Shower

groupshot.jpg

2010:

DISmeet.jpg

A lot of us on the FAQ thread group have been friends for a long time, but have never actually met face-to-face or we have only seen each other once or twice. Some in our group have recently endured some really rough years. A few things have been shared publicly on the boards and forums here, but others have only disclosed some of the struggles they are going through privately amongst friends. We have become an important online/offline support group for one another. I needed to be at the meet to give and get hugs!

:grouphug:

How:

Well, as most of you know, my family just returned from a 2 week Trip-of-a-Lifetime to Disneyland and Hawaii a few weeks ago. It was really difficult for me to justify the need, expense or the frivolity, really, of going on another trip so soon.

But as spring approached, more and more dominoes were falling. Each week, someone new would succumb to peer-pressure and announce they were coming to meet this year.

A few months ago, I received a private message from one of my first DISfriends, HockeyMomR (Rebecca). And I quote

“I know you don't know me, but if you are interested and would be comfortable you could stay with me and my mom. Hope you don't think I am crazy for asking you. Would be great to meet you.”

Wow! What a thoughtful and generous offer! I am so glad I accepted. We had a blast together! I also loved telling people I was going to Disney (alone) and staying with a woman from the internet that I have never met.

On Mother’s Day, I told Mark- “Do you know what I really want for Mother’s Day? To attend the DisMeet in August”.

We booked a ticket on Southwest to Florida that morning.

Originally, I was only going to fly in for the meet, arriving Sunday night, staying all day Monday at the resort and then flying out Tuesday morning. I wasn’t planning on going to the theme parks. But a week before the trip (1 WEEK) one of my friends offered me two park tickets she had that were expiring in September.

I changed my flight to Tuesday night, booked Fast Passes for Monday afternoon at EPCOT and Tuesday morning at MK.

Everything was falling into place!

My bag is packed and I’m ready to go. Next stop is the Manchester, NH airport:

Is this an airport or a morgue? And who is taunting me at Magical Express? (With Friends Like These...) :sad2:
Click On Link For Next Post

Preview of Coming Attractions/Table of Contents

Sunday August 17- Arrival

Is this an airport or a morgue? And who is taunting me at Magical Express? (With friends like these...):sad2:(Will I arrive in time to be greeted by a dear friend?)

Let Us Show You to Our Room
Room 4581
OPA!
Fireworks as Far as the Eye Can See
Sunken Treasure with a Treasured Friend and Late Night PJ Party (This is NOT a drill!)

Monday August 18- EPCOT/MEET DAY!

Early Morning Walkabout, Part 1
Early morning Walkabout, Part 2
The Breakfast Club
No Neater Greeter and Stormalong Bay Synchronized Pool Tube Team
A Peek at the Presidential Suite

EPCOT
Future World:

Don't Tell Ben
Big Kid Alert and The Salad I Dream About
Vroom! Vroom!

Around the World:
You Are Not the First, But You Vill Be (one of) the Last
Don’t Stop the World (I’ll Melt With You), Part 1
Don't Stop the World (I'll Melt With You), Part 2
EPCOT Photopass Pictures

Back to BC
Somewhere Down the Lazy River
EPIC DISMeet!
The Rest of the Night:The Crew at Crew’s Cup, Damn! This traffic jam, Stumbling onto a Secret and Slumber Party: A 5 year old Promise Fulfilled

Tuesday August 19-Magic Kingdom, SAB, Return Home

"Waiter, There’s a Fly in My Breakfast!"

"Solo" at the Magic Kingdom (Fancy Meeting You Here)
Meandering on Main Street, Strolling to the Castle, Part 1
Meandering on Main Street, Strolling to the Castle, Part 2
Gimme An ARGH! Gimme Another ARGH!
It IS a Small World After All!
More IASW and I Won’t Grow Up!
Be My Guest, Part 1
Be My Guest, Part 2
The Selfie Caption That Got Me Into Trouble (Mildest Ride in the Wilderness) and Mine! Mine! Mine! (Are You Following Me?)
Final Magic Moments

Beach Club/Journey Home
Let It Slide
The Journey Home: Tragical Depress, The Cruelest Ride of All; More Meets at MCO; Home Again

Recipes for Pastitsio and Cinnamon Stewed Chicken

Last edited:

One of the first TR's that I may consider painful. (because I wasn't there :sad:!

That was so nice to have all the pieces fall in place for you for this trip. ::yes:: I would have joined you, too, if I could have gotten away from work. :badpc:

I can't wait to hear all the details. :)

I'm in! Can't wait to read the details of the DIS social event if the season!

I'm in! Looking forward to reading about your trip and the big meet. And I even made it in your first installment!! Dee, that's a lot of Chapters!!

I still need to meet the real Dee!

Kerry

I'm here! Looking forward to the pictures! It really was so much fun.

Oh and room 4581. : )

Rebecca

Yay I'm here :)
Going bsck to read :)

:welcome:

So glad you are here!

:goodvibes

Oooh and i'm first :)
Loving it all :)

First and Second!

;)

One of the first TR's that I may consider painful. (because I wasn't there :sad:!

We truly missed you! :(

:hug:

That was so nice to have all the pieces fall in place for you for this trip. ::yes:: I would have joined you, too, if I could have gotten away from work. :badpc:

I can't wait to hear all the details. :)

Darn work!!!

Can't wait to share the experiences of the trip. You can't make this stuff up!

:rotfl2:

Great start Dee. Can't wait to read the rest.

:welcome: and Thank You!

:)

I'm in! Can't wait to read the details of the DIS social event if the season!

It was a scene, man!

:lmao:

I'm in! Looking forward to reading about your trip and the big meet. And I even made it in your first installment!! Dee, that's a lot of Chapters!!

I still need to meet the real Dee!

Kerry

I know- you were there when it all began. Who knew?

Would love to meet you someday!

Signing up!

Glad you are here.

I'm here! Looking forward to the pictures! It really was so much fun.

Oh and room 4581. : )

Rebecca

It was a blast!

Wait till you see the pictures from the SAB Synchronized Pool Team practice session.

:sad2:

And thanks for the correction on the room number. I knew I had it wrong, and was going to go back and check my picture to confirm, then I forgot.

:rotfl:

I'm here! How wonderful that you were able to attend in person and not by poster/picture.

I was actually going to bring a picture of me holding a picture of me to the meet for the picture but that was too complicated and I ran out of time.

:rotfl:

I'm in! Can't wait to read more :thumbsup2

Thanks for joining in!

That explains why I couldn't find a room 4521 on the room map. ;)

I forgot that I had a bunch of fact-checkers following along! Loved the room we ended up with- full balcony, daybed, overlooking the volleyball court and Crescent Lake beyond.

:thumbsup2

You better be, my friend!

I, like Mike wish I were there for this one! This just means it has to be done all over again next year!!

Can't wait to read about all the fun!

~N

Aww Dee, I just love everything about this. Major DISmeet that you're FINALLY attending. Sharing a room with a DISer you hadn't even met in person. Mother's Day gift! Ahhhh, just so wonderful. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts