What Happens at the Beach Club... Travels with Teens, Take Two, (PTR) 4/6 p. 29

Cant believe your TR is almost at an end :sad2: Love the ride photos and whew so glad you made the peoplemover-viewing the photos it was almost like I was there with you (even Amanda's stinky cars-which is how I always think of them since I read that in one of her TR from long,long ago lol).
I could feel your pain as you were leaving the park for the final time-always bittersweet :sad2:
But hey you got to jam more than thought possible into a short trip (33 chapters worth:rotfl:) and to meet many friends so what's not to love ;)

It wasn't until I joined the Dis forums that I realized that there were a lot of people who loved the TTC as much as we do. It is the one ride we always have to ride - multiple times.
You are not alone. It is something we do every time we are in the MK (which isn't necessarily every trip). And sorry to say, CofP is also on the must-do list when we are on that side of the park. It is just one of those things that brings back very good memories of when we were in the park with my mom and dad back in the late 70's.

Dee, I have to say I got a little nervous when you delayed your departure from the MK like you did and then ended up waiting so long for the bus. DW and I are ones that do not handle departure well (coming or going). We usually want to be in place early so we don't have to rush at that last minute to get to the airport.

Katesdad

I love how many TR chapters you have managed to squeeze out of such a short trip. You are almost inspiring me to get back to work on my trip report.

A wise decision to head back for the People Mover, it is a great ride and a nice calm way to end your trip.

It was so great running into you at the bus stop. I loved that we had those extra moments to get to know each other.

And finally, yes it was HOT!!!

It wasn't until I joined the Dis forums that I realized that there were a lot of people who loved the TTC as much as we do. It is the one ride we always have to ride - multiple times. Since it is usually a walk on I assumed that it wasn't appreciated by the masses. But obviously the fan club for this ride is pretty big.

The long wait times for a bus back to BC can be very annoying. It usually only happens in that dead time of the afternoon, usually between 2 and 3 pm, when the bus drivers have a shift change and the new driver has to do a quick maintenance check. It is one of the reasons we like taking the monorail to Epcot and walking through the park to the BC.

The People Mover/TTA certainly has a loyal following! I remember the uproar when they changed some of the soundtrack of the ride- Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow and Saturn, your party is waiting. You should give them a ring.

But now I'm trying to remember, are those missing again?

Yes, I think we have waited for buses a couple of times going from the MK to BC, like you said, in the afternoon. Usually we take the monorail back, not because we are avoiding the bus, but because we enjoy the experience.

:thumbsup2

Not gonna lie Dee. When you get the top of the page all to yourself... you take it!

Phew, glad you made the PeopleMover. Catastrophe averted.

Oh boy do I fully understand how hard it is to leave. Magic Kingdom especially for me. It's just so unlike any other place (not named Disneyland). :goodvibes

Yup, learned that one from Glenn. By the way- didn't he used to write trip reports on the DIS?

If I had walked out of the park and then realized I missed the Peoplemover (and Tomorrowland) I would have been kicking myself!!!

Now that you mention it, there is a slight resemblance between Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom. I wonder if they are run by the same folks.

;)

Wow....that was a close one Dee. I can't imagine NOT riding the Peoplemover at least once on a trip. And great pictures as you rested your feet on the ride.

I love your pictures down Main Street.

That is too bad that the picture at the top of the train station came out dark because it really is a great background.

And therein lied my problem with the Beach Club...the bus wait. I have never had that issue at any other resort. An dit wasn't just once, it was every day of the trip. But if we can get a room, we will be staying there in October...but using our car.

Let It Slide...yep, I'm guessing you had time to go swim.

I know! The Peoplemover (or in the case of my solo trip) Personmover is a must do. We were so disappointed several years ago when the ride was down for refurbishment. Space Mountain- I can get over it. But not the TTA!!!

No pretty manicure in the picture. Disney=sneakers for me.

I like the Main Street pictures, too, and I'm glad I took some time to climb up and view it from the train station platform.

This was the longest wait I have had with a BC bus (except for the DTD buses but that's a whole 'nother story). I have never had an issue first thing in the morning with buses from BC to the parks. I think the afternoon tends to have some longer wait times, but we rarely take the buses back from a park to the resort. Usually, we end up either taking the monorail to EP from MK, or if we are at Animal Kingdom, we have other destinations before returning to the resort. And then HS is either a walk or boat ride.

If you do give BC another shot, I hope that it doesn't disappoint!

Or you should go at the same time as Janetmom. She has good bus karma!

Nice interpretation of the next chapter. I do indeed make a splash at SAB.

:goodvibes

Cant believe your TR is almost at an end :sad2: Love the ride photos and whew so glad you made the peoplemover-viewing the photos it was almost like I was there with you (even Amanda's stinky cars-which is how I always think of them since I read that in one of her TR from long,long ago lol).
I could feel your pain as you were leaving the park for the final time-always bittersweet :sad2:
But hey you got to jam more than thought possible into a short trip (33 chapters worth:rotfl:) and to meet many friends so what's not to love ;)

:lmao: I always think of them as the "stinky cars" too, from Amanda's reports.

Always sad to be leaving the Magic Kingdom for the last time during a trip. Knowing I will be back with Ben and his friends soon, though, helps!

Looking (and writing) back, I really did jam a lot into that trip. I had a really, really great time!

:cheer2:

You are not alone. It is something we do every time we are in the MK (which isn't necessarily every trip). And sorry to say, CofP is also on the must-do list when we are on that side of the park. It is just one of those things that brings back very good memories of when we were in the park with my mom and dad back in the late 70's.

Dee, I have to say I got a little nervous when you delayed your departure from the MK like you did and then ended up waiting so long for the bus. DW and I are ones that do not handle departure well (coming or going). We usually want to be in place early so we don't have to rush at that last minute to get to the airport.

Katesdad

Love the TTA! We did the CoP on our last family trip, but it is not one we are compelled to go on often.

I knew I would make it back in time for the Tragical Depress, but I never could have added those extra things if Mark had been with me. He gets a little wired up on departure day, so the wait for the bus would have stressed him out.

::yes::

I love how many TR chapters you have managed to squeeze out of such a short trip. You are almost inspiring me to get back to work on my trip report.

A wise decision to head back for the People Mover, it is a great ride and a nice calm way to end your trip.

It was so great running into you at the bus stop. I loved that we had those extra moments to get to know each other.

And finally, yes it was HOT!!!

You know, if I threw in a couple of chapters of goat stories, I could probably stretch the report to 40 chapters.

Hmmmm...

I'm glad we were at the bus stop together, especially since your appearance coincided with the bus showing up! Oh, what fun we had together!

Was it HOT? I hadn't noticed.

:scared:

Dee- I am catching up. Yes! To Peoplemover. This was the last thing we did at MK on our last day this past trip. Ahhhh

You have done a fine job stretching this report. I love it!

Rebecca

I seem to recall that sounds right. :scratchin Once upon a time. :p :lmao: Not gonna lie, I stole that trick from Glenn too!!

I don't plan for it, but it happened over on my DL trip report yesterday.

:laughing:

Dee- I am catching up. Yes! To Peoplemover. This was the last thing we did at MK on our last day this past trip. Ahhhh

You have done a fine job stretching this report. I love it!

Rebecca

It is great that there never seems to be a long wait time for this fantastic, laid-back attraction. Definitely a favorite! I can't remember if I already wrote already that one year I was more disappointed about the TTA being down than I was about the Space Mountain refurb going on at the same time.

Going to try to post my SAB post today and then we will be down to one more update...

Not sure how (or if) I will try stretching the report out... maybe with pre trip report teasers for our Feb Darkside trip, the June Disney class trip or our Super-Secret-Summer-Never-Been-There-Before-Family-Vacation

:stir:

As Kathy correctly guessed, I did indeed have time for a swim before leaving for the airport.

I retrieved my swimsuit from the carryon I had stowed with Bell Services.

Since we were checked out of our room already, I had to find a place to change. As many of you know from recent reports on the Beach & Yacht Club FAQ thread, only spa guests are permitted to use the changing rooms, lockers and showers in the health club now.

Pretty bogus policy, if you ask me!

Fortunately, the bathroom in the hallway near the entrance to Stormalong Bay is large, clean and usually not crowded.

I changed and then stowed my stuff in the new lockers that have been installed near Beaches & Cream.

It was about 2:15, would I possibly find a chair for my stuff?

Answer is, “Yes!” Right at the entrance there were a few empty chairs (that is my folded towel on the first chair).

I found a few more empty chairs during my time there.

I walked by the lazy river. I had already spent a lot of time during this trip floating around, so I wanted to do something different.

I was headed here:

These are some of the views you get from the stairway up to the top of the slide

Here I gooooooooooo!

Into the light

"Woman Takes Selfie on the Way to Heaven"
credit to ~NM

I decided to slide again. On my way, I made sure to spend some time taking pictures of the kiddie pool area and slide that are at the base of the Jib Slide.

And now a few pictures of the Beach Club beach.

With that, my afternoon swim and photo shoot were completed and it was sadly time to get ready to go home, although I was looking forward to seeing my family.

I have one more update to go, so don’t abandon me just yet. I still have two more meets with DIS friends, and it doesn’t happen at the Beach Club!

Next Up: The Cruelest Ride of All

Click here for the next update

Oh My Goodness Dee those photos just make me want to jump right in to SAB :love: I would love to be there right now instead sitting here on a rainy day with a sore throat and achy cold making itself felt in my bones :(
Thanks for taking us all on your trip. Totally agree that the new pool changing policy is a bit of a rip-off but at least there are now new lockers to store your stuff ::yes::
Definitely sticking around to see who, what, where and when you meet up and I will even accompany you on the most tragic trip of all (out of the kindness of my heart you understand ;)).

What a great way to spend those last moments at the Beach Club! I've said it before but I would love to stay at the Beach Club one day (probably not until my ship comes in) because itis absolutely beautiful.

the mine train was still not running:

ahem, in this shot the mine train is obviosult still running... It's just that all the people fell out

this is where i made a couple of mistakes…

based on past reviews i have read, the braised pork was probably my best bet. But i was still full from breakfast and it was so brutally hot that i decided to go for something lighter. I ordered the tuna nicoise salad and the tropical fruit cream puff because i absolutely adore passion fruit.

this is where i do my traditional "i told you so" dance...

and finally, on the way out of the restaurant, we confirmed that the emperor has no clothes. I mean, the prince still does not have pants. Something like that.

he is, apparently, wearing his purple tighty... Um... Whiteys!

~nm

So I went to bus stop to wait. And wait I did! It was probably 35 minutes or so, with no bus for the Beach Club appearing.

As I was waiting, I saw some familiar faces approaching the stop- Janet and her husband were ready to head back to the Beach Club after their (hot) morning at Magic Kingdom on the Keys to the Kingdom Tour. I said that I hoped they had good bus karma, and guess what?

They do!

Along came a bus.

It was nice to share the ride back talking to them. When we arrived at the Beach Club and got off the bus, we passed by Ninja Mom who was waiting for the bus to the MK for the evening. We said quick hellos, and walked toward the lobby entrance.

And ran into Rebecca and her mom, who were waiting for that cruelest ride of all, the Tragical Depress.

We said “final” goodbyes.

You are such a celebrity name dropper!

This is like the picture you see right before you get to heaven. All you need to do is photoshop a toe tag in there and you can sell it to the National Enquirer with the headline "Woman takes selfie on the way to heaven".

~NM

That is pretty cool to get in one last slide at SAB before leaving. And even after spending some time at Magic Kingdom as well. Not too shabby at all. :goodvibes

But I have to add that your not being able to use the changing area is just plain wrong. Don't they know how much you promote that place??? ;)

:yay::yay::yay: I was right and you got a quick swim in.

Love the pictures as you went down the slide (I never did get down that slide).

I do love that beach area there. I'm so torn what to do in October. I've heard that the Villas are going to get refurbbed right around that time. :confused3

Oh My Goodness Dee those photos just make me want to jump right in to SAB :love: I would love to be there right now instead sitting here on a rainy day with a sore throat and achy cold making itself felt in my bones :(
Thanks for taking us all on your trip. Totally agree that the new pool changing policy is a bit of a rip-off but at least there are now new lockers to store your stuff ::yes::
Definitely sticking around to see who, what, where and when you meet up and I will even accompany you on the most tragic trip of all (out of the kindness of my heart you understand ;)).

I know, right!?! It has been cold and rainy here for days. We finally saw the sun for a few minutes yesterday, though.

Hope you are feeling better today!

I am seriously disappointed in the changing room policy. I believe that the spa is independently run, but that is no reason to inconvenience guests of the resort who have paid a pretty penny to stay there!

Sorry to subject you to joining me on that sad ride, and my flight home is even worse, but it is all part of the story!

:)

What a great way to spend those last moments at the Beach Club! I've said it before but I would love to stay at the Beach Club one day (probably not until my ship comes in) because itis absolutely beautiful.

My husband won't go to the pool on departure day, so this was something I got to do because I was solo.

I am giggling about this comment on the day you posted your review of the CBR. Not sure if I am permitted to post the link, but I will try. :goodvibes

A Tropical Paradise in the Middle of "the World"

Dee: The mine train was still not running:

~NM: ahem, in this shot the mine train is obviously still running... It's just that all the people fell out

Dee: this is where I made a couple of mistakes…

based on past reviews I have read, the braised pork was probably my best bet. But i was still full from breakfast and it was so brutally hot that i decided to go for something lighter. I ordered the tuna nicoise salad and the tropical fruit cream puff because i absolutely adore passion fruit.

~NM: this is where i do my traditional "i told you so" dance...

Dee: And finally, on the way out of the restaurant, we confirmed that the emperor has no clothes. I mean, the prince still does not have pants. Something like that.

~NM: he is, apparently, wearing his purple tighty... Um... Whiteys!

~nm

Funny- you are absolutely correct, the cars were running.

It's actually YOUR fault I didn't have the pork! I was too full from our breakfast together.

Cinderella and her sewing mice should probably do a mending job on PC's tighty whiteys. There appears to be a hole.

You are such a celebrity name dropper!

~NM

Gonna be doing more of that in the next update!

:cool2:

This is like the picture you see right before you get to heaven. All you need to do is photoshop a toe tag in there and you can sell it to the National Enquirer with the headline "Woman takes selfie on the way to heaven".
~NM

I'll edit that comment into my report! :rotfl2:

That is pretty cool to get in one last slide at SAB before leaving. And even after spending some time at Magic Kingdom as well. Not too shabby at all. :goodvibes

But I have to add that your not being able to use the changing area is just plain wrong. Don't they know how much you promote that place??? ;)

It was another great day! I slammed a lot of fun into a trip that was only 48 Hours. Hmmm... That would make a great movie, wouldn't it?

Well, it is not just me that has restricted access- they exclude all of the riff raff. I think it is a VERY poor policy from a public relations standpoint.

:sad2:

:yay::yay::yay: I was right and you got a quick swim in.

Love the pictures as you went down the slide (I never did get down that slide).

I do love that beach area there. I'm so torn what to do in October. I've heard that the Villas are going to get refurbbed right around that time. :confused3

Swim, I did.

This is the camera that can take videos and pictures at the same time and I actually took a video as I was going down the slide but for some reason it is in super slow motion and as I tried to watch it, it even lost my interest after the first 20 seconds.

As I mentioned on Facebook, this is a really tough decision because we don't have a lot of info yet about the scope or timetable of the work on the villas, but I will keep you posted on what I know.

As I mentioned on Facebook, this is a really tough decision because we don't have a lot of info yet about the scope or timetable of the work on the villas, but I will keep you posted on what I know.

I will check with you before my 7 month mark (which will be March 18).

As you slooooowly wrap up your two day stay I just want to say thanks for taking us along and for all the time you spent taking the pictures so we can experience the trip vicariously through your lense. It's been a real pleasure.

Katesdad

Got behind this week!

Love all the pictures you took from the Blue Line! What a gorgeous day!

Boo for waiting 35 minutes for a bus! That's a drag. Good thing someone with good bus karma came along!

Love all the pictures from SAB! I love that you took pictures from the slide. I am definitely not brave enough to ride the slide or take pictures from up there. What a great perspective.

So glad you got some swimming in before having to head home. And boo for heading home, but yay for seeing your family again!

You took some very nice pictures of the kiddie pool area at the slide entrance. It is a really nice little pool and slide for families with young kids. I bet that a lot of people don't even know that it is there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter