What Happens at the Beach Club... Travels with Teens, Take Two, (PTR) 4/6 p. 29

You can rent kayaks at Fort Wilderness! Johnny and I were looking at it one time. We thought if we had some extra time we'd love to do that. (We never had extra time! :lmao: )

Thanks for that info. Sounds about right. If any place has kayaks, it would be FW.

:thumbsup2

So I still have some catching up on this TR. And, of course, I am reading BACKWARDS! Your breakfast looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!! YUM!

Yay for gifted park tickets. I wish that would happen to me! :rotfl2: Looking forward to reading about your MK day and going back and getting caught up again!

Stacked Kouzzina Breakfast, $12.49
2 Poached Eggs, Kalmata Olive Toast, Artichoke Spread and Sweet Potato Hash with choice of bacon or sausage

Sigh. That's what I had the one and only time I ate there. We tried to go there in September but just missed the breakfast time cut off. Super bummed about that as I recall this as being delish. AND you got to eat outside, perfection! What a lovely start to the day.

So I still have some catching up on this TR. And, of course, I am reading BACKWARDS! Your breakfast looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!! YUM!

Yay for gifted park tickets. I wish that would happen to me! :rotfl2: Looking forward to reading about your MK day and going back and getting caught up again!

It was a great breakfast! Filling too, even though we split the entrée and berries.

I was very fortunate to have so many generous friends who made this awesome trip happen for me. The offer of a place to stay by Rebecca and the gifted tickets allowed me to make the most out of a 2 day trip and to really have it be worth it. Oh, and as I write about next, another friend allowed me to share her photopass account. :)

No rush on catching up. I'll be here all week (and next week too!) :rotfl2:

Sigh. That's what I had the one and only time I ate there. We tried to go there in September but just missed the breakfast time cut off. Super bummed about that as I recall this as being delish. AND you got to eat outside, perfection! What a lovely start to the day.

Yup- that was soooooo good!

It was nice to eat outside but I wouldn't have wanted to do that much later.

It was hot!

:sunny:

Before I planned to go on this trip, I had a realization that made me sad.

This was going to be the first summer since 2008 that I would not see Cinderella’s Castle!

In 2008, we had our first on-site family trip, staying at All Star Music in August, during Tropical Storm Faye.
In July 2009, we planned our re-do trip, this time was our first stay at the Beach Club.
2010, we were back to the Beach Club.
In 2011, our family switched it up with a stay at Universal, but we planned a one-day surprise trip to the Magic Kingdom for the boys.
In 2012, I accompanied Nate, and 144 of his classmates on his 8th grade class trip to Disney in June.
2013 was a split stay for us- Universal and Disney.

“Pity Party of 1 Please!”

I had absolutely no right to complain… after all, we did have our dream trip to Hawaii and Disneyland, where I did see a different castle…

Even after booking my plane ticket, I still did not have plans to visit the parks since a one or two day visit to the parks is so expensive. But when my friend offered me two tickets, just one week before the trip, I was thrilled beyond all reason that I would indeed get to keep my yearly castle-sighting streak intact

And the streak will be continued in 2015, during Ben’s class trip in June.

After breakfast, I made my way to the Boardwalk Bus stop. I was on my way to the MK, and I was very excited about the Fast Passes I had lined up:

Magic Kingdom- Tuesday August 19
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train 9:35 to 10:35
Peter Pan’s Flight 10:40 to 11:40
Big Thunder Mountain 11:45 to 12:45

And I also had a special lunch treat to look forward to.

Two buses to the MK pulled up at essentially the same time. The first one was pretty crowded and everyone except for me and another couple got on that one.

As the Knight said to the man who chose the wrong chalice in the movie “Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade”

“You chose… Poorly”

Because there were only 3 of us on this bus, it stopped at the Swalphin before continuing on to the MK. I bet that first bus drove directly to the park.

Nonetheless, we arrived at MK pretty close to 9 am.

I had about half an hour before my fast pass for the Mine Train, so I spent some time just meandering around Main Street and Cinderella’s Castle, taking pictures at my own pace.

I stopped for some Photopass pictures a couple of times along the way. I was the beneficiary of more generosity- one of the people from the meet added my photopass pictures to her account and sent me a CD with my photos.

I had the Photopass Photographer take a few pictures with my big-girl camera, but she did something to the settings.

Then I figured it out, and re-adjusted the settings.

To Automatic!

:lmao:

Continued in Next Post
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=52622180&postcount=426
Scroll Down or Click Here for Nex Post

Dee - I love your PP pictures of you in front of castle. They a great. Is nice to spend time looking at castle details. Those men and boys not as interested. I know the story. Mom and I had a great time looking at details. Mom even loved the design in the drains on the MK walkways.

I am so enjoying you reliving your trip through this report! :)

Rebecca

How very wonderful of your friend to give you the passes so that you could see the castle this trip! I enjoyed your "detail" pictures as we oftentimes go right to an attraction and miss all of the cute details within the park.

Dee, what a fun update. I am so glad you had a friend who gave you tickets so you could get to the parks.

I LOVE your photopass pics and the borders. I always say I want to spend more time around the castle and get pictures and I always forget. I definitely want to do that next trip.

How in the world did you manage to get a fast pass for Seven Dwarfs just one week ahead of your trip? That ride is so popular FP's are gone at the 60 day mark. People are booking ghost rooms just so they can get a fp for this ride.

It is nice to be able to spend lots of time doing whatever you want. That is why an adults only trip is so nice.

LOVE your MK pictures of all the castles. I'm glad you posted the pictures that were on the wrong setting - although they are overly blue, they are still beautiful.

I love the mosaic murals inside the castle. I'm only realizing now that we didn't walk by them once this trip. Another reason I need to get back there someday!

Looking forward to seeing pics from your lunch!

I have to admit. I don't think there is any way I could be in Disney and not go to Magic Kingdom. So glad you got to as well.

I see Mayor Weaver!!!!

It's kinda nice to be able to slow down once you arrive and really take it all in. That's the thing I love the most about my solo trips. :goodvibes

Yes... Food and Wine just about did me in with all of its' s fly Friendly deliciousness. I have been sneaking in to the Fitness center at the Yacht and Beach Club Resorts and trying to lift the weights. I am limited to the weights however because the treadmill proved to be a disaster. Even with my 6 little legs I just couldn't keep up and I would constantly be flung from the belt and into a chemically enhanced Cross Fit junkie. The spiders in the corner warned me that even with 8 legs they couldn't keep up on the treadmill but I just wouldn't listen. ..

Signed, Buzzy the fly, your Beach Club Resort guy

Dee - I love your PP pictures of you in front of castle. They a great. Is nice to spend time looking at castle details. Those men and boys not as interested. I know the story. Mom and I had a great time looking at details. Mom even loved the design in the drains on the MK walkways.

I am so enjoying you reliving your trip through this report! :)

Rebecca

Thank you!

That was one of the things that was great about being alone, and having Fast Passes for the things I really wanted to do. I could just soak in the details and not have to rush to get to a favorite ride.

Definitely a different trip solo or for you, with your mom, than it is with the family.

::yes::

How very wonderful of your friend to give you the passes so that you could see the castle this trip! I enjoyed your "detail" pictures as we oftentimes go right to an attraction and miss all of the cute details within the park.

I was blessed with so much generosity on this trip! A place to stay, park tickets, space on someone's photopass account...

And a shoutout to my family too. They were all very understanding about my need to go on this trip. Well, to be honest, Nate was practically pushing me out the door, but for Mark and Ben, it was tough for them to know that I was at the World, and they weren't.

This was probably the longest amount of time I have ever been in a park without going on an attraction.

Although it won't be long, now...

:thumbsup2

Dee, what a fun update. I am so glad you had a friend who gave you tickets so you could get to the parks.

I LOVE your photopass pics and the borders. I always say I want to spend more time around the castle and get pictures and I always forget. I definitely want to do that next trip.

Thank you!

The trip would have been special even without the parks, but boy did I have a great time in EPCOT and MK. It was just a few hours each, but so wonderful!

My friend did the borders for me on the pictures. :hug:

We are always rushing to a ride when we arrive at MK. I didn't even know about those little character statues around the partners courtyard until a friend of mine went on her trip and showed me her pictures. I met with her before the trip and gave her all sorts of advice, and then she came back and I'm like "Where are those?"

:rotfl2:

What a lovely update :)
So nice that you got to meander down Main Street and take in all the details that make it so magical :thumbsup2

Thanks!

I was having a lovely time, strolling at a slow pace, stopping for a photopass picture without any whining, pausing to take pictures without having to catch up to my family.

:goodvibes

How in the world did you manage to get a fast pass for Seven Dwarfs just one week ahead of your trip? That ride is so popular FP's are gone at the 60 day mark. People are booking ghost rooms just so they can get a fp for this ride.

It is nice to be able to spend lots of time doing whatever you want. That is why an adults only trip is so nice.

Maybe because it was just me? I do remember that the first time I scheduled my FP, the Mine Train was not available, but then I tried again later, maybe another day, and I got a first thing in the morning slot. I was pretty excited!

I'm don't think we will try to get Mine Train FP for the class trip in June, so I probably won't ride it on that trip.

Mark and I had a few trips to Disney together before the boys were born. We will often turn to each other on family trips and say that it will be fun to do that again someday so we can do exactly what we want.

:lmao:

LOVE your MK pictures of all the castles. I'm glad you posted the pictures that were on the wrong setting - although they are overly blue, they are still beautiful.

I love the mosaic murals inside the castle. I'm only realizing now that we didn't walk by them once this trip. Another reason I need to get back there someday!

Looking forward to seeing pics from your lunch!

Thank you!

The castle was looking particularly fetching that morning! Maybe because it was standing still for me, unlike other trips when it goes whizzing by as I am trying to photograph it. Or maybe that is me in motion.

:teleport:

I have never had the chance before to actually stop and look at the beautiful mosaic murals. In fact, it was another friend's pictures of them that prompted a "Where the heck are those?" moment for me. We have rushed through the castle a couple of times on the way to get on Peter Pan at park opening, but have never stopped inside the castle.

:rotfl:

I have to admit. I don't think there is any way I could be in Disney and not go to Magic Kingdom. So glad you got to as well.

I see Mayor Weaver!!!!

It's kinda nice to be able to slow down once you arrive and really take it all in. That's the thing I love the most about my solo trips. :goodvibes

If I only had one ticket, it would have been used to go to MK. I'm so glad I saw the castle!

I was very tempted to go over to see Mayor Weaver and tell him that "Brenda sends her love" :love2:

I was really having a magical time all by myself and there is a definite possibility that I had a big ole grin on my face all day!

:p

Yes... Food and Wine just about did me in with all of its' s fly Friendly deliciousness. I have been sneaking in to the Fitness center at the Yacht and Beach Club Resorts and trying to lift the weights. I am limited to the weights however because the treadmill proved to be a disaster. Even with my 6 little legs I just couldn't keep up and I would constantly be flung from the belt and into a chemically enhanced Cross Fit junkie. The spiders in the corner warned me that even with 8 legs they couldn't keep up on the treadmill but I just wouldn't listen. ..

Signed, Buzzy the fly, your Beach Club Resort guy

Woah! I'm surprised you are still able to type after indulging in all of the F&W deliciousness!

Congrats on sneaking into the fitness club. I heard they were actually gauging weather people working out were "sweaty enough" to merit time in the shower. Do you know if there is a sliding scale for flies and other insects, or do you also have to generate large pools of perspiration?

:cheer2:

I didn't realize you almost didn't have a park ticket for this trip. I know the feeling. They are so ridiculously expensive and I know how grateful I was for the DVC ticket!

Love the pictures you took of the castle. I love your much better than the PP photographer's. I'm honestly not sure what she did to the settings to make them so blueish! Weird!

What a great start to your MK day!

Mark and I had a few trips to Disney together before the boys were born. We will often turn to each other on family trips and say that it will be fun to do that again someday so we can do exactly what we want.
It is fun to do what you want, when you want to, but I'll warn you, the trip takes on different meaning when you go and you have grandchildren waiting for your return. Then the trip becomes "Oh, DGD or DGS will really like this, let's get it dear!". It becomes a different way to spend your vacation money.

Loved the pictures.

Katesdad

I didn't realize you almost didn't have a park ticket for this trip. I know the feeling. They are so ridiculously expensive and I know how grateful I was for the DVC ticket!

Love the pictures you took of the castle. I love your much better than the PP photographer's. I'm honestly not sure what she did to the settings to make them so blueish! Weird!

What a great start to your MK day!

It was truly down to the wire!

I pitched this trip to my family as a very budget-friendly visit to attend the meet. I told Ben I wasn't going to go to the parks so he wouldn't be jealous.

But then... tickets magically appeared :cool1: (Ben was ok with it)

I can't remember what the issue with the camera was, maybe the dial was between settings. I'm glad I corrected it.

So far so good!

:goodvibes

It is fun to do what you want, when you want to, but I'll warn you, the trip takes on different meaning when you go and you have grandchildren waiting for your return. Then the trip becomes "Oh, DGD or DGS will really like this, let's get it dear!". It becomes a different way to spend your vacation money.

Loved the pictures.

Katesdad

Interesting perspective!!!

I know Mark and I would really enjoy a couples only trip, but honestly, I hope we get to travel with the boys as adults and when they have families.

I'm not too worried yet about spoiling and over-shopping for the non-existent grandkids. We only go into gift shops in extreme circumstances, so the temptation will be minimal. I hope

;)

Glad I found your TR! Really enjoying it, as I love our BC forum. Almost 2 weeks away from our second stay!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Glad I found your TR! Really enjoying it, as I love our BC forum. Almost 2 weeks away from our second stay!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

:welcome:

So glad you are here!

I appreciate the kind words about the BC thread- it really is a special place. My trip would not have happened if not for the Fantastic Friends of the FAQ.

I like the ring to that- Ninja... more t-shirts, please!

I am so excited to hear that your trip is so soon!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter