What happened to the "free" transportation from MCO

cruiseaway15

Earning My Ears
I havent been to WDW since 2019 and am planning a trip for Jan 2023. Is there no longer a Magical Express bus to the resorts? If not, what would be your recommendation for a transfer company?
I am just in the early planning stages and have not done research yet. I feel like I am really out of the loop... went every year from 1996-2019.

Disney announced in early-mid January 2021 that Disney's Magical Express would end effective January 1st 2022, the contract with Mears coming to an end.

As far as recommendations I'll leave that up to others as we always rented a car.

I havent been to WDW since 2019 and am planning a trip for Jan 2023. Is there no longer a Magical Express bus to the resorts? If not, what would be your recommendation for a transfer company?
I am just in the early planning stages and have not done research yet. I feel like I am really out of the loop... went every year from 1996-2019.
DME went away at the end of 2021. Mears is still doing resort transport, same busses, same spot at MCO, and same drivers. They removed the bus wraps and added a $32 RT charge for adults. Sunshine Flyer also started up, same level at MCO as Mears but the opposite end. About the same price and seemingly better reviews. You can use private transport or rideshare. Be prepared for a lot of changes, and not all good.

It would be helpful to know who’s in your traveling party. Do you have kids and need car seats? How many people, and how much luggage?

We used Mears for our last 2 trips. Convenient, good price, the usual under bus space for luggage, strollers, etc. I believe for larger groups tho, it's not the cheapest. There were 2 of us.

It was the time of take aways that you missed. Disney decided that they finally got us all so they didn’t need to give incentives anymore.
We Uber. We’ve found it the easiest.

Thank you all for the replies. I am doing a solo trip and I am thinking it is a good thing before bringing grandkids next August. . I feel like a Disney newbie again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter