What happened to smaller crowds?

Aimlynn1

Earning My Ears
Looking at the wait times this week they are up near 2 hours for most rides. What happened to limiting attendance? Shorter hours and longer lines means we will only get to ride 3 or 4 rides a day. Seriously considering cancelling our November trip. It is not worth the money and seems like they have thrown out safety concerns.

Same. Going for my daughter’s birthday and debating Rescheduling bc there is no way she will wait two hours in line without a stroller . (She will be 4)

Yikes, really? And it's September, supposedly a slower time of year, generally.
I have not bought tickets for December yet.....

There is still limited capacity. When the parks first opened, Disney was not reaching their limited capacity. Now, more people are traveling and Disney is reaching their limited capacity marks. You can see in the park reservation request page, a lot, especially Hollywood Studios, is at limited capacity limits and you can no longer reserve that park.

Disney never released exact numbers, but if limited capacity is 25% and the park holds a 100,000. That's 25,000 people. The governor also has allowed capacity to be increased. Again, Disney hasn't said if they have in fact increased their capacity.

Also, more that a two hour wait, is where you are when standing in line. With 6 ft distancing, it is possible that wait times are "estimated" and may in fact be a lot less.

This has been talked about frequently on these boards, and I think people need to alter their expectations. There are no FP+, which means everyone is having to be in a line. This actually does help in terms of wait time, because every single person riding is in the standby, the don't have to wait for the FP+ people to come. In addition, as many people have experienced, wait times tend to be exaggerated on the app. There have always been a few reasons for this, but right now I think the biggest one is to reduce the number of people waiting in line. With spacing, the lines can get quite long even without a huge wait time. The queues weren't designed for 6ft distance, so lines are getting longer than normal.

My personal opinion is that this is still a great time to go. It's typically a slower period before the holidays, and crowds will be lower with reduced capacity. I don't anticipate it getting any better. Capacity is only going to increase from here on out. With good planning (which is a Disney requirement no matter when you go), you will get quite a bit done. Stick to the hallmarks of Rope Drop or at the end of the day, prioritize what rides you want, and expect crowds. I'm going to tag @yulilin3 as she has great advice and knows the parks.

There is still limited capacity. When the parks first opened, Disney was not reaching their limited capacity. Now, more people are traveling and Disney is reaching their limited capacity marks. You can see in the park reservation request page, a lot, especially Hollywood Studios, is at limited capacity limits and you can no longer reserve that park.

Disney never released exact numbers, but if limited capacity is 25% and the park holds a 100,000. That's 25,000 people. The governor also has allowed capacity to be increased. Again, Disney hasn't said if they have in fact increased their capacity.

Also, more that a two hour wait, is where you are when standing in line. With 6 ft distancing, it is possible that wait times are "estimated" and may in fact be a lot less.
Thank u for this info. It was helpful.

This has been talked about frequently on these boards, and I think people need to alter their expectations. There are no FP+, which means everyone is having to be in a line. This actually does help in terms of wait time, because every single person riding is in the standby, the don't have to wait for the FP+ people to come. In addition, as many people have experienced, wait times tend to be exaggerated on the app. There have always been a few reasons for this, but right now I think the biggest one is to reduce the number of people waiting in line. With spacing, the lines can get quite long even without a huge wait time. The queues weren't designed for 6ft distance, so lines are getting longer than normal.

My personal opinion is that this is still a great time to go. It's typically a slower period before the holidays, and crowds will be lower with reduced capacity. I don't anticipate it getting any better. Capacity is only going to increase from here on out. With good planning (which is a Disney requirement no matter when you go), you will get quite a bit done. Stick to the hallmarks of Rope Drop or at the end of the day, prioritize what rides you want, and expect crowds. I'm going to tag @yulilin3 as she has great advice and knows the parks.
Thank u. Makes me feel better. I’ll await anxiously for the advice, as any input is valued. I’m taking my four year old and elderly parents t/f I am grateful for any feedback. Thanks again.

S pointed out this subject is being discussed in several threads on the theme park and strategy board. If you want up-to-date reports from people that are here right now go to the just back thread on that forum. The capacities are not being Altered there are just more people coming and the park capacity hasn't reached its levels only for a couple of days so far. With realistic expectations that crowd levels were never going to be so a small that attractions or walk ons people coming now and in the future should plan on a regular crowd days and plan to do your priority attractions 1st thing in the morning and stay until the end of the park day for best touring

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!