What groceries do you normally get when staying in a villa?

Capang

DIS Veteran
We have a long stay planned this summer. We have a week at CC, a cruise, then another 5 days at CC. I’d like to keep some snacks and things in the room in order to avoid so much eating out. Knowing we won’t have a full kitchen what kinds of things do you normally keep in the room? I was thinking instant oatmeal, things for sandwiches, milk, etc. I kind of wish we had the 1 bedroom with the full kitchen but this was the best use of our points.

Cheerios and milk; sliced turkey, sliced cheese, wheat bread, mayo, mustard, and gluten free bread for sandwiches; butter and jam for toasted GF bread if we pick up an inexpensive toaster for DW to use (we do this to avoid cross contamination); potato chips, corn chips, a dip or two for snacks; some bottled water and bottled cola; perhaps a 6-pack of beer.

We pick up much the same even if in a one bedroom, but will add some fresh eggs and possibly brown and serve sausage (as a change for a light dinner in the room rather than going out).

I discovered these small Hormel trays (basically mini party platters) at Walmart. My favorite is the one with cheese, crackers, and turkey. We are a minimum 1BR family but still like to have quick snacks available. Walmart isn't normally my first (or even second or third) choice for grocery shopping at home, but on vacation they do have a lot of convenient options like that. Plus, it's always the best deal on miscellaneous items that inevitably are forgotten, as well as $2 for the big pool noodles vs. a million dollars at the BC marketplace

Drinks, drinks, and more drinks.

Water, gatorade, soda, vitamin water etc. Buying at Disney prices is crazy.
For food, we do milk, cereals, pop tarts(yuck), and produce. In a 1-2 br, we'll get items to makes pancakes/bacon/sausage and sausage biscuits/hashbrowns.
Other items are lunch meats/cheese/buns and munchies.

The last couple of trips I used Amazon pantry. Drinks, breakfast foods, usually junky snacks for the kids(vacation treats), microwave popcorn, chips, other microwave foods. You can do some minimal cooking in a studio. I took a small crockpot once when just my kids and I stayed for 12 days in a studio. We never eat breakfast out, don't won't to waste our precious early morning park time forging for food. It's just easier for everyone to grab something in the room before we leave. Depending on if you are flying or driving, you could pack a suitcase of food items so you don't have to depend on delivery.

Enjoy! We did short stays at WDW before and after a cruise last August and it was one of the best trips ever! We got snacks (my kids are into Ritz bits lately), individual fun pack cold cereals and milk, and instant oatmeal. We tended to have leftovers from dinner with the kids, and would microwave those for lunch the next day.

Thanks everyone! I am really looking forward to our stays but I just can’t eat disney food all day everyday like I used to. The sodium just kills me and I don’t want to come home 20 pond heavier than I left! I really debated on a 1 bedroom but I think I can hobble some meals together for at least myself. I also don’t want to pay an arm and leg for snacks for DD and DH. I appreciate the advice!

I bring or get:
Laundry pods and dryer sheets
Water
Beer or wine or booze (depending what we are in mood for)
Creamer and Splenda and extra coffee packs (Maxwell House)
Breakfast things like granola bars, crumb cakes, cereal bars, mini muffin packs and the such (have brought bagels but then I have to hope the resort store has cream cheese)
Some snacks like a bag of chips and a pack of cookies
Empty Ziploc bags, gallon and quart
Used to bring drink mix (like Crystal Light) and mix up a pitcher for the kids but not now that they are older

We order a 24 or 36 case of water, milk, OJ, bagels and/or English muffins, peanut butter, jam, bread, butter, frozen pancakes, syrup, chicken fingers or nuggets, pizza, 2 liter of soda. Sometimes I'll add in hot dogs, buns, rigatoni, sauce, mozzarella cheese. Breakfasts are in the villa, eat lunch in the parks (usually), and I try to have dinner in the villa one or two nights on a 6 day trip.

We get breakfast and evening snack stuff, plus a lot of drinks, especially water in bottles to take with us each day. If we are not on a meal plan we add sandwich stuff and yogurt, maybe something to throw in the microwave for a few lunches when we are there for lunch instead of out and about. But it's easy to overdo it... hate to throw away too much at check out!

Rotisserie chicken, 2 dozen eggs, spinach, almond milk, protein bars, alcohol, m/w popcorn, frozen pizza(s), wheat bread/pockets, sugar free chocolates, coffee creamer, fruits, cereals, peanuts/almonds, laundry detergent and mac-n-cheese. I'm sure I've left quite a bit out, but Publix was only ~6 miles away.

Breakfast...Milk, cereal, pop tarts(for DS), bananas, grapefruit, coffee
Lunch...bread, lunch meats, mustard and mayo, chips
Dinner...usually eat this meal out
Water bottles for parks

Usually
beer and wine (sometimes rum and or vodka depending on who's going)
soda/pop, San Pellegrino, water (gallons for coffee maker and refillable bottles), organic milk and cream for coffee
breakfast food (eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns, pancake mix)
snacks (organic fresh fruit and veggies)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter