What food do you crave after returning home from a long trip?

I'm surprised people are craving restaurant food after a vacation. I'm usually sick of eating out after a vacation. I just want simple, home cooked meals. Just my regular toast in the morning I crave.

I'm the opposite after returning from at trip there is usually some new food I had tried on my trip that I wish I could have again. My trip to the UK, I had THE BEST YORKSHIRE PUDDING EVER while in York and when at Disney I had Pooh's french toast at Crystal palace! YUM!!!

Mine is always something I was eating while there:
Vegas---crepes and Gouda cheese from Paris buffet, pizza from Hidden Pizza
Disney---Pecos Bill's nachos (something about their taco meat!) and anything from Les Halles
Louisiana---hurricanes, Cajun Mary's, Cajun chicken poboys, beignets
Mississippi---BBQ, fried chicken, any kind of cooked greens (turnip, collard, etc)
New Mexico---everything smothered in green chiles, blakes lotanurger

Totally agree :)
I get home and want a Dole Whip or a NoLa Debris sandwich, some Venice Carpaccio and for the life of me I don't understand why I can not find anything that tastes remotely like Italian (I think I ate mostly Parmalat) yogurt!!! I crave the taste, have searched high and low in the U.S., but to no avail :guilty:

My vacations rarely last longer than 8 nights away, so there are no foods/beverages I can't live without for that amount of time.

If I'm in a Latin American country a greasy burger and fries. We once craved one so bad we got it during our layover in the US.

Any other place and it's a traditional Puerto Rican meal. We start to miss rice and beans.

When I go away with friends for a long weekend or a getaway with my SO it's usually a salad.

Mexican food because it's my favorite and I'm always disappointed in the Mexican food options outside of Southern California.
....that's how I feel about Italian food [outside the NYC area]....

When we went to Hawaii I missed OJ was wasn't priced like a needed a job to buy it and donuts!

When we go to FL, I miss pizza, although we have found 2 in Ft. Myers that we like and we like Wolfgang pucks (via Napoli we will try next year). I also miss bakery items because they just stink in FL. Maybe because I grew up in Fairfield county and I am 1/2 Italian and we have good bakery's??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!