What Does YOUR DCL magnetic door sign look like? With other great tips for your sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I would post ours :teeth:

joemuseum made the fabulous graphic for our cruise and posted on the cruise meet thread so we can all save it. Here's the graphic:
dismemberonboard.jpg

And this is what I came up with for the door magnet:

dcl-door-magnet.jpg

Timon... I hadn't seen our graphic yet, but it's great!! Love your version too! I've got too many door signs that I want to make now!! :blush:

I'd love to make a honeymoon-themed one for a friend of mine who's a huge Tigger fan. Any ideas?

ksoehrlein said:
I'd love to make a honeymoon-themed one for a friend of mine who's a huge Tigger fan. Any ideas?

I really like your Its a Small World graphic that you modified for the DIS in your signature line. Where'd you find the graphic?

I found this thread in my search for door sign resources and information

Great job, to all of you!!!

Does someone on here want to start a magnetic door sign making business? I will be your first customer!

Susy

Timon said:
I thought I would post ours :teeth:

joemuseum made the fabulous graphic for our cruise and posted on the cruise meet thread so we can all save it. Here's the graphic:
dismemberonboard.jpg

And this is what I came up with for the door magnet:

dcl-door-magnet.jpg

Wow! You guys are so talented! I am trying to "finish" up my projects as we fly out tomorrow!!! Now mine look so drab!!! :cool1:

bridegirl said:
I found this thread in my search for door sign resources and information
Great job, to all of you!!!
Does someone on here want to start a magnetic door sign making business? I will be your first customer!
Susy

Suzy: it is really very easy. if you don't have magnetic paper you can pint your signs on plain paper and then buy the little magnetic strips and us that for magnetic for placing on door or whatever

do you have programs already??

There are so many good suggestions in this thread. I am sure you can follow some of them. A couple of people have explained very carefully how to do some projects

Disneynut4ever said:
My kids would love that!!! How can we become the person to blow the horn? We're taking the kids in December.

I am pretty sure that the kids can't do it. Just adults can be on the Bridge when the ship leaves. There is a lot going on at that time

they asked me about kids when I was approached and I said it was just DH and I

Can you just use double sided tape to stick you sign to the doors? Or is this a problem.

The problem with tape (double sided or regular) is that you really need to get it back off the door. It doesn't seem fair to leave scraping it off to the cabin stewards who already have a lot to do in getting their rooms turned around in just a few hours. It is always possible if tape were to start to be a problem that DCL might ban the door signs rather than deal with the mess. Since the doors are metal and magnets are easy to put up and remove, it seems like a good solution for everyone.

At most hobby stores (and even sometimes places like Walmart or Target) you can get "Magnetic tape" which is sticky on one side (to stick to your sign or whatever) and magnet on the other.

pdarrah

pdarrah said:
The problem with tape (double sided or regular) is that you really need to get it back off the door. It doesn't seem fair to leave scraping it off to the cabin stewards who already have a lot to do in getting their rooms turned around in just a few hours. It is always possible if tape were to start to be a problem that DCL might ban the door signs rather than deal with the mess. Since the doors are metal and magnets are easy to put up and remove, it seems like a good solution for everyone.

At most hobby stores (and even sometimes places like Walmart or Target) you can get "Magnetic tape" which is sticky on one side (to stick to your sign or whatever) and magnet on the other.

pdarrah

Deinately use magnets. Make it a great deal easier for everyone and is not that expensive.

Such great signs. Can anyone tell me where to find the clipart with Mickey and Minnie at the ships steering wheel. (okay you can all laugh now because I cannot think of the term for the wheel!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter