What Does YOUR DCL magnetic door sign look like? Part II

Want to subscribe to this thread?: Did you know you do not have to reply to this thread to subscribe to it? On any thread on the DISboards, near the top of the page and just under the advertisement banner and "Page # of #", there's a drop-down option named "Thread Tools". After clicking on this, select "Subscribe to this Thread". :)

HELP! I am trying to be independent and make some of my own magnets- well sort of- I went to rumblyinmytumbly's photobucket and got a bunch of blanks but now I can't figure out how to get the right font??? I went to google as suggested on the old magnet thread and found the Disney font for free but when I click it nothing seems to happen. I am on a macbook. It puts something on my desktop but when I click it it says stuff it not supported or something like that??:confused: I am so confused! This is what I get for trying to be creative! I would REALLY appreciate any help you all can give:worship: Thanks so much!:hug:
Stephanie

HELP! I am trying to be independent and make some of my own magnets- well sort of- I went to rumblyinmytumbly's photobucket and got a bunch of blanks but now I can't figure out how to get the right font??? I went to google as suggested on the old magnet thread and found the Disney font for free but when I click it nothing seems to happen. I am on a macbook. It puts something on my desktop but when I click it it says stuff it not supported or something like that??:confused: I am so confused! This is what I get for trying to be creative! I would REALLY appreciate any help you all can give:worship: Thanks so much!:hug:
Stephanie

Before this thread gets too crazy out of hand, I just have a quick question. Do all of ya'll magnet connosieurs use a specific program, like Disney's Magic Artist? Or do you just hunt the web for specific clip art and fonts, then use Photo Shop or Publisher?

I was considering investing in Disney's Magic Artist, but was not sure if the others would work just as well.

I'd say that you will find a lot of different programs used out there. Some use Photoshop, Printshop, Photoimpact, Word, Magic Artist. Any graphics program will work. The DISigners tend to use the more sophisticated programs.

Want to subscribe to this thread?: Did you know you do not have to reply to this thread to subscribe to it? On any thread on the DISboards, near the top of the page and just under the advertisement banner and "Page # of #", there's a drop-down option named "Thread Tools". After clicking on this, select "Subscribe to this Thread". :)
Thanks for that tip!!!! Just subscribed.
Stephanie

I am doing the same thing. Good thing I have 9 months before my cruise.:rotfl:

Disneyfaninaz- Thanks so much. My mac was missing stuffit. I figured it out after several tries. Thanks I think I've got it now.

Before this thread gets too crazy out of hand, I just have a quick question. Do all of ya'll magnet connosieurs use a specific program, like Disney's Magic Artist? Or do you just hunt the web for specific clip art and fonts, then use Photo Shop or Publisher?

I was considering investing in Disney's Magic Artist, but was not sure if the others would work just as well.

I bought Magic Artist and it did nothing for me. :confused3 The kids like playing with it though.
I much prefer photoshop:thumbsup2
(Of course there is a big price difference there)
HTH...

I am a Photo Impact user but most people prefer Photo Shop or Photo Shop Elements. I believe you can do a trial versions for 30 days with many of the programs. Have fun, what ever you decide to buy.:goodvibes
Penny:hippie:

Thanks for all the tips..........I guess I have just seen a lot of graphics and fonts that I have never found online before, so I assumed it came from a specialized program.

I guess maybe if you know where to look, you will be able to find what you want.

I am always searching for new clip art and fonts. I go to DaFont and browse through there looking for new and Interesting fonts. I also ask what fonts people are using if i like them.
for clip art, my favorite site for giffed work is here
http://www.disneyclips.com/
for wall papers I normally go to the Disney site itself. they have great wallpaper & I gif/png things from there if I need it.
also, there is a sticky at the top of this thread
DISign Tips
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=892906
that has lots of good recommendations for clip art. Some are no longer any good.
I also do image searches through Ask Jeeves & Google as they often turn up different sites. Once I find a good site, I take everything off I might possibley need in the future. :lmao: Some day (not today, I have to pay bills) I will go through and save all the sites I use as it is a question often asked. Penny:hippie:

Here's my first sign EVER! :woohoo:
What do you think?

surprise2.jpg

Those are great!
I love the "I wonder" one!
:thumbsup2

OK, this is not a good picture and the adhesive magnets wouldn't stick on the backs of the signs, but this my door.

DisneyCruise2008DoorSigns.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter