What does today's announcement mean for Universal Studios Hollywood?

StuckInKS

DIS Veteran
There are news stories that LA County will have an indoor mask mandate starting Saturday. We leave for DL in 8 days, but was thinking of doing a Universal day, too. I Googled and it seems that Universal is in LA County, so does that mean they will have the requirement? I went to the safety updates on their website and it still says recommended, not required. Not sure if that means they just haven't updated it yet or if businesses have some leeway that I am not aware of. Anyone local know more about this yet? Sorry about this, but it is not well covered out here in the midwest, so I'm just trying to get info on it as quickly as possible. We have some family traveling with us who refuse to mask anywhere, so this may affect whether we can go to Universal or not.

It's a rule (not just an advisory) so I assume Universal Studios will need to comply. The rule is supposed to go into effect at 11:59pm on Saturday. The LA Times might have more information.

Website isn’t updated, but theme park reporters are saying on Twitter the Universal Studios Hollywood will fall under the new requirement.

Website isn’t updated, but theme park reporters are saying on Twitter the Universal Studios Hollywood will fall under the new requirement.

Thank you so much! It is frustrating that they are taking so long updating, but we will just cut it out of our plans. I had just bought Disney tickets the morning this was announced, glad I waited on Universal.

Universal will have to comply and require masking indoors for everyone, regardless of vaccine status.

Thank you so much! It is frustrating that they are taking so long updating, but we will just cut it out of our plans. I had just bought Disney tickets the morning this was announced, glad I waited on Universal.

Just a heads up that many counties have issued advisories (not mandates yet) on indoor masking in the last 24 hours. I'd keep an eye out on Orange County and any other county you may be visiting on your trip because things could change between now and then. LA County went from having an advisory to having a mandate within a week period, if I recall correctly.

Just a heads up that many counties have issued advisories (not mandates yet) on indoor masking in the last 24 hours. I'd keep an eye out on Orange County and any other county you may be visiting on your trip because things could change between now and then. LA County went from having an advisory to having a mandate within a week period, if I recall correctly.

The OC health authority said today they have no plans to reinstate any mask mandates. Cases in the county are not nearly as bad as in some others and we have plenty of hospital and ICU capacity. They continue to recommend that unvaccinated people mask indoors and that everyone avoid poorly ventilated, crowded indoor spaces.

Thanks! My immediately family will be going to DL and masking either way, but Universal was an add on that I hadn't fully committed to yet. I did read yesterday that Orange County "has no plans" to announce a mandate, but of course that could change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter