What does tandori chick taste like at sanaa?

There are so many different flavors of "curry" though so I'm not sure what you're asking...

These are the basic spices used for a basic Tandoori Chicken (this is NOT the recipe used at Sanaa)

The specific spices vary somewhat from one region to another, but typically include garam masala*, garlic, ginger, cumin, cayenne pepper, and other spices and additives (e.g. lemon juice). The spices are often ground together with a pestle and mortar.

* = The composition of garam masala differs regionally, with wide variety across India. Some common ingredients are black & white peppercorns, cloves, malabar leaves, mace, black cumin, cumin seeds, cinnamon, black, brown, & green cardamom, nutmeg, star anise, and coriander seeds.

...and there is no curry "sauce" on tandoori dishes...

Hope that helps!

Tandoori Chicken tastes a little like alligator,
Alligator tastes a little like peacock,
Peacock tastes a little like seasoned chicken,
Thus, Tandoori Chicken tastes a little like seasoned chicken.

NOTE: On the serious side, Tandoori is bathed in yogurt,
then seasoned with chili powder, Cayenne pepper and turmeric.
It is somewhat "warm" but not "hot". By the way, In true
Indian cooking, there is no such thing as curry. Curry is
a European invention.

I really like the tandoori chicken at Sanaa.

I do not like curry.

I'm the same way. I know that when a friend ordered from the red curry or the green curry sauced dishes, it had that "curry odor" that literally turns my stomach. I don't get that with tandoori. The dish gets its name from the tandoor oven baking it.

I had a sustainable fish entree that listed a "light curry broth", but I was worried I shouldn't order it due to my dislike of Indian curries. But it was a broth and not "curry" in that way at all. That entree alone had won me over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter