What do you think?

Dreamer2012

Mouseketeer
Hi fellow Dis friends. I would really appreciate your thoughts on this itinerary. This will be for myself (mom) w/ DS26 & DD15. My DD15 & I will be there to compete in the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon on Sunday the 24th.

Fri 22nd -
We land at MCO @ approx 9am & ME to POR - ck in and get to the room.
Hoping to go to the Race Expo asap @ Coronado Springs - then to Epcot for the evening. Back to POR early side since getting up to get to AK for 8am ADR

Sat. 23rd -
Tusker House ADR - then into the park at opening
We have lunch @ SAANA w/ animal expert @ 12noon approx 2hrs
Return to POR for pool/hot tub time - Pasta dinner early and bed early - need to catch the first bus to the race at 3am

Sun 24th -
3am bus!! and Princess 1/2 Marathon
After race ends we plan to go back to POR shower - relax a little - then head to DTD for lunch & shopping - then Yaughtsman Steak House for our 4pm ADR for our celebratory dinner! Back to POR to bed early to get to rope drop at HS on Monday am.

Mon. 25th -
Rope drop @ HS
Lunch w/ an Imagineer @ Brown Derby @ 11:30 approx 2 hrs.
50's Primetime ADR @ 8:05

Tues. 26th - MY BIRTHDAY!!
Rope Drop @ MK
Dinner ADR @ BOG 4pm. MY BIRTHDAY DINNER!
Flight home @ 9:25 pm

We are early risers normally so its not out of character for us. We are NOT going to try to see/do everything - just highlights in each park, which is why we figured its best to get there early and back to resort in early evenings...

Do you think this is do-able?
would you make any "changes"?
Thanks so much for your expert opinions!

Tues. 26th - MY BIRTHDAY!!
Rope Drop @ MK
Dinner ADR @ BOG 4pm. MY BIRTHDAY DINNER!
Flight home @ 9:25 pm

While the rest of your itinerary sounds like fun, I would never put a dinner ADR in this close to having to catch a flight. And I think they want you on ME 3 hours before your flight leaves, meaning 6 p.m., and I don't think you could eat a TS dinner at 4 p.m. and get back to POR in that amount of time.

For me to have a happy birthday, I'd have to be relaxed, and I could never relax knowing I was relying on everything working like a well-oiled Swiss watch.

3.5 hours from dinner to airport show time, being in the MK, knowing you have to make it back to POR and catch ME... just not enough time in my estimation. I'd have indigestion just thinking about missing the flight!

Thanks Larryz I really appreciate your response. I too had thoughts about that, which is why I chose to get the earliest dinner adr available, and plan to be there a little early to be sure we are in quickly... we are not ones to linger over dinner and this was the one place I had chosen for my Bday dinner.... I will re-think this per your suggestion...thanks so much....

That was going to be my suggestion as well. Your ME pickup will be 3 hours before your flight. You could probably do it, but it may not be very relaxing...

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

Agreed with above. You may also not get seated exactly at 4pm. Rumors say people linger at the bog restaurant to see the sites and really take it in. Have a happy birthday!

I think 4 is first seating, so you could theoretically do it, I just think you might be too rushed & wouldn't have time to truly enjoy it. Probably no time for Beast pictures.

Lyra2007 - OMG THANK YOU!! I would have never thought about doing that!!! The cost would probably not be that high and to be able to relax a bit longer would be worth it! I definitely want Beast pics!!! Do you think our bags could still go ME? What time would we have to leave the parks to make our return flight @9:25? This is why these boards are so helpful!! Thank you so much for saving my much anticipated birthday dinner!! :)

I cant speak for a cab, but I just booked a private towncar from the airport to wdw for$65. A van was $75. I would think it would be the same for a return trip. Good luck!

This might be tight, but doable.
Forget ME. They would have you on a bus at 6:30-ish and you would have to do even more running to get back to POR in time.
Take a cab or a town car to the airport. I would leave MK at 6 at the latest, hopefully back at POR by 6:45 and get bags stored from bell services and in a cab by 7 and at the airport by 7:30. Phew!

You should tell the CM when you check in at BOG that you are rushing to make a flight. You might get some magic & get seated first. Also tell your server. I'm sure they will help as much as they can.

If you have resort bag check, you should be able to send your luggage along, but if not you couldn't send it on ME without being there.

I wouldn't cut it too close at the airport. Security took us much longer than we expected in January. Just got unlucky with a long line... but you never know.

This might be tight, but doable.
Forget ME. They would have you on a bus at 6:30-ish and you would have to do even more running to get back to POR in time.
Take a cab or a town car to the airport. I would leave MK at 6 at the latest, hopefully back at POR by 6:45 and get bags stored from bell services and in a cab by 7 and at the airport by 7:30. Phew!

Just remember Cap'n Hook, hearing that crocodile in the background...

tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock...
:hourglass

Hopefully a regular cab wont be that much...but if it is...still worth it. Has anyone else done this? Where do you meet the cab?

Lyra2007 - OMG THANK YOU!! I would have never thought about doing that!!! The cost would probably not be that high and to be able to relax a bit longer would be worth it! I definitely want Beast pics!!! Do you think our bags could still go ME? What time would we have to leave the parks to make our return flight @9:25? This is why these boards are so helpful!! Thank you so much for saving my much anticipated birthday dinner!! :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm happy this will work out for you!

I wonder if you could bring your bags to, say, the Contemporary in the AM and ask them to hold them? Then you'd be 5 minutes from MK and could get the cab from CR. Not sure why they wouldn't do that, esp. if you called first and explained. Might make your AM a little busier, but you would have plenty of time at BOG.

I found out basically the same thing. We will leave our bags at POR in the am and go off to MK. Our bags will go ME and we will take a cab to MCO. What time should we leave MK to be at the airport on time?

Dreamer2012 said:
I found out basically the same thing. We will leave our bags at POR in the am and go off to MK. Our bags will go ME and we will take a cab to MCO. What time should we leave MK to be at the airport on time?

I think I'd ask over on the transportation board. Someone over there will know for sure!

Thanks TruBlu I will do that right now! Sometimes I forget there are certain threads for certain questions....I jusst think everyone but me is a Disney Expert on these boards! Thanks again....

Dreamer2012 said:
Thanks TruBlu I will do that right now! Sometimes I forget there are certain threads for certain questions....I jusst think everyone but me is a Disney Expert on these boards! Thanks again....

LOL - Me too! I ask everything on the AKL page!!! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter