~What Do You Think About Women Dating Younger Men?~

Been there, done that--depending on the man, sometimes it was fun, sometimes not.

No different than all of these older men dating younger women.

Sometimes I think we women are our own worst enemies.

Most of the men I have dated have been younger. They range from 2 to 14 years younger. As long as you are both adults and are comfortable with the age gap it can work. Maturity can't be measured in age alone either. Some younger men I know are more reasonable than a few older ones who seem to be determined to keep up with the 20-somethings and just look stupid doing it.

For decades men have dated much younger women and this is accepted by society. Why can't it be reversed?

I must say dating a younger man seems to be a "trendy" thing to do these days. If you live in a big City like NY or LA fewer people may question why you are together.

I think it just depends on the people involved. But I have to wonder on what kind of connection they would have.

I can't give you an opinion on your personal life, I have no idea what you want in life. I guess it all depends on what you are looking for. Dating or relationship? Dating, well any adult age would do if thee is mutual sexual attraction. Relationships involve so much more.

If I were in that market:

I wouldn't be interested in a much younger man. I just think there would be too many differences (especially life experience) for me to overcome. There also would be a taboo for me because I have a 15 yo son and almost 18 yo daughter. I would feel it was inappropriate for me to date a man who was more in my childrens age group than mine. Just high on the ick factor for me. It's hard enough watching a Jude Law movie with my DD because we both think he is hot (he is closer to my age than hers, but it still gives me the heebiejeebies)

There are just many more men in my age group, and even older, that I would find much more interesting.

For decades men have dated much younger women and this is accepted by society. Why can't it be reversed?
I think it is the same thing either way. I wouldn't want to be a man my fathers age and I wouldn't want to be with a man my sons age. Just not my thing.

I do think that, while it is accepted by society, people still question the motives. Not anyones business, but people still wonder what the deal is. (Is it only sexual? Is it a mid-life crisis/trouble accepting aging? Is the younger one looking for a father/mother figure?)

hmmm not sure,, dw was living with a guy 12 yers younger than her self when we met , she was not interested in me as more than a friend until she found out that his mom was dating her ex hubby, and he took her to red lobster, then asked for crayons to color the back of his placemat on a date:) aftere that incident she threw him out and we started dateing( actually she moived in the next week, ) we are still younger man older woman,,, i'm three years younger than her:)

Well.... I'm a 46 yo man and I think I would have a hard time dating a 30 yo woman.

However, I'm willing to take that risk.

disneyworld! said:
I am 43 and finding that I have had a ton of offers from younger guys, now I am talking around 25 yo!! please tell me what is up with that??

As someone who is roughly the same age as you, I thought the answer was pretty simple, lol. I think around 40 is when a woman finally accepts who they are and don't have as many self-esteem issues, hence "the drama". Its also when a women is in her sexual peak which 25 yr old men find rather appealing, lol. I love this age and wouldn't trade it for anything ;)

thought the answer was pretty simple, lol. I think around 40 is when a woman finally accepts who they are and don't have as many self-esteem issues, hence "the drama". Its also when a women is in her sexual peak which 25 yr old men find rather appealing, lol.
LOL, but I have to say...who cares why you are appealing to them, the real question is are they appealing to you?

Most young men find many, many thing sexually appealing. I would prefer men who are beyond the curious stage and know what they want, how to get it and how to keep it.

This is just my opinion - what you end up doing is up to you!

I'm 43 and I honestly can't see myself dating a 25 year old. I think that an 18 year age difference is way too much - especially if one of the parties is barely older than the age difference. If we were talking a 35 year old and a 53 year old - I wouldn't have that much of a problem with it. I am 5 years older than my dh so I don't think age should be a huge deal - however I think if you are dating someone where the gap is more than 1/2 your age, you're out of what I would find acceptable. (So while you fall into that rule, he doesn't, thus making it against my rules!)

Speaking from a guy's perspective, I know that I found "older" women particularly sexy as long as they were in average shape.

poohandwendy said:
LOL, but I have to say...who cares why you are appealing to them, the real question is are they appealing to you?

Most young men find many, many thing sexually appealing. I would prefer men who are beyond the curious stage and know what they want, how to get it and how to keep it.

LOL, I agree with you. I tend not to even really look at any guy under 30 now-a-days, the appeal doesn't seem there anymore....ok, there may be the odd exception. I've heard many men "unpeak" at mid-40s, maybe thats the attraction to some "older" women in younger men or I guess they make them feel younger. hmmm, I guess thats sorta the same thing lol.

We want the juicy details if you go for it, Disneyworld :)

Honestly, I am 28 and if I were not married, I wouldn't date any man under 30! I don't know about the other wives on this thread but it took me awhile to break my DH in !(he is wonderful and I love him dearly) I appreciate maturity and the knowledge that goes with it.

disneyworld! said:
I am 43 and finding that I have had a ton of offers from younger guys, now I am talking around 25 yo!! please tell me what is up with that?? can any men out there clue me in on this one

Well, you could rent the movies:
"The Graduate"
"Summer of '42"
Some Jacqueline Bisset movie where she's seeing her son's best friend.:teeth:

Any of these might give you a clue as to what the appeal is. :love: :moped:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter